Sundered trophy list & game thoughts

NaseemJohn

Kept my eye on this one for awhile now as it seems like it's going to be a great game. Trophy list seems pretty simple and straightforward but it all depends on how difficult the actual game is. Anyone else looking forward to this game? thoughts on the trophy list?

5 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Anyone else looking forward to this game?

Here me! I backed the Kickstarter and can't wait for the release, even if the overall setting ain't my cup of tea normally (I'm not really into any horror-style).

But I'm curious to see how procedural levels will feel like in a Metroidvania-like game.

5 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

thoughts on the trophy list?

It looks like less difficult than the trophylist for Jotun. Overall the list looks straightforward, although I wonder if any of the trophies is tied to "keep your sanity" aka good run. Doesn't look like that although the devs said they wanted to make that run more rewarding. :hmm:

Only Hoarder seems to be some kind of grind, depending on how many shards you can gain and if it's cumulative or not.

18 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I was interested in this right up until I read the comment above talking about procedurally generated levels 1f614.png

Turns into a game I'll maybe get to one day if the trophies aren't hard. I hate pro-gen so much. Just design a good game!

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:

I hear the world is different only everytime you play a new game, not on every dead or anything. Is not like Rogue Lecacy for example. World is fix when you start a game 

I just looked it up on the Kickstarter and it says the following:

When we announced Sundered, many players argued that a Metroidvania could not be procedural. We respectfully disagree. Though the overall structure of the world is set in stone, sub-sections (the green and grey squares on the map below) are procedurally generated every time you die. This allows us to make design choices which are core to a Metroidvania experience, like backtracking and unlocking new abilities that unlock new sub-sections, while keeping the experience fresh.

The structure of the world stays the same. Purple, red and blue rooms are always there.
The structure of the world stays the same. Purple, red and blue rooms are always there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thunderlotus/sundered-a-horrifying-fight-for-survival-and-sanit

So a few fixed locations but the way to those locations changes every time you die.

Edited by Crimson Idol

I am also a little disappointed that the game is procedurally generated, but as a metroidvania fiend I will pick it up day 1. I don't think a good metroidvania has come out since forma.8. 

Trophy list looks simple enough, I wonder if the game is as short as jotun. Also, I am surprised at the list, it looks like only one playthrough is necessary even though it's been confirmed the game has multiple endings.

Edited by NashtyMouse

On 7/19/2017 at 0:06 PM, Crimson Idol said:

I just looked it up on the Kickstarter and it says the following:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thunderlotus/sundered-a-horrifying-fight-for-survival-and-sanit

So a few fixed locations but the way to those locations changes every time you die.

Thanks for clarification. Still doesn't change my point of view, though. Still most of the world changes all the time. I don't want that. I want to be able to get across the map (backtracking is a core mechanic of MV games after all) quickly, not have to figure it out again each time I die. 

Oh well, their loss. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 10:15 PM, NashtyMouse said:

I am also a little disappointed that the game is procedurally generated, but as a metroidvania fiend I will pick it up day 1. I don't think a good metroidvania has come out since forma.8. 

Trophy list looks simple enough, I wonder if the game is as short as jotun. Also, I am surprised at the list, it looks like only one playthrough is necessary even though it's been confirmed the game has multiple endings.

Did you play Axiom Verge?! That is a great metroidvania game. Try it!

• 7 months later...

So, in hindsight, this game sucks. The procedural generation is exactly as people feared - it makes the world dull and lifeless. But the real kicker is the "horde" crap. Also, the bosses are remarkably uninspiring. They look really cool, and the music is great, and you think something really nice is happening, but at the end of the day, it's just another flippin' horde. The humanity boss is probably the most annoying boss I've fought in a decade.

Comparing this to a game like Axiom Verge is just laughable. Thunder Lotus showed a lot of potential with Jotun, but this game feels like it was mailed in, in a remarkably nice graphical package, but with little care for the contents within.

• 4 months later...

played the game. loved the game. platinumd the game.

I think the developers did a great job with this title. I am no fan of procedurally generated levels but it was done perfectly here. the map is pretty much static except that going from the right door to the left door of the room might be a little different each time you die. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the big Finisher update they released about a month ago?  They said they rebalanced some things, sped up loading times, etc.  I was curious how this new update affected the game, as I haven't started it yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 1:57 AM, NathanDarko said:

Hey guys, short question. Is the difficulty relevant for the platinum? I started on normal. Is the platinum obtainable in this mode? 

Cheers Nate

Going through the game currently myself.  Nope, you can thankfully keep it on normal and not lose out on the platinum.  It's offset though by doing your best to not corrupt or destroy the elder shards, so you're purposely nerfing your potential until the final boss (back up save with 7 shards, then destroy or corrupt all and do opposite upon reload) to avoid a second playthrough.

• Like 1

Just now, KyonKuchiki said:

Going through the game currently myself.  Nope, you can thankfully keep it on normal and not lose out on the platinum.  It's offset though by doing your best to not corrupt or destroy the elder shards, so you're purposely nerfing your potential until the final boss (back up save with 7 shards, then destroy or corrupt all and do opposite upon reload) to avoid a second playthrough.

Thank you for your answer, pal :)  good luck on your platinum run!

• Like 1