Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX announced for PS4

Sega has announced Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX for PlayStation 4, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

Due out in Japan on November 22, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX is a packaged release that includes the paid downloadable content from the download-only Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, in addition to new elements such as new songs and modules.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/06/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone-dx-announced-ps4

Source 2: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/20135815.html

Update:

The limited edition is called the “Memorial Pack” and includes over 200 song promotional videos and the opening movies of six titles from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva for PSP to Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X for PlayStation 4 on three Blu-ray discs.

The “Special Mini Soundtrack CD” included as a pre-order bonus includes 12 tracks that consist of background music and clear singles from the game.

Development is currently 83.1 percent complete.

Edited by fisty123

Nice! I already own all of the paid content for Future Tone, but this is pretty tempting. I wonder if this new release will include a platinum. If so, that would pretty much seal the deal and I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Even if that's not the case, I've always wanted to own a physical copy of this game, so I'd probably get it anyway.

I wonder if the original Future Tone will receive these new songs and modules. If not, that's pretty shitty. I don't mind double dipping, but I know some people, this would be triple dipping. I can see why they might be annoyed if they're forced to buy this new one so they can have the "ultimate" Miku game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nice! I already own all of the paid content for Future Tone, but this is pretty tempting. I wonder if this new release will include a platinum. If so, that would pretty much seal the deal and I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Even if that's not the case, I've always wanted to own a physical copy of this game, so I'd probably get it anyway.

Given it is the 10th anniversary for Hatsune Miku this year and they said this game with come with some limited edition pre order goodies I may just buy it for the limited edition pack if it includes some 10th anniversary or happy birthday items.

However a new trophy list will also sell it for me.

EDIT: I updated the main post with some of the limited edition goodies that has been posted. There is also a 10th anniversary module and the sketches for this can be viewed on the gematsu link.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheVader66 said:

ohhh thank you for the clarification 

All good, personally It is a lot of songs so you do get value for the money but the trophy list is lacking for trophy hunters.

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

It's a shame they aren't releasing a new game like Diva X, future tone is fun with lots of content but would have like a new game.

Miku's 10th anniversary would normally warrant more but after Diva X the general producer resigned so many predicted a new game would not take place. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let's hope they'll do more with the trophies this time. At least add some that requires you to finish all the songs on hard or something. Or collect all modules/accessories/etc. Just finished the regular Future Tone this morning. It's an awesome game, and I'll definitely keep playing it for a long while, but it's kinda disappointing that I'm already done with the trophies when I feel like I've only finished the introduction pretty much. ?

1 hour ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

Let's hope they'll do more with the trophies this time. At least add some that requires you to finish all the songs on hard or something. Or collect all modules/accessories/etc. Just finished the regular Future Tone this morning. It's an awesome game, and I'll definitely keep playing it for a long while, but it's kinda disappointing that I'm already done with the trophies when I feel like I've only finished the introduction pretty much. 1f61b.png

I won't be surprised if it shares the same trophy list

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I want some advice about this game... I'm currently playing Project Diva X and wanted to buy this game later (waiting for a sale since it's only digital), but now that the DX Japanese version will be released maybe it's better to buy this version with all the songs/DLC's, maybe it's only on japanese but since the trophies doesn't need any friendship, items, mini-games or similar maybe with just knowing the menus it's enough to get the trophies (and hoping for a plat). So, should I wait for this version or it's better to buy the localized one just for the language barrier?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Hi guys, I want some advice about this game... I'm currently playing Project Diva X and wanted to buy this game later (waiting for a sale since it's only digital), but now that the DX Japanese version will be released maybe it's better to buy this version with all the songs/DLC's, maybe it's only on japanese but since the trophies doesn't need any friendship, items, mini-games or similar maybe with just knowing the menus it's enough to get the trophies (and hoping for a plat). So, should I wait for this version or it's better to buy the localized one just for the language barrier?

Thanks!

Having played both the original Japanese and then the English release, I can tell you that if the trophy list is the same or stays the same there will be no issues playing the Japanese version.
Selecting modules and going through the little menus available is rather easy. If you wish to change the controller settings it may require a little Japanese getting to the menu but there are many people on here that could give you a hand with that if needed.

9 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I'm hoping it now gets a real trophy list (with a Plat). I didn't buy Future Tone mainly because it was digital only, but not having a Plat cemented my decision.

