So I got a PS4

Shakilrahman96

Just as the title suggests I've finally gotten around to getting a PS4. Based on my trophy list what games would you all recommend? Should be noted that I'll play absolutely anything despite what the weeaboo trash on my page my suggest ;) 

I don't really mind difficulty but preferably something with little to no online trophies as I live in the Irish countryside where internet speed varies from 3kb/s to 100kb/s max. (Downloads are nearby painful or impossible which is ironic considering 99% of my purchases are digital). So peeps! Any recommendations? I honestly do not know where to start.

• Like 1

So after checking out your trophy list, you seem to like Japanese games. I would then definitely recommend these:

- Persona 5

- Yakuza 0 (and also Yakuza Kiwami that comes out on 8/29)

But overall you seem to have pretty diverse tastes, so I would also say Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Walking Dead: Telltale games, Fallout 4

Those have no online trophies whatsoever, and I think they are really good games

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I recommend (copy-pasted from my played through list):

There's tons of different genres in here so there's bound to be something you like.

I recommend (copy-pasted from Wikipedia list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

There's tonnes of different genres in here, so there's bound to be something you like. :P

I'm mostly here to offer my sorrows over your internet OP, holy shit that's tragic. Please tell me you pay 3 cents a month for that shit or something at least?

Also the Crash remaster dropped last night and it's dope, I'd recommend that to everyone to be honest.

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I recommend (copy-pasted from Wikipedia list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

There's tonnes of different genres in here, so there's bound to be something you like. :P

Yeah, fuck you too, buddy ?

At least I actually played all the games on my list...

5 hours ago, Johnny_Rancid said:

Nier: Automata; Gravity Rush; Transistor; Bastion and The Nathan Drake Collection. If you still have access to it give Ni No Kuni another try!

I am planning to get back to Ni No Kuni after I finish up on Earth Defense Force 2025! Kinda hooked on it a the moment but I'll definitely get back into it! I was enjoying it a lot. Also all those games you've suggested are great! considering I have had a keen interest to try just about all of them! lol cheers man

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I recommend (copy-pasted from my played through list):

Sc73632.pngSab1941.pngSc60d32.pngS6b0e64.pngS9f343c.pngS9aaf2a.pngS06d3cf.pngS0d76fb.pngS75ab4d.pngSa7b233.pngS0f0efa.pngS1033f9.pngpEmwMNT.pngS31b1f9.pngS686730.pngS387884.pngSe50b9f.pngS5915a0.pngxMDBsdy.pngSb73233.pngSf2849d.pngS489bf9.pngS50ff88.pngQ8YUF2v.pngS894b49.pngSdacd42.pngSfc357b.pngS684396.pngSa24e69.pngSc44001.pngS9df1da.pngS78c3be.pngSe039c8.pngScc16dc.pngS398d69.pngS735487.pngS969bdc.pngS909328.pngS5a98de.pngS236ad3.pngS148dc0.pngS2102ba.pngS45fc98.pngS7ebc7f.pngSc1e63c.pngS69b4f4.pngS59313c.pngS6344af.pngS359338.pngS7e82f1.pngS50bc72.pngSa06912.pngSd6493b.pngSb84bd4.pngS35d268.pngS9e09bf.pngS7d1b26.pngS08c04e.pngScbb014.png1xQ6Ae8.pngSeb62a0.pngS0ba277.pngS0b6750.pngS108bf6.pngS549d41.pngS09a0ea.pngS208a7f.pngS37ccd5.pngSe25c7e.pngS35887a.pngS7a3aee.pngS41d593.pngSe7d099.pngSd4ad83.pngS0de3be.pngS5f742a.pngS7f8330.pngSafcb9d.pngS691180.pngS83ea5d.pngS352d15.pngS611100.png

There's tons of different genres in here so there's bound to be something you like.

Definitely a diverse selection there :P  I see a lot of games I'd be keen to try there. Thanks for that!

14 hours ago, Tora Chan said:

So after checking out your trophy list, you seem to like Japanese games. I would then definitely recommend these:

- Persona 5

- Yakuza 0 (and also Yakuza Kiwami that comes out on 8/29)

But overall you seem to have pretty diverse tastes, so I would also say Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Walking Dead: Telltale games, Fallout 4

Those have no online trophies whatsoever, and I think they are really good games

I've yet to play a persona game, are they any good? 

