Platinum Race of Pride: The Sinful Race of Greed - July 2017 ~ July 2018

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Great OP! I am going to make out a little something tomorrow after I get back from the dentist(I will be a bit too numb to eat or do any gaming because they are going to replace my crown, so this will give me a good excuse ;))

Also, very tongue-in-cheek reference, but then again, I did name myself after a crime-solving feline so I deserve every bit of description. :P

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

Good luck to all five

voted tactically by choosing the highest completion ratio

So apologies to Andrea as I have probably ruined your chance of winning as I am dreadful at picking a winner!

Great idea for a race OP and an extremely well crafted set of scoring rules

Great job on the OP Shana! Looking forward to beginning the competition and blowing past everybody's expectations, along with FINALLY finishing some of my UR plats off. Good luck to everyone in the race, especially CJ, cause you'll need it ;).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Is that a challenge to step up to the plate? 1f601.png

I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Oh, and check this out. Probably not a great work compared to others but I wanted to put out the word to others, so here ya go! ;)

July 2018? Thanks for putting the word out. I'll note that in my diary when I get one for next year...

Regardless, I notice you're the favourite to dominate in this race. I'm expecting a strong showing from the 'strange detective.' Don't let me down! xD

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

July 2018? Thanks for putting the word out. I'll note that in my diary when I get one for next year...

Oops. My bad, that's the end date! (deletes video in shame)

Sorry about that, I'll fix that ASAP. :(

EDIT: Here's the edited vid - only change is the first title, it correctly states July 2017. ?

Also, thanks for the support, zajac! ^_^

Edited by MidnightCJ

I usually don't like multiplayer games because getting every trophy in them requires a lot of boosting. But now I am a member of MapleSlavery xD with their new Overdrive update coming up in a few days, and after watching a videomentary about the rise and fall of the following, I decided to make a very serious decision, one I do not make lightly considering that it would mean pay another monthly fee on top of everything else:

1Lcb7178.png

Sadly, I was unable to make this one of my 2x games, but I would have totally replaced Zodiac Age with this.

Yes, I do plan on, in the future, buying and platinuming Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for PS4. It's an MMORPG so anyone who has MMO experience knows how high my chances of ever getting the platinum are. But after getting five characters to Level 150 in MapleSlavery(I do admit that I used Mega Burning to speed the process and the ones I succeeded in doing so didn't require a lot of maintenance) I am willing to take a life-long challenge which doesn't involve personal injury. ;)

If I get this platinum, I am going to have a major advantage as the rarity of this MMO is 3.25%. ? The gauntlet has been thrown down.

I do intend to get this game by mid-July (I need to barter very heavily with my father to get the cash for this) but in exchange I do plan on uninstalling MapleSlavery and Wizard101 launchers from my PC so I won't be tempted to play with them.

4 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

1Lcb7178.png

Yes, I do plan on, in the future, buying and platinuming Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for PS4. It's an MMORPG so anyone who has MMO experience knows how high my chances of ever getting the platinum are. But after getting five characters to Level 150 in MapleSlavery(I do admit that I used Mega Burning to speed the process and the ones I succeeded in doing so didn't require a lot of maintenance) I am willing to take a life-long challenge which doesn't involve personal injury. ;)

If I get this platinum, I am going to have a major advantage as the rarity of this MMO is 3.25%. 1f601.png The gauntlet has been thrown down.

You show em CJ. Your competition won't stand a chance. Looking forward to your inevitable victory. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I usually don't like multiplayer games because getting every trophy in them requires a lot of boosting. But now I am a member of MapleSlavery xD with their new Overdrive update coming up in a few days, and after watching a videomentary about the rise and fall of the following, I decided to make a very serious decision, one I do not make lightly considering that it would mean pay another monthly fee on top of everything else:

1Lcb7178.png

Sadly, I was unable to make this one of my 2x games, but I would have totally replaced Zodiac Age with this.

If I get this platinum, I am going to have a major advantage as the rarity of this MMO is 3.25%. 1f601.png The gauntlet has been thrown down.

I do intend to get this game by mid-July (I need to barter very heavily with my father to get the cash for this) but in exchange I do plan on uninstalling MapleSlavery and Wizard101 launchers from my PC so I won't be tempted to play with them.

Wow I didn't know you had it in you to try to plat FF14, especially since you never finished Dragon Quest Heroes 1. However if you are going for FF14 I have another game I think you can use to win this event, The Guided Fate Paradox. It has a 1.78% rarity and I think the game would be right up your alley.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Andrea said:

Wow, no wonder so many people have picked you to win. With plats like that none of the rest of us stand a chance! I could never platinum a game that rare tbh.

3 hours ago, Kochiya Shana said:

You can swap if you want and the others are ok with it. This is a good move tactically and could very well be what allows you to win with that rarity and if it became a x2 point game that would be a lot of points. I am starting to feel I know why people are choosing you to win now guess I should get serious if I want to at least not come last it seems.

