The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

spacer.png

Better Call Saul - Season 1

Surprisingly never watched this, even though I'm a massive Breaking Bad fan. It's different but great, especially if you like the Saul Goodman character. Tons of great backstory. I've heard BCS gets really good during the later seasons, but I'm already enjoying S1 a bunch. So that is very promising for me liking the rest of this series.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChilledBrandon said:

spacer.png

Better Call Saul - Season 1

Surprisingly never watched this, even though I'm a massive Breaking Bad fan. It's different but great, especially if you like the Saul Goodman character. Tons of great backstory. I've heard BCS gets really good during the later seasons, but I'm already enjoying S1 a bunch. So that is very promising for me liking the rest of this series.

Imo, season 1 was halfway good and halfway a bit boring. But this show obviously takes a different approach. From season 3 upwards to the very last scenes of the final episode it gets very good and reaches a level thats equal or super close to breaking bad. There will be lots of great stuff, for you the best surely is yet to come! Enjoy!

On 5/26/2024 at 8:33 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

:highfive:opinion seconded. 

Funnily enough last time I watched TV a couple of days ago (excluding the news) was Season 2, Episode 7 of Only fools and horses "A touch of glass".

This scene basically cements it as my favourite episode of the series from the ones I have watched so far:

The laugh track on Youtube doesn't feel the same as on an actual TV for some reason :hmm:

Was browsing this thread since the November 2023 posts and saw that CSI was on Netflix UK so might give that a go, if not I have Broadchurch on Blu-ray to watch at some point.

Perhaps the Youtube compression, just so as you know Only Fools much like other British Sitcoms was filmed in front of a live audience, no canned pre recorded laughter.  

Currently I am downloading and watching the ITV series, Wild at Heart and last month watched the tv mini series, Eric on Netflix. 

• Like 1

The 1% Club (Amazon Prime, also on Fox)

This is not a general knowledge game show, but one where the questions are logic puzzles. It starts with 100 players. The first question is one that 90% of the USA got correct... and this percent lowers with every following Q. Anyone who fails to solve it goes home and their $1000 stake is placed in the jackpot.

From 50% onward, you can pay your $1000 to the jackpot for a pass lifeline. Starting at 30%, you can quit with your $1000 if you've never passed.

If you're still there for the 1% question, you can take your share of a $10.000 cashout or risk it for the jackpot.

Good for something different from Millionaire or Jeopardy's YEKIOYD type quizzes. Patton Oswalt does a good job hosting.

Here are a couple Qs from tonight.

While visiting the United States, I went to California, Texas, and Washington D.C.

How many capitals are in this sentence?

Spoiler

Ten. Nine capital letters, AND the US capital. I bet the people who got eliminated on that one said 9.

If you were to add up the digits on a 12-hour digital clock, at what time would you have the largest sum?

Spoiler

9:59, for a total of 23.

And there was another one with a part-completed rectangle. Players had to choose three Tetris pieces to fill it in.