The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

On 3/4/2024 at 6:56 PM, Colin_Raleigh said:

Watched an old episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine, holy hell do I miss the days before Nu Trek. 

Yes it is very disappointing, basically everything since JJ Abrams got involved is bleh.  Strange New Worlds is probably the closest we will ever get to the glory days and that isn't anywhere near where it should be.

Speaking of franchises that used to be awesome and now suck, I'm enduring True Detective: Night Country, which is some steaming hot roadkill.

Edited by chriee

spacer.png

Currently watching “Them” on Amazon, I’m only a few episodes in but enjoying it so far. It’s supposed to be a horror show, although it doesn’t really feel like one yet.

It takes place in the 1950s and I’ve always enjoyed the 50s aesthetic.

Description:

A black family moves from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighbourhood in 1953, where their idyllic home becomes ground zero for malevolent forces

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:27 PM, chriee said:

Yes it is very disappointing, basically everything since JJ Abrams got involved is bleh.  Strange New Worlds is probably the closest we will ever get to the glory days and that isn't anywhere near where it should be.

Speaking of franchises that used to be awesome and now suck, I'm enduring True Detective: Night Country, which is some steaming hot roadkill.

At least those awful Abrams films were set in a different universe, I wish that talentless hack Kurtzman had done the same. 

On 3/6/2024 at 3:27 AM, chriee said:

Yes my Parents were watching that and thought it was garbage too, Seasons 1 and 3 were good, wasn't keen on 2 so much. 

spacer.png

I've been finishing up Ozark. Great show, but I must admit I lost interest a little during Season 3 and just started it back up recently. 

I would say the first season is peak, it's very tense and just keeps you gripped but the rest is good too. I've enjoyed it. It did well to give me some Breaking Bad vibes which I was looking for ages in another show.

Edited by ChilledBrandon
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Incredible episode. Very dark and disturbing. Aaron Paul really shines here playing different variations of the characters.

The ending left me shocked, I thought it was going to go in a certain direction and I was wrong completely. It'll certainly stick with me for a while.

10 hours ago, ChilledBrandon said:

spacer.png

Incredible episode. Very dark and disturbing. Aaron Paul really shines here playing different variations of the characters.

The ending left me shocked, I thought it was going to go in a certain direction and I was wrong completely. It'll certainly stick with me for a while.

Thats almost typical for Black Mirror, there mostly is no happy end. I really like the series. Really recommend the older episodes too if you haven't seen them already. Also the interactive movie bandersnatch is worth a look.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Just finished The Sopranos for like the 10th time.

Never gets old. Best show that ever was and ever will be. Masterpiece from start to finish. 

One thing that happens to me when I rewatch a show is, I see things that I did not notice on previous viewings. :popcorn:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spacer.png

Season 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xEl_Cidx said:

One thing that happens to me when I rewatch a show is, I see things that I did not notice on previous viewings. :popcorn:

Definitely true with a show like The Sopranos. So many little things you pick up on with the writing and visual messaging that is easily missed unless you watched it multiple times. Just a brilliant show. 

spacer.png

Watching Season 1 at the moment. So far the show is great, I'm fairly gripped to it and I like the characters. Kiefer Sutherland is great as usual. 

The opening scene was probably one of the best I have seen in terms of getting you immediately hooked. Fantastic concept.

Just got done watching the finale of The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. The plan was for this to be a one-and-done, but a 2nd season has not been ruled out nor confirmed. If this is it, I'd say Rick & Michonne get a decent sendoff here.

The CRM has laid their cards on the table. Woodbury, Saviors, Whisperers, Reapers? Hmph. Well, they were scary, but they're nothing next to the CRM. Only the Commonwealth came close. The CRM wants much more than any of these groups ever did. They do have a good intention, but a wrong way of going about it. This way leads them to a desire for conquest... of the nation and world. Now they pull out all the stops and get a really shitty plan (Operation N1W) in motion, so R&M go on a last chance mission to stop them.

Spoiler

"Love doesn't die." TOWL ends on a happy note. Rick & Michonne throw a wrench into the CRM's works, get into a couple of close calls en route, and are soon reunited with Judith and RJ.

spacer.png

I only ever watched a few episodes of Dexter but I really enjoyed it. Netflix UK just added it back to the library so I can finally sit down and watch it properly.

I have heard it isn't as good in the later seasons but I will see how I feel about it when I get there. So far I am loving Season 1, the vibe of it and Michael C. Hall's performance.

Edited by ChilledBrandon

• 2 weeks later...

Binged all eps of the new Fallout series the other day and have to say was very impressed and thought it was fantastic to watch. The lore, setting, attention to detail with various nods to the game (especially the T-60 Power Armour) were done imo exceptionally well and the cast for the characters were superb, Walton Goggins as The Ghoul was just brilliant.

A must watch and I also like how you won't have needed to have played the games to follow it as not alot of it is directly linked to the games.

Very good and no surprised it reviewed as well as it did.