Dead Space 3 Will Be An Ultra Rare Platinum

Vilebear

Yeah It sucks but really I play the game first then try to get trophies! I was close to 100% on part 2 and I believe I could do it now just 4 trophies to get but I have to many stuff going on right now! Plus dead space 3 is coming out lol Just sad cause I really thought I could get it easy this time around ... But who knows I may get it! I believe with a partner it will be easy :)

this does not change my opinion what so ever i have never picked up a Dead Space game with the intent of getting the :platinum: i only pick the game up for the sole purpose of seeing where the story goes and enjoying the experience. I never played the hardcore mode and only played through both games once i will still pick this game up but not for a little bit since i have a huge back log i need to complete so hopefully once i get around to getting this game the price will have dropped on it

• Like 1

Definitely going to plat this with my fixed coop mate. Only took 6 tries in DS2 for hardcore so i won't think this will keep me from platinum. Will be tough, but doable... plus i like challenges like that. And to be one of few players having plat in all 3 DS games is even more awesome then. :D

• Like 1

My question is if there are actually trophies for each mode you listed?

Edit: Crap there is...... :(http://www.xbox360ac...3/achievements/

I think this is a stupid decision. I certainly won't be getting this game even if I wanted to. The PS4 is coming out either this year of next.....I have trophy goals and I am rushing to get them done. I'm looking for easier platinums and faster ones at that. Also think of all the people that won't get this game just because of the difficulty of the platinum. I'm sure there will be some that buy it because it IS so difficult and others just because they love Dead Space.

I'm just saying this game has to sell 5 million copies for them to make a fourth entry, and I think they would have seen alot more sales if they would have made this platinum easier as in one playthrough easier. I hope this does not come back to bite them, but I don't see them selling 5 million copies.

Oh, wow. Hey man, I don't mean to be a dick or something, but some difficulty trophies shouldn't turn you off or stop you from more than likely missing out on a great experience. Also, what I personally think is much more "cooler" for a trophy pile is seeing possible Ultra Rares like Dead Space 3 pop up instead of the likes of Hannah Montana, Battleship, etc. What if the PS4 doesn't come out next year? What if trophies aren't even on the next system and they go retro with just playing a game that you simply enjoy? You'll look at your PS3 trophy collection in shame since you've missed some great titles while whoring a few bad ones.

Saying all of that, I personally do not want this title to be supported in any way, shape, or motherfucking form since the developers here have basically just told the fans to kiss their asses. I'm infuriated with this title, it's not even funny. I could write a top 10 reasons list of why this game will suck and that wouldn't conclude even a quarter of the problems that enrage me. The ONLY reason I'm picking this steaming pile is to play with a good friend of mine and nothing more. I'll platinum this game and everything, but this is the final new Dead Space entry I'm buying again.

I could possibly be wrong though, this game could turn out to be a good game. Either the marketing team is just pure shit or I wasn't in the greatest of moods while I was playing the demo, however I wouldn't believe option 2 since I was playing it with a friend laughing the entire time with him. So...

I could possibly be wrong though, this game could turn out to be a good game. Either the marketing team is just pure shit or I wasn't in the greatest of moods while I was playing the demo, however I wouldn't believe option 2 since I was playing it with a friend laughing the entire time with him. So...

If it turned out dead space 3 was game of the year, and the marketing team was just horrible....I would not stop laughing for a solid 20 minutes. My graphic designs class could advertise this better! And we do nothing but make T-shirts

I hope that the game industry never falls into the mentality that we need to make our games and our platinums easy so they sell more copies. It will be a sad day when all the big games end up with under 10 hour platinums. There are already enough of those. They can't take a game series like Dead Space that had the beautiful Hardcore mode, and make it a one play through easy game. That would certainly lose me as a fan of the series, and I doubt I am alone on that.

Thank you, is all I can say. Trophies shouldn't factor into whether or not you wanted a game, etc. Games like Far Cry 3 have relatively easy plats and since I've earned the plat, I've kept on playing, trying to nab the 100% in-game because I enjoyed the hell out of it. Saying that, I'm glad they're are games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution where the plat actually offers various ways of playing the game that I thought wasn't possible. One term that gets to me is "Gamer", seriously, what is a "Gamer"? I sure as shit know it's not someone milking the hell out of Disney games albeit if they play other games though like Hitman, Dishonored, etc.