Ah yes! the witcher 3! that's a game I've been meaning to play. And platting DA:I again would be a fun and welcoming challenge :D  

14 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Final Fantasy XV, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Persona 5 are good starts.

Yes!!! Wolfenstein! thanks for reminding me of that! I have been meaning to play that.

14 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Enjoy your new system.  The PS4 is wonderful.

I would suggest Batman Arkham Knight, Final Fantasy XV, and Trine 3.

Yes yes and yes!

14 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Based on your other Batman plats I would highly recommend Batman: Arkham Knight. One big game plus 36 DLCs adding up to 110 trophies will keep you busy for some time. And those Community Challenges, they will absolutely test your skills!

Arkham Knight is one I've VERY excited to play considering how much I loved all the other arkham games. And I love a good challenge! ;)  I originally sucked cock at the Arkham games, gave up on Origins but went back to it and decided to try a little and ended up becoming insanely good at them all. Been a good year and a bit since I've touched an Arkham game though.. It'll take a good bit of practice to get back to the level I was at! But a challenge is always welcoming  

• Like 4

For easy enough yet trophies, although some may take a while

FFXV

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

NieR:Automata

Atelier sophie and Atelier firis

Danganronpa games

Life is strange

Other great games which are harder in terms of trophies, but fun to play.

Disgaea 5

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 and KH2.8

• Like 1

• Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • DriveClub
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • LEGO Batman 3
  • Battlefield 1
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
  • Resident Evil Origins Collection
  • Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, 7
  • The Evil Within
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Yakuza 0
  • NieR: Automata
  • Persona 5
  • Tekken 7
  • Bloodborne
  • Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  • Dark Souls III
  • Nioh
  • Killzone: Shadowfall
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Life is Strange
Edited by Star Butterfly

On 7/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, AlchemistWer said:

I see you played a Neptunia game, so I would  highly recommend Neptunia VII, also games like Nier Automata and Persona 5 are jewel. You can try with Final Fantasy XV too.

Ah yes! I did enjoy the Neptunia games for quite some time. I really enjoyed the original trilogy on the PS3, everything after that just felt like a cash grab to me and I've had little to no interest in returning to the series because of it. For example; I thought Arfoire was a great villain in the original game on the PS3 but she just became sort of comical and weak later in the series. I also feel like the fan service that was previously present has exploded into gross proportions that are far too heavy for my tastes. I find fan service tolerable but I do have a limit. Nevertheless I'll give it a try! It comes after Victory in terms of the Timeline right? 
Also, I plan on playing those other recommendations eventually too!

On 7/1/2017 at 8:55 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

For easy enough yet trophies, although some may take a while

FFXV

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

NieR:Automata

Atelier sophie and Atelier firis

Danganronpa games

Life is strange

Other great games which are harder in terms of trophies, but fun to play.

Disgaea 5

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 and KH2.8

FFXV and Persona seem to be key recommendations, wasn't going to get into the Persona series but I suppose I'll give it a stab. Can they be played in any particular order? (sort of like FF) or is it important/good to know the previous games? If so, I'd need to complete the previous 4 before I got to it.
Life is Strange shall be played! enjoyed! and platted next time I get a decent place to set up shop with fairly decent DL speed. The Danganronpa games annoy me for some reason but I think its because I watched the shitty anime and its put me off the entire thing but I suppose not giving it a chance wouldn't be fair!

The Disgaea series appeals to me, been meaning to try those.  I'll probably play and plat. the crash trilogy when it drops price (€40 is a lot for a game I already have access to). Glad it got a remaster though! Here's hoping Crash Twinsanity gets one. Beautiful game!

I platinumed 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS3, I'll probably do it again but that wouldn't be until ages later, I've no interest in playing over them again when there are so many other good games to experience. But considering how much I enjoy them; its inevitable....

On 7/2/2017 at 0:32 AM, minacher said:

Haunting Ground

Resident evil outbreak

Death by degrees

Tekken 5

Bloodrayne

Please! 1f60a.png

I haven't looked into any of these games but I'm all for trying new genres, styles and games! So I'll definitely give this consideration. Thanks for the peculiar input!

16 hours ago, Maerlynmoah said:

I think you'd enjoy NERO Nothing ever remains obscure. Really loved that game! It's easy but the story is amazing. Doesn't get enough credit imo :)

Haven't heard of it but I just gave it a quick look and it has a rather beautiful art style. People probably bitch about it considering its a relatively common/easy platinum. I'm all about a good story and creative narrative though. It's now on my list!

