Will there ever be a Crash Team Racing Remastered?

I grew up playing all the Crash PS1 titles when I was a kid, even Crash Bash and loved them all! I'm yet to still play a PS4 racing game that's really grabbed my attention. A remaster of CTR along side the N. Sane Trilogy would be the perfect nostalgic remaster, even if it was a DLC for the Trilogy, or a standalone digital download.

Some ideas come to mind of a remaster of CTR:

- Trophy support

- Extra characters maybe? 

- 8 player online racing  

- 4 player online battle mode

- Online leaderboards for time trials and the quickest time collecting power crystals 

- Online racing tournaments 

- Kart customization (nothing too over the top)

What's your thoughts on a remaster of Crash Team Racing? 

Not as though this sort of thing hasn't happened before.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection for Xbox One... Included Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4. Then got the ODST campaign as DLC.

Ratchet and Clank Trilogy for PlayStation 3... Included Ratchet 1, 2, and 3. Then Gladiator got the HD treatment too.

and etc.

28 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Crash: Tag Team Racing was my favorite PS2 game ever. It would be great if there would come a REMASTERED version of it. I think there will be, fingers crossed! 

Yeah Tag Team Racing was alright. I liked the game, but definitely not as much as Tag Racing, that game is a classic!

20 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

I've been hoping for this as well. If it's a remaster or just a port, I just wanted CTR or Crash Bash to release alongside the remastered trilogy with trophy support and online features.

WE BELIEVE IN YOU, VICARIOUS VISIONS!

Even if it was a port I'd still be over the moon. Both CTR and Bash would be amazing additions to the trilogy!

18 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Not as though this sort of thing hasn't happened before.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection for Xbox One... Included Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4. Then got the ODST campaign as DLC.

Ratchet and Clank Trilogy for PlayStation 3... Included Ratchet 1, 2, and 3. Then Gladiator got the HD treatment too.

and etc.

Now that you mention the Ratchet Gladiator you're right. I remember a few months after buying the Ratchet and Clank HD collection I got an email with a redeem code to get the game for free, and to be fair I never knew the game existed until I had that email!

Edited by SamS7398

I would love a Crash Team Racing remaster. I have it downloaded on my Vita and my PS3 and still play it occasionally. It's stood the test of time and it's still an absolute blast to play. If the N. Sane Trilogy performs well hopefully this will be an option in the future.

I didn't really care much for Crash Bash. It was an okay game. If I remember correctly, it was the first Crash game that Naughty Dog had nothing to do with.

• Like 1

It really depends on how well The N'Sanity trilogy does. If it sells well there will probably be a CTR remake hell I think there will probably be a new game too. 

Given that this game is pretty much just a timed exclusive, I'm expecting it to sell really well on the Switch assuming it does go to the Switch at some point. I suspect we will be getting a lot more Crash in the future and not just a remake of CTR.

• Like 1

I'd love if this ended up happening, but I highly doubt it would. We're lucky enough to get remakes of the first three Crash games. I don't think Team Racing is considered important enough to get a remake tbh. I'm sure they would rather make a new Crash game instead of remaking more old ones. I think it's more likely that we'll see remakes of the first three Spyro games. I'd love to see that as well.

• 2 years later...