Dispute Thread Posting

43 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have a question about the disputes that came up while reading one of the ones currently active...if a person has a glitched trophy in a game and cannot prove it but at the same time no evidence is submitted to prove otherwise, is the flag sustained to avoid implausible time stamps on the leaderboards?...curious as to the response...

2nd question...been meaning to ask...is it true that hiding one game's trophies can remove your entire profile from other trophy tracking sites?...and does this also apply to people who may have stumbled into a lobby with a hacker such as blops 2 or are they just whitelisted?...

The flags remain for people if they cannot prove the scenario that occurred to them, while some people may be a victim of a glitch that wasn't their fault others also hack trophies but still try to say that the game was glitched. It's very unlikely that a glitch occurred and only happened to one person and not other people and I'd say that it is indeed to avoid seeing implausible time stamps for games. It's also a case of if you believe one, you need to believe them all but some people have tried to play off the FUEL hack that unlocks 95% of trophies by saying their console crashed and so on. 

For the second question, PSNTL stops people from participating in any leaderboards except the standard leaderboard if they hide a game from their profile, I'm not sure how Exophase treats hiding trophies though. People who have most of their trophies hacked for them in a modded lobby for COD games still stay flagged because it is not possible for someone to fulfil the trophy requirements legitimately in that way without hacking or having it hacked for you. People like to say that being flagged isn't an indication of cheating, but personally I think some games should be whitelisted however that's a whole other topic. 

3 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have a question about the disputes that came up while reading one of the ones currently active...if a person has a glitched trophy in a game and cannot prove it but at the same time no evidence is submitted to prove otherwise, is the flag sustained to avoid implausible time stamps on the leaderboards?...curious as to the response...

2nd question...been meaning to ask...is it true that hiding one game's trophies can remove your entire profile from other trophy tracking sites?...and does this also apply to people who may have stumbled into a lobby with a hacker such as blops 2 or are they just whitelisted?...

1st question:  I can't undo that flag.  If the Big Boss warrants it legit, I'll unfortunately will have to keep that way.  As far as the GTA V goes, this is the first I've heard about rank.  Said player would have at least been level 100, I'd think :hmm:

2nd question: Apparently, that's the case.  I wouldn't know, though.

17 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

That's why there's a requirement for 3 trophies to be ticked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

That's why there's a requirement for 3 trophies to be ticked.

That is true. Though it doesn’t mean all 3 have to be questionable. Many times reporter just tick one suspicious trophy accompanied with couple more legitimate and the flag is imposed based on only one cheated or glitched trophy.

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

That is true. Though it doesn’t mean all 3 have to be questionable. Many times reporter just tick one suspicious trophy accompanied with couple more legitimate and the flag is imposed based on only one cheated or glitched trophy.

it shouldn't be, those will be unflagged. Glitches happen

• Like 3

On 3-6-2017 at 5:49 PM, dmland12 said:

I feel like it's important to point out that the person that helped provide evidence that Monox18 was lying hadn't played the game in question (or at least it's not on his list).  That was @BillyHorrible. Without his input it's not clear whether that dispute would have went your way.  In any case, he certainly helped as much as anyone in that thread.

That said, I think it's a fine idea to make it clearer whether someone has played a game or not... but it should also be clear that it's possible to contribute without having played the game in question.

On 3-6-2017 at 5:54 PM, Ms Serzilla said:

He did look at it when I had already found Monox18's NextGenUpdate account but throughout the 105 posts of the thread, it was only two people in the entire thread who had played the game and left any comments. I've flagged people for the same reasons in the past and they tried to dispute it through PMs and grimy believed me over them during that, so I'm sure he wasn't going to unflag Monox18 that night. People can do the research to show that the person used CFW, but technical issues such as getting 300 precursor orbs within 15 minutes is something specific to Jak 3 players since they would have used the glitch or played the game and would know exactly how long it took them. The idea of the posts is mainly to avoid seeing people who just believe people blindly without playing the game, since the idea of a dispute thread is to influence the decision of the cheater team members by providing evidence and asking people who have knowledge of the game to come forward. 

At the end of the day, it's always good to know if the person posting in the threads is someone who knows about the game, an opinion of someone who says "I believe you" and has played the game is infinitely more valuable than a person who hasn't played the game but says "I believe you". 

I feel like there's a couple of things that should be remembered here:

1. First of all, I agree with the main feeling that there are a few people in the dispute threads who are being unhelpful. Just wanted to make that clear before I'm starting the rest of my post.
  2. Yes, @Ms Serzilla had played the game while many had not, but the information initially brought to the discussion did not require much knowledge about the game in question. It was not about boss order, or NG+ items before beating NG or anything like that - it was about stats, leaderboard scores. It was enough to raise suspicion but not enough for a real verdict.
  3. The information also did not make it clear if he actually downloaded a save, or if he used a save of his own - which was important because the trophy stamps themselves looked legit. Using your own save is not flaggable if the trophies are not unlocked in an impossible manner.
  4. What was enough to bring the hammer down, was Serzilla finding the NextGenUpdate account. Combined with his two posts there which I found and posted about (which Serzilla had found one of as well at the same time), both of which were about getting CFW to work, right when he was getting back into the game - THAT became damnable evidence.
  5. Note that said posts on NextGenUpdate still did not require any knowledge of the game in question, even though once Serzilla found the account I still decided to check with him about the difficulty of the trophies obtained on and after that date - before those posts were uncovered, proving that he was getting CFW to work exactly when he was playing the game, in my eyes the NGU account and CFW could have still been used for a hypothetical game he played soon afterwards.

Long story short, yes there are people being unhelpful in the dispute threads but I don't think whether or not you have played the game really is the issue here. Also, try to remember there are people like me - I had an X360, and switched to PS4 for the current console generation. I have played a whole bunch of games that are not on my profile, and I'm not the only one.

• Like 4