I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Wade_VC

The more I play Ghostbusters, the more I like it.

Interesting, if goofy, storyline, exceptional game play and just a good "something different" type of game. If anyone else has this game and is interested in some online play, drop me a line and let me know, I'd love to hook up with ya'.

ghostbusters-video-game.jpg

You're right Wade it is a great game. I have been trying to do the MP trophies for a while now and have sort of given up on it but if you do want to have a crack at Gozers most wanted then send me a FR and i'll get back on it with ya.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you Wade I was very surprised at how good this game was and enjoyed it alot, unfortuneatly I online servers are a bitch.

Ive only got Gozers Most Wanted and collecting all the most wanted ghosts left but I took a break from it a while ago

Thinking about picking it back up soon

• 2 weeks later...

It's an awesome game, and being a long time ghostbusters fan makes it even better. Shame about the servers though, and a word of advise is to ALWAYS wait for your stats to upload on the server before starting a new match. They have a tendency to overwrite your previous match progress if you don't.

Its a great game. Its one of the games I really wanted to plat but the damn muti player trophys broke me. Maybe ill throw it in again and try to get it.

I think there are a few here (myself included), who would love to find a few others to hook-up with online.

I'm game for some Busting of the Ghosts, it took me a while but I finally managed to track down a copy for the PS3. :yay:

I already have the plat :holy: so I'll help out those who also curse online, (it's fun but those servers :shakefist: )

I'm available most of the time in the night (8PM-11PM) and weekends I'm mostly free all day.

But you guys are going to have to forgive me, it's been a few years since I've played this game. I'm going to take a quick single player game before I hop online. ;)

Respect to you Jason on the Plat. I've put about 30hrs in online and it's annoying the hell out of me. For Gozers I've completed all slime dunk, protection and thief jobs as well as 1 containment.

I'm good at it but just can't get through survival, destruction or containment. I've tried 2,3 and 4 player but keep failing and it's sooo annoying.

Respect to you Jason on the Plat. I've put about 30hrs in online and it's annoying the hell out of me. For Gozers I've completed all slime dunk, protection and thief jobs as well as 1 containment.

I'm good at it but just can't get through survival, destruction or containment. I've tried 2,3 and 4 player but keep failing and it's sooo annoying.

Thank you Navvy, back in the day's of my bustin' I was pretty good at destruction since those crystals mostly spawn in the same place, the only thing I have trouble with is survival, usually got to round 6-9 before a little flub up and we were all downed.

From what I remember the Slime Tether is perfect for catching ghosts since it has a rubber band effect, stick your trap stick your ghost instant catch.

I might be able to join you fellows possibly on Thursday the earliest, and Sunday being the latest but I will help out. :lol:

Few tips (you might already know them, but I'll just say in case it's useful anyway, to you or anyone else)

As Jason says, start with slime tether for containment, it's a MUST.

- Sometimes if you are getting overwhelmed, don't bother going for tether dunk, just tether them to a wall or ground (near traps is good). They get instantly reduced to 1 block of health and stunned, easy to capture. You can tether two ghosts together to get them stunned at the same time.

- I also recommend putting the traps TOGETHER, so it increases the chances of tether dunking and it's quicker to reach friends to revive.

Destruction can be done with 2 players, but the library level must be done with 3 or 4 because the artifacts spawn in annoying locations on the map which makes it very difficult for two people.

- Start with the stasis stream, get up close to an artifact and blast them with 1 shot. If they aren't destroyed, use the proton stream to finish it off. Stasis ammo is a valuable commodity.

- If you have meson collider, use it for distant artifacts. Alternate fire can take one down in two shots from across the map. Also a good substitute if you don't have any stasis ammo.

Survival, I recommend going with stasis stream or slime depending on what level you start. There is no timer on this, so as the name suggests, the main goal is to survive. Meson collider alt. fire works super good on the 1 ohko crab things and similar ghosts.

General tips:

# of players -

Either play with 2 or 4 players only (preferably 2 - less ghosts) because playing with 3 people makes the game spawn ghosts for for 4 players, but you'll be undergunned. Not impossible, but makes it harder for 3 and less room for error.

Reviving teammates -

- If your friend(s) get knocked down don't blindly charge in to revive them unless you are not being attacked by large/multiple ghosts.

- Lure ghosts away first before trying to revive. If a friend is too far away and it's too much trouble to revive him, focus on staying alive and kiting enemies, killing them if you have the opportunity. After some time teammates get revived automatically.

Ammo/upgrades -

Conserve ammo where you can, don't go for overkill. Don't pick up bonuses if you don't need them. Wait until you will actually need them before picking up, UNLESS you want to spawn a different bonus instead. For example in containment maps, you need a lot of slime, so if slime isn't spawning collect other bonuses to force slime ammo to spawn.

• Like 3

Thanks Aipher thats a good wedge of info so thanks for taking the time.

I sort of figured out alot of it with the hours I've put in. It still is mega hard, I managed to clear 1 containment map in the last week and using the slime dunk technique with two players so we get the lower completion goal of 15 ghosts.

I played for about 2 hours with another player whose gone through the whole mp with me, I was finding the slime tethers were glitching badly and some ghosts had 3 tethers on them without it snapping them into the trap, they were just floating round with them attached. Not just long range either some shot virtually point blank and still no joy.

Between that and the whole having to wait for the servers to update for upto 5 mins between matches when you do manage to clear an area or catch a most wanted i'm worn out with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Figured I would add another "tip" here as I've been playing this for a few days now, haha.

You can continuously play maps but, the key is to alternate between Ranked and Unranked. Your MP stats will update while you are playing the Unranked match. Granted the Unranked matches don't seem to count toward the trophies but, they do offer the experience and fun factors.