16 hours ago, Star Butterfly said:
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • DriveClub
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • LEGO Batman 3
  • Battlefield 1
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
  • Resident Evil Origins Collection
  • Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, 7
  • The Evil Within
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Yakuza 0
  • NieR: Automata
  • Persona 5
  • Tekken 7
  • Bloodborne
  • Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  • Dark Souls III
  • Nioh
  • Killzone: Shadowfall
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Life is Strange

My girlfriend recommended the Uncharted Series so i'll definitely give them a go.

Ooooo lego games! Used to be a big fan of those back in the day of the PS2, only thing is they're always rather expensive... I'll have to wait for a mass cheap lego sale to get into them!

Dark Souls is on the PS4 now? interesting... I'll give them a go! Have to see what all the bitching over difficulty is about anyways! Watched my best friend play it on the 360 and he sucked at it... he made it look hard but when I was telling him what to do he was able to some-what apply it and got by with it. Never touched it myself but regardless it looks interesting. Just a little clunky and awkward looking in terms of controls.

Nioh and Horizon look sick!!! I'm definitely trying them out some time!

Ah good O'l Senran Kagura... easily to hide on the Vita, not sure how I'd explain myself if somebody was to walk into my room and saw ANIMAY TIDDIES plastered across 51 inches... yikes!

Just had a quick glance at your profile and I recommend these games.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy : You have Sly and Jak listed so why not try your hand at an even bigger challenge and complete these games. You get 3 games in 1 for the budget price of €40.

Batman: Arkham Knight : Already suggested but it does complete the series. Get 100% in this one and you will have my eternal respect.

Watch Dogs 2 : I never miss an opportunity to recommend this game to somebody. One of the best games I played in the last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Just had a quick glance at your profile and I recommend these games.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy : You have Sly and Jak listed so why not try your hand at an even bigger challenge and complete these games. You get 3 games in 1 for the budget price of €40.

Batman: Arkham Knight : Already suggested but it does complete the series. Get 100% in this one and you will have my eternal respect.

Watch Dogs 2 : I never miss an opportunity to recommend this game to somebody. One of the best games I played in the last year.

And Rachet and Clank! although I really grew out of that since the "future series" nonsense. Haven't enjoyed a R+C game since Gladiator/Deadlocked or whatever its called. Its a fair price especially considering it was remade, I respect that. I probably will buy it at the end of this month when I get my next pay cheque!

I will definitely get Arkham Knight! Super hyped for it as it is! Although all those DLCs are going to bankrupt me :') is there any season pass that gives all the DLC for Knight for a decent price? Guess I'll have to gain your eternal respect ASAP so! ;) 

Really? I'll have to give it a try. What genre is it? :)  

EDIT: Oh shit! you're from Ireland! cool man! whereabouts?!? :D 

Edited by Shakilrahman96
omitted info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shakilrahman96 said:

And Rachet and Clank! although I really grew out of that since the "future series" nonsense. Haven't enjoyed a R+C game since Gladiator/Deadlocked or whatever its called. Its a fair price especially considering it was remade, I respect that. I probably will buy it at the end of this month when I get my next pay cheque!

I will definitely get Arkham Knight! Super hyped for it as it is! Although all those DLCs are going to bankrupt me :') is there any season pass that gives all the DLC for Knight for a decent price? Guess I'll have to gain your eternal respect ASAP so! ;) 

Really? I'll have to give it a try. What genre is it? :)  

Was never a real fan of the R+C series tbh. I bought the first ever game on PS2 and just didn't enjoy it at all. You could also try Snake Pass and Yooka-Laylee is you like your 3D platformers.

Every now and again there is a sale on the PSN store for the Arkham Knight season pass. If I were you I would wait for that. Heck, it is probably on sale right now. You should check that out. Alternatively, you can buy the GotY edition n Amazon for about £20. It is basically just the standard game but it comes with a code for the season pass. That is the one I have.

Honestly, WD2 is probably not your thing. It is basically an open world game like GTA but with hacking. As I said though, I never miss an opportunity to recommend the game to somebody ?

3 hours ago, Shakilrahman96 said:

It comes after Victory in terms of the Timeline right? 

Yeah, and well... You know Netunia is a fan service game but VII look amazing and this year we will can play goddess online so you can try two neptunia games in your new PS4 . Also you can try Atelier Sophie and Firis, forget what the people say about they, both of them are amazing Atelier