Still, I think it will just share the list that is already out.

I have this pre-order another trophy list would be nice, Given this version will have all the songs on one disk and not require you to buy two DLC song packs it might be possible to see another list.

9 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Thanks!

Just to second Fisty, (sorry I had To laugh then), no problems with the JP version if you can't read JP. Very straightforward. It's fun but for the price (the JP digital one was quite pricey ) I don't really think it's really worth iT, especially compared to Diva X.

if you like your rhythm games would recommend trying MUSYNC, (physical release later this year ?) fraction of the price and same idea without Hatsune though ?.

3 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Having played both the original Japanese and then the English release, I can tell you that if the trophy list is the same or stays the same there will be no issues playing the Japanese version.
Selecting modules and going through the little menus available is rather easy. If you wish to change the controller settings it may require a little Japanese getting to the menu but there are many people on here that could give you a hand with that if needed.

I have this pre-order another trophy list would be nice, Given this version will have all the songs on one disk and not require you to buy two DLC song packs it might be possible to see another list.

Thanks, I think that there was a post in this forums explaining the controller layout in japanese... And even if the trophy list is the same I have no problems because I haven't played it yet n_n.

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

Just to second Fisty, (sorry I had To laugh then), no problems with the JP version if you can't read JP. Very straightforward. It's fun but for the price (the JP digital one was quite pricey ) I don't really think it's really worth iT, especially compared to Diva X.

if you like your rhythm games would recommend trying MUSYNC, (physical release later this year ?) fraction of the price and same idea without Hatsune though ?.

mmmm, I think that this physical release is still cheaper that buying everything (including the season pass) in the US store...

Thanks for the info about MUSYNC, but it will be released on console?

3 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Well, with the physical release on Japan of Senran Kagura Bon Appetit there was a little change in the trophy list, the original digital version has a DLC with extra trophies (but already had a plat) and the physical version added the DLC trophies to the main list (So, they changed some silver trophies to bronze). If they did something similar to this then maybe they will had to add a plat because the number of trophies is too big for a normal PSN release...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Thanks, I think that there was a post in this forums explaining the controller layout in japanese... And even if the trophy list is the same I have no problems because I haven't played it yet n_n.

mmmm, I think that this physical release is still cheaper that buying everything (including the season pass) in the US store...

Thanks for the info about MUSYNC, but it will be released on console?

You are probably right, it is an expensive game for what is essentially a compilation. Still the graphics do look very good and the songs are great. 

I am not sure a physical release for MUSYNC has been confirmed but it is available on the Hong Kong Store in English. No mini games, shopping gifts etc but plenty of songs. Difficulty is substantially harder than Hatsune, more in line with DjMax Respect but at least a little more friendly at the start.

7 hours ago, CjShai said:

You are probably right, it is an expensive game for what is essentially a compilation. Still the graphics do look very good and the songs are great. 

I am not sure a physical release for MUSYNC has been confirmed but it is available on the Hong Kong Store in English. No mini games, shopping gifts etc but plenty of songs. Difficulty is substantially harder than Hatsune, more in line with DjMax Respect but at least a little more friendly at the start.

Yeah, to get everything in the store you need the bundle, unlock key and season pass (And counting with the last DLC to be free) and it will net 91.97 US, in the other hand you can get the DX retail version for 7050 yen aprox (62.75 US with today exchange rate), so even with shipping I think that it's a better option and you get the retail version... The only problem that worried me was the japanese only in game but it seems that the game is pretty straightforward =)

MUSYNC looks pretty nice, I would like in on Vita but I'd need a retail release =(

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Haha, nice. It looks like I'm gonna have to rebuy it now. :P

Looking at the list it does not seem to hard a couple of this could be interesting trophies and  "SURVIVAL COURSE" mode could be interesting.
Either way glad I pre-ordered one of the many limited editions this game had :D

Edited by fisty123

3 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Looking at the list it does not seem to hard, "SURVIVAL COURSE" mode could be interesting.
Either way glad I pre-ordered one of the many limited editions this game had :D

Nice. I would get the limited edition too, but it would probably cost a fortune to import that. It would be nice if they released it physically in the west, but I doubt it, at least for Europe. I'll probably just import the standard edition from Japan.