3 hours ago, Ratchet said:

You show em CJ. Your competition won't stand a chance. Looking forward to your inevitable victory. 

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Wow, I know you said you had tricks up your sleeve but this is insane. I could never compete with a plat like that. As @Kochiya Shana said I'm okay with letting you use it as one of your X2 games and I think it would give you a huge advantage. Now I see why you're the fan favorite to win. If you keep pulling out plats like this we won't stand a chance. 

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

Wow I didn't know you had it in you to try to plat FF14, especially since you never finished Dragon Quest Heroes 1. However if you are going for FF14 I have another game I think you can use to win this event, The Guided Fate Paradox. It has a 1.78% rarity and I think the game would be right up your alley.

Guess it's time to pull a Max Kinsella and disappear for a while...

Joking! xD But now I really have to practice what I preach. Thanks for the bending of the rules in this case, Shana-san, I was concerned I'd have to buy two $60 games. Now I can move my playing of The Zodiac Age to a later month, like sometime in Autumn. ;) I still plan on playing that game but my Social Security Check can't take a $120 hit. I did make an agreement to my dad to help him with the San Antonio church quarter to work on a community garden which he helps out with(the garden is for people who want to garden but don't have the space) so I will get some kick-back but even so there is also the matter of having to pay a monthly fee so that would have been at least $150 if I had gotten both games, which is more than even my electric bill. Ouch!

I have so many people expecting so much of me, I am going to clear out my cobwebs this week and get myself ready for July. I have my work cut out for me this year, and if it can motivate my opponents to get serious about trophy hunting, I've done a service to them, and in turn they motivate me to work hard as well. Thanks everyone.

Yes, I am going to swap out FFXII: The Zodiac Age for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn as one of my 2x games, if that is all right.

2 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

especially since you never finished Dragon Quest Heroes 1

Don't give me that stink-eye! I do plan on platinuming DQH as well, but I'll have to make a schedule for it!

3 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

The Guided Fate Paradox

(1) That's on the PS3 which I no longer have. (I know about Playstation Now but I am not going to get a free trial to platinum an RPG)

(2) I tried that game already, cleared the first dungeon, and hated it ever since. That is one horrible mess of a rogue-like game. :(

22 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Don't give me that stink-eye! I do plan on platinuming DQH as well, but I'll have to make a schedule for it!

I let you make the Let's finish thread for that game because I believed in you, but after you made two new accounts and let that thread die I don't know..........

Also if you can't play The Guided Fate Paradox, how about Pier Solar and the Great Architects?

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I let you make the Let's finish thread for that game because I believed in you, but after you made two new accounts and let that thread die I don't know..........

Also if you can't play The Guided Fate Paradox, how about Pier Solar and the Great Architects?

Okay, I was wrong about that. I was also wrong about the Heartless Hunters, which is also pretty much dead. That is why I have since decided never to create another one of those types of threads ever again. It was a phase I went through. This time I will focus entirely on playing the games. As for your suggestion, sure, when I get the money, I'll try to buy Pier Solar and work on it.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's a very impressive and good-looking plat to have, good luck. You may also like Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment. It's a PS4 game that feels a lot like an MMO, but it's actually a singleplayer game with the option to play co-op. The best part is: the online trophies can be done solo :dance: . The PS4 version also has a rarity of 1.59%. I usually hate MMOs, but really enjoyed it.

As I said above, when I am rich enough. I may have to actually apply for a part-time job to pay for all of these games. :|

And thanks for the support, Dragon. You're one of the people I really look up to. Just need to find the official forums and find out how many pesos I am going to be ponying up a month to play online. (Also, will need to tack on $17.50 for a card to pay for a renewal of my PS Plus sub for another three months.)

I will vote for the underdog: Ratchet, Go Ratchet! :dance:

3 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Just need to find the official forums and find out how many pesos I am going to be ponying up a month to play online. (Also, will need to tack on $17.50 for a card to pay for a renewal of my PS Plus sub for another three months.)

You do this after you decided that you want to swap FF 12 against 14 for the 2x-multiplier? :facepalm:

Now I'm curious how long it will take until you want to revert your decision as you can't afford FF14 on the long run.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

Note to self: NEVER say things like "Oh wait, HOW much is it gonna cost to play this?" after you say "Yeah, definitely gonna play this!" That causes people to doubt your confidence. ?

But as Reggie said in the E3 Nintendo Spotlight, "If it's not fun, why bother?" That can apply to these games as well! I do not intend to become a Hakoom and play "garbage" just to get 1000 platinums. In fact, I am happy if I retire from trophy hunting with only 100 platinums, and I want each game I play to be fun. So, even though it may mean I will be literally starving all year because I have no grocery money left, I will platinum FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. :)

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1