Dead Space 3 Will Be An Ultra Rare Platinum

Vilebear

What else can you choose to do? How about play DS3 in 4 unlockable game modes! Each mode is on-disc, and becomes available when you beat the game once. There’s New Game+, which lets you start a new game with all your upgrades and arsenal intact. There’s Classic Mode, which is for the DS1 veterans out there. It’s single-player only, uses “classic” aiming, and there’s no crafting – all weapons have to be built from blueprints, a la the original game. Another mode is Pure Survival Mode. If you like survival horror and resource management, this is the mode for you. Enemies ONLY drop resources, and there’s no ammo, health, or weapon parts to be found. You’ll have to choose what to craft every time you see a bench. Upgrade? Med Pack? Plasma Core? Think fast – there’s a Waster right around the corner! Finally, we have the aptly-named Hardcore Mode. Choose this mode, and you only get one life to live for the entire campaign. Make sure to wear a clean pair of boxers when you play

Link is Here

And i thought having only 3 saves was tough...

• Like 4

Doesn't really bother me, since I'm not really a trophy whore. The Classic Mode sounds nice, but only because I haven't read up on the crafting thing (which I assume in DS3 only). That and I really enjoyed the first game, even if that damn asteroid minigame was kinda annoying. I think I need to go back to Dead Space 2 now, or re-buy Dead Space 1 on PS3 (I had it on 360 before I sold the system), then I guess I can get the custom plasma cutter or whatever the bonus is for having a DS1 save in Dead Space 2

Reading this has erased many of my doubts about the game. I like the option to play the game many different ways. I'm not too concerned about the platnium as I most likely won't get it. But I am interested to try these modes and to co-op it after my first solo run. I do agree that it will probably end up being a ultra rare plat.

My question is if there are actually trophies for each mode you listed?

Edit: Crap there is...... :(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space-3/achievements/

I think this is a stupid decision. I certainly won't be getting this game even if I wanted to. The PS4 is coming out either this year of next.....I have trophy goals and I am rushing to get them done. I'm looking for easier platinums and faster ones at that. Also think of all the people that won't get this game just because of the difficulty of the platinum. I'm sure there will be some that buy it because it IS so difficult and others just because they love Dead Space.

I'm just saying this game has to sell 5 million copies for them to make a fourth entry, and I think they would have seen alot more sales if they would have made this platinum easier as in one playthrough easier. I hope this does not come back to bite them, but I don't see them selling 5 million copies.

Edited by DanielVT

I hope that the game industry never falls into the mentality that we need to make our games and our platinums easy so they sell more copies. It will be a sad day when all the big games end up with under 10 hour platinums. There are already enough of those. They can't take a game series like Dead Space that had the beautiful Hardcore mode, and make it a one play through easy game. That would certainly lose me as a fan of the series, and I doubt I am alone on that.

yeah i love the challenge also..... im looking forward to it and dead space 3 wouldn't be the same without the challenge :) although 1 life is pretty hardcore but ill go for this plat also
  • Like 1

yeah i love the challenge also..... im looking forward to it and dead space 3 wouldn't be the same without the challenge :) although 1 life is pretty hardcore but ill go for this plat also

1 life is no problem at all, you beat most games on one life? Just save and every save spot. The same could have been said about the Bioshock 1 trophy beating the game on hard without using a vita chamber, but you could save at any time, so it was simple.

• Like 1

1 life is no problem at all, you beat most games on one life? Just save and every save spot. The same could have been said about the Bioshock 1 trophy beating the game on hard without using a vita chamber, but you could save at any time, so it was simple.

now that you mentioned that you could save anywhere then thats a piece of cake!!!! i thought it was 1 save with one life but i see its not that bad :)

This will be awesome! :holy: I'm so ready for when my copy comes overnight right to my doorstep then straight into my PS3, regardless of what game I'm currently enjoying. I think I'll be playing through this game more than they would have thought. 1+ for enjoyment, then trying to beast each mode, then probably more once that's all said and done. This doesn't scare me one bit and I welcome the challenge :pimp:

That being said, I wonder if you could save your file each time to the cloud, then if you do happen to die and taint your save on the system, just upload the one from your cloud and bam, no death?

Or what if you catch it before the autosave and quit to XMB? Regardless, gon be sweet. :awesome:

• Like 2

Yes, but they may not let you have any saves.....period. Hardcore on DS2 was only 3 saves. Try playing it with zero......**gulp**

I hope that the game industry never falls into the mentality that we need to make our games and our platinums easy so they sell more copies. It will be a sad day when all the big games end up with under 10 hour platinums. There are already enough of those. They can't take a game series like Dead Space that had the beautiful Hardcore mode, and make it a one play through easy game. That would certainly lose me as a fan of the series, and I doubt I am alone on that.

I disagree this time. I am tired of games with super hard platinums. I dislike when developers make you play 100 hours to get a platinum. Obviously you don't have to, but I think the big games should settle on 25 hour platinums. To me that is neither too short or too long.