The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

I watched the new episode of Doctor Who the other day and can't believe how woke it was (and shoved in our face) 🙄 I see being transgender as a normal thing because it is, they had a trans character in this episode and that's pretty much what the whole storyline was about, they want it to be seen as a "normal" thing but they go about it the wrong way because it just gets mentioned the whole time which makes it seem "unique" rather then a "normal" thing, for example if you have a trans character in a show you don't really need to mention it so it just becomes the regular thing and people won't hate on it, it's the constant shoving it in peoples faces that winds me up, yes the character is trans but don't need to constantly tell us

I'm all for diversity because it's a good thing but treat it as a "normal" thing rather then making it "different"

hope my post makes sense and doesn't upset anyone

Raid The Cage- Christmas episode

Some of the challenges were renamed for the Christmas theme. Put A Ring On It was 5 Golden Rings.

Spoiler

WOW. This one was epic. Tonight's winners didn't just beat the Cage... they crushed it! They had around $90.000 on Beat the Cage, when it takes $50.000 to win. Grand total for them was $118.688! That's the new record. What helped them was the Lexus ES300, and watches by Tag Heuer & Bulgari.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Floor (Fox) with Rob Lowe

A new game show with 81 players on a 9x9 grid. If you're picked by the randomizer, you choose a neighbor to challenge. Then their category of expertise is used in the "duel". Each player gets their own 45 second timer and takes turns giving answers. It can be naming an A-lister, a dog breed, tools, or filling in the missing word of a book/song title. Your timer ticks until you end your turn with a right guess. You can pass for a 3 sec. penalty. Run out of time and you're leaving, with your territory going to the other player. Win and you can challenge someone else, or get back on the floor. Whoever has the most claimed area at the end of the hour gets the weekly $20.000 bonus. The last player standing at season's end will get $250.000. So far I like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hazbin Hotel - Wikipedia

A really weird concept, but a one that works in the structure of the episodes, the plot, and characters bringing some great moments and being fun every episode, going from 0 to 100, and being a very colorful product with quality and love to details, interaction between characters is great, making you feeling interested in the episodes

For All Mankind on Apple TV+. A story about an alternate timeline of the space program, starting with the first landing on the moon in 1969. Forced myself to watch all 4 season which took me months. Visuals in Space were great but they were only like 5% of the show, the rest was 95% stupid drama between characters that I couldn't build up any sympathy for. Most of the cast annoyed me. Also most of the time everything felt boring. At least a few cool songs were includes, especially at the end of every season. I'm actually a big fan of sci-fi in space but this... really wasn't that entertaining at all. 

Boy swallows universe, I liked the writing in this and the acting also. It was something different compared to all the generic stuff out there these days. Apparently it’s only limited series on Netflix now so it will disappear wherever. 

LB0jLU6.jpeg

I recently finished Scavengers Reign, a sci fi animated show, the story takes place in the aftermath of a ship disaster, it follows 5 crew members stranded on an unexplored planet. It was really good, I especially liked the 1st 2/3rds of the series, as I loved the exploration, and the sense of both wonder and terror as we discover more of this planet, and how truly alien it can be when it comes to its flora and fauna, as it defies human understanding. The ending leaves open the possibility of another season, and I would definitely love to see more of this strange yet beautiful universe.

• Like 2

The Floor

It was down to 34 players at the start of tonight's show. The competition is getting better, with fewer boring lopsided matches (i.e. someone winning with 28 seconds left out of their original 45). I like it more when a match goes down to the wire, with the winner having only 10 seconds left of their time. Most of tonight's winners have had to work for it.

If there's a season 2, they should ban players from passing in their last 3 seconds. While passing is useful early on, it's obviously a "Press X To Lose" in that case.

I just finished watching a series called Prosper, on Stan (streaming service in Australia).

It was pretty good, and I hope it gets picked up for Season 2. It's about a family who run a church, like Hillsong and all the riches, corrruption & hypocrisy that comes with it.

• Like 1

I'm currently re-watching one of my favorite shows of all time, Orphan Black. Everything about this show is absolutely amazing! The characters are well written and well played by their actors, the character development is plausible and believable, the plot is intriguing, it never really gets repetitive and the progress of the plotline and each new thing they find out is exciting enough to always make you want to watch one more episode. 

It definitely was a good investment to buy the whole show in a complete box on DVD. 

I can see myself watching the show again in a few years.