This generation of gamers sure as hell infuriates me. I'm 15 and am able to decide on my own which game I truly want because the sake of actually wanting to play it without worrying about the list whereas someone who's 25 that picks out games where it's short 'n sweet, no real challenge. I don't know anymore, I really don't.

• Like 1

Oh, wow. Hey man, I don't mean to be a dick or something, but some difficulty trophies shouldn't turn you off or stop you from more than likely missing out on a great experience. Also, what I personally think is much more "cooler" for a trophy pile is seeing possible Ultra Rares like Dead Space 3 pop up instead of the likes of Hannah Montana, Battleship, etc. What if the PS4 doesn't come out next year? What if trophies aren't even on the next system and they go retro with just playing a game that you simply enjoy? You'll look at your PS3 trophy collection in shame since you've missed some great titles while whoring a few bad ones.

Saying all of that, I personally do not want this title to be supported in any way, shape, or motherfucking form since the developers here have basically just told the fans to kiss their asses. I'm infuriated with this title, it's not even funny. I could write a top 10 reasons list of why this game will suck and that wouldn't conclude even a quarter of the problems that enrage me. The ONLY reason I'm picking this steaming pile is to play with a good friend of mine and nothing more. I'll platinum this game and everything, but this is the final new Dead Space entry I'm buying again.

I play games that are fun.....I am not ashamed to say I actually really enjoyed Battleship and Up was fun, and Hannah Montana, well it was not terrible like I was thinking. I get variety and a ton of games, instead of working for a hundred hours on one game and getting pissed off in the process. While others may not agree with me, I am perfectly happy with how I game. I play games such as COD, MOH, Crysis, Battlefield, Madden, MLB, Ratchet and Clank, and the "whoring" games as well. I honestly have no regrets. I am happy with the way I do things, and I get the most enjoyment out of getting trophies and platinums. This may be impossible to fathom for some, but it is how I play games. Look up my list, I have a variety of games and genres. Finally, there is no way in hell that there will not be trophies on the PS4. You can COUNT on that one.

• Like 1

This generation of gamers sure as hell infuriates me. I'm 15 and am able to decide on my own which game I truly want because the sake of actually wanting to play it without worrying about the list whereas someone who's 25 that picks out games where it's short 'n sweet, no real challenge. I don't know anymore, I really don't.

While I agree with your premise, this is a very naive point. You are 15 and in a totally different place in your life then a 25 year old. Many 25 year olds have houses, full time jobs, and families to raise. They may not have time to sit down and play a 100 hour game. They look for games that are short and ones that they can pick up and play for 30 minutes because that is all the time they have to game. It kind of ruins your argument when you presume to know why older people pick up shorter games.

I never suggested that the shorter easier games should die out. I too enjoy a nice short game once in a while. All I was trying to say is to keep the long games in there, as there is a time and a place for them. I will be very sad if that game dies out.

• Like 1

While I agree with your premise, this is a very naive point. You are 15 and in a totally different place in your life then a 25 year old. Many 25 year olds have houses, full time jobs, and families to raise. They may not have time to sit down and play a 100 hour game. They look for games that are short and ones that they can pick up and play for 30 minutes because that is all the time they have to game. It kind of ruins your argument when you presume to know why older people pick up shorter games.

I never suggested that the shorter easier games should die out. I too enjoy a nice short game once in a while. All I was trying to say is to keep the long games in there, as there is a time and a place for them. I will be very sad if that game dies out.

I didn't think about it that way at all. Thank you for pointing that out. While I agree something short is great once in a while, what I can't stand is something like Call of Duty where they could literally shovel out a 5 hour campaign and fans/critics alike will deem it "Unforgettable, memorable, etc." while games like Spec Ops: The Line for example (although short) try to evolve the shooter genre and create a plot that's unseen and largely ignored in the shooter genre. Hopefully I make some sense? And thanks for pointing that out, I was probably in a different mindset then after reading DanielVT's post :(

• Like 1

im also 15 but i like challenging games ..well basically games i like... but most people just play games they like which there's nothing wrong with.. some people think i have some easy games but i like and enjoy them btw good point sir bee

btw i agree older people have less time to game... i notice this