This Game Should've Had More DLC

You know as great a game as Arkham City is I feel they could've done more with the DLC. I mean the Catwoman missions were a nice change of pace but they weren't that significant and Harley Quinn's Revenge was very short. They added Nightwing for the challenge maps but couldn't bother to incorporate him into a story mission of sorts, because I'm sure plenty of people would've happily bought something like that.

Are you saying the re-release should have had more DLC, or they should have made more in the day?

Because if it's the former, you'll end up like Bulletstorm and it's re-release's Duke Nukem DLC... with everyone thinking you're a greedy sack of shit, despite the DLC itself actually being alright. 

More Arkham City DLC would've been nice, but I'd imagine that Rocksteady was already hard at work on Arkham Knight and its DLC. The games themselves, to me atleast, were already really fulfilling on their own. So I never dreaded the absence of DLC for these games.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:03 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Are you saying the re-release should have had more DLC, or they should have made more in the day?

Because if it's the former, you'll end up like Bulletstorm and it's re-release's Duke Nukem DLC... with everyone thinking you're a greedy sack of shit, despite the DLC itself actually being alright. 

No I'm talking about the original game of course.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:08 AM, Crazy said:

More Arkham City DLC would've been nice, but I'd imagine that Rocksteady was already hard at work on Arkham Knight and its DLC. The games themselves, to me atleast, were already really fulfilling on their own. So I never dreaded the absence of DLC for these games.

That's very true I just couldn't get enough of these games LOL.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 10:29 AM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

They really should have opted for more story episode themed dlc rather than having to do the challenges all over again with the other characters.

The challenges are annoying and boring enough as it is having to do them twice with batman.  The 100% can whistle, there is no way i can be assed doing the challenges another 6 times with twatwoman, nobin and shitewing.

Agreed, hell naw that 100% ain't worth it.

On 07/08/2017 at 3:29 PM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

They really should have opted for more story episode themed dlc rather than having to do the challenges all over again with the other characters.

The challenges are annoying and boring enough as it is having to do them twice with batman.  The 100% can whistle, there is no way i can be assed doing the challenges another 6 times with twatwoman, nobin and shitewing.

I did go back and do all those challenges with the 3 other characters....

...and it was super fun!

The differences between them made for subtle new challenges with each character, and gave me a greater appreciation for how well designed all those predator maps were - playing as the weaker characters forces you not to rely on one method but to fully learn the maps.

i will freely admit though - its a long and difficult road for a few measly bronze trophies!!

• Like 4

On 21/8/2017 at 4:50 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

...and it was super fun!

The differences between them made for subtle new challenges with each character, and gave me a greater appreciation for how well designed all those predator maps were - playing as the weaker characters forces you not to rely on one method but to fully learn the maps.

i will freely admit though - its a long and difficult road for a few measly bronze trophies!!

Top of the World is awful and badly designed.Possibly the worst predator map in the series.Especially with Catwoman

21 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Top of the World is awful and badly designed.Possibly the worst predator map in the series.Especially with Catwoman

Not sure I agree with you there - that was the one at the top of the circular tower? I liked that one quite a bit

On 21/08/2017 at 2:50 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

...and it was super fun!

Hats off to you for getting em all done!

I just didn't find any enjoyment in finishing them even with batman in the end, not being a fan of stealth too is the reason the game will forever sit at 93%.

Just don't have the motivation to do it with those 3 especially with the lack of gadgets.  Was bad enough with a fully loaded batman lol.

On 26/08/2017 at 10:11 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Hated that map with a passion!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 9:50 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

...and it was super fun!

Same here. I loved doing the challenges again and would gladly take those over the stupid Batmobile races in Arkham Knight. I'm in the process of getting 100% on this game for the second time, and still loving it. 

• 2 months later...

I have done all the DLC's 3 times once on my old account once on PS3 and just done again on PS4 with all characters and have to say I enjoy then apart from 2 and that is that bell end

Robin 

Top of the world (Extreme ) what a fucking ball ache

Natural Selection (Extreme) That 3 people with on exploded wall I would use the same tactic over and over and sometimes it be like yeah I'll work and other times it would be nahhhhhhhhhhhh FUCK YOU 

Other than that amazing 

Just got to finish new game + and that is every single Batman game completed to 100% even that Iceberg Lounge challenge in Arkham Knight which is by far the hardest I have done 

• 1 year later...

Some Nightwing Story DLC would have been nice just to become more familiar with his gadget loadout and steath abilities. I had the hardest time with him on predator challenges especially the (Extreme) ones.  The two Campaign Mode challenges that came with the Robin and Nightwing packs leaves questions like, how did Robin track Blask Mask to the warehouse in the Train Yard and why were there Tyger Guard in Wayne Manor? I liked the way they incorporated the Catwoman DLC pack into the story allowing players to become familiar with her move set and Harley's pack let people get comfortable playing as Robin in confined spaces. I would have loved to be able to use Robin and Nightwing in free roam around the city even in a post credits type scenario. 

On 21/04/2019 at 8:26 PM, closertim said:

Did anyone have troubles using Robin.  I'm finding him slow and prone to being useless.  Other than that I'm finding the DLC good.  Wish there were more trophies.  Playing on the ps3.

Yes, in combat he's the slowest of all characters. But it's nice to play with him for a change, once you get good at the combat challenges you realize that Catwoman and Nightwing are pretty overpowered

On 22/11/2017 at 11:57 AM, SDB--1982 said:

Natural Selection (Extreme) That 3 people with on exploded wall I would use the same tactic over and over and sometimes it be like yeah I'll work and other times it would be nahhhhhhhhhhhh FUCK YOU 

hahahhah the worst objective imo is the one involving blowing up the gel near a gun crate with batman, ridiculously buggy

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The combat challenges is MUCH more easier than Asylum.

But the Predator challenges really ramp up the difficulty higher. Diveboming and letting off a shockwave NEAR two enemies? And the explosive gel one near the gunbox? And both of them was on the same goddamn level, Natural Selection Extreme.

Not looking forward to play that level in Riddler's Campaign.

• 8 months later...