My experience with Supernova

Hello, TTR players!

Getting the Supernova trophy was very hard and frustrating to me. This game got superhard after the patches, I think. First of all, you have to get real good at drifting, once they have removed the donut drift (I used this trick to platinum the game one year ago). About the drift, I realized you have to play unsafe, I mean, never stop your combo. Without the combo you will never get the high scores needed. Also I played 1 to 3 hours per day, while playing other games. Whenever I got tired or stressed, I stopped. 

If you're struggling with a race (and I'm sure you are!), watch the guides made by Feyitsma. He was a huge help for me and for other players, thats for sure. I would say that seeing his performance even before attempting a race would be a nice idea; I did that a lot on the hardest tracks. Well, cheers to Feyitsma, then!

Its a cliche, indeed, but "never give up" and stick to that particular race you are strugling with. I tuned down the game's sound, only played while listenning to Spotify so I cut the repetitive music. God bless Linkin Park and our dear Chester. ?

I'm still shocked that Supernova isnt ultra rare. I like this game and getting all stars remembered me the time I used to play Burnout 3, when I got all gold medals on that wonderfull game xD

• Like 2

Rarity of both the plat and the Supernova trophy is still dropping steadily though as more people pick up the game. Plat was almost 12% just a couple months ago, it's now 11%. Supernova is down to 6% from almost 7% in the same time. It might turn ultra rare at some point. A lot of people got the plat before the game got a huge difficulty spike in last years patch, otherwise that would at least be well under 10% as well.

Also, turning off the music is one of the most helpful tips I can think of with this game. I just put my headphones down when I play it, the music drives me nuts.

Edited by scary_atheist
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i honestly dont think i could have done the DLC trophies without Spotify.  Any of the tracks i was really struggling i was putting some Epic scores on (The Dunkirk Film score highly recommend lol) and it just helped me focus.

The supernova trophy was harder than i was expecting and personally enjoyed some of the challenging races / tracks.. There was a overtake one that sticks in my mind which just totally seemed unfair and it even had weapons on.. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ShayShay1993 said:

Easily one of the hardest and most frustrating things I've ever done, AND one of the worst games I've ever played. I've never sworn so much at a game before I swear my blood pressure has risen. I'm so glad it's over. 

Beats any Need for Speed game, I thought it was pretty fun. 

• Like 3

Strangely, I found the drifting levels for both the DLC and regular game to be... of medium difficulty. Obviously didnt use the donut drift since it was patched out, but just learning the courses and where to drift and where to boost (this is essential). The million point one only took me about 5-6 tries.

My tip is to always save the boost for where you will find yourself on a straightaway that is difficult to boost on.

Anyway, still have a bunch of other races to clean up, but all the drifting is done so I am happy.

On 8/10/2017 at 6:24 AM, Platinumus said:

There was a overtake one that sticks in my mind which just totally seemed unfair and it even had weapons on.. 

I found this one to be the hardest I've completed so far, but if you leave the race and start again the opponent mix up changes (or at least order changes) and sometimes you can roll an easier set to beat.

• Like 3

On 17/08/2017 at 4:05 PM, ShayShay1993 said:

Easily one of the hardest and most frustrating things I've ever done, AND one of the worst games I've ever played. I've never sworn so much at a game before I swear my blood pressure has risen. I'm so glad it's over. 

Me too! I like the game, but I'm still glad this is over. No more dishes and breads on the tracks!

I wish good luck to everyone attempting Supernova. Never give up. 

Praise the sun ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caiosuperhiperat said:

No more dishes and breads on the tracks!

I'd rather every game from now on have Akumu mode than go from 1st to 8th because I hit bread. Once I was in 1st and the game reset my position as if I'd gotten stuck for no reason!

• Like 1

On 20/08/2017 at 0:13 PM, ShayShay1993 said:

I'd rather every game from now on have Akumu mode than go from 1st to 8th because I hit bread. Once I was in 1st and the game reset my position as if I'd gotten stuck for no reason!

Hahaha  Akumu mode in The Evil Within was less frustrating than Supernova, yeah. So i'm not the only one who thinks that! Akumu took me 23 hours and 332 deaths; Supernova took me weeks and took my sanity as well. (But I dont want to discourage anyone and I was already insane even before Supernova).

Bring on Akumu in The Evil Within 2! God, Im so ready ?

Edited by caiosuperhiperat

• 1 year later...

It’s been 2 years since I don’t play this game. I got the platinum with the latest patch :)

today I bought the DLC. The only issue I’m having it’s the gameplay full of glitches. I was trying the Street cup, with all stars gathered so far. I was in my final lap in the last race and the game crashed. I was expecting that bullshit since it happened minor other glitches before in short challenges, but all of them obliged me to restart. What a pain when it happens in championships -_- 

• 11 months later...

I honestly had a great experience with the dlc. I completed the base game a few months ago, and only had major trouble with the 1 million point drift. Once you learn how to tune your car and really understand how to drift, you shouldn’t have any trouble with any of the new challenges. I took a break before trying the dlc, but at this point I had the money to buy and fully upgrade every car, and I chipped away at all the races until I was done. Most of them only took a few attempts, to learn the course and then have a good run. Some of the checkpoint ones were tricky but there was sometimes a shortcut you had to figure out. Overall I’m proud I got the 100% and I enjoyed my time with the game. It was a grind but not very frustrating for me. If you’ve been scared of going for the dlc trophies, don’t be! 

Edited by Zookie25
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18-8-2017 at 11:17 PM, Denvirus said:

Strangely, I found the drifting levels for both the DLC and regular game to be... of medium difficulty. Obviously didnt use the donut drift since it was patched out, but just learning the courses and where to drift and where to boost (this is essential). The million point one only took me about 5-6 tries.

My tip is to always save the boost for where you will find yourself on a straightaway that is difficult to boost on.

Anyway, still have a bunch of other races to clean up, but all the drifting is done so I am happy.

I found this one to be the hardest I've completed so far, but if you leave the race and start again the opponent mix up changes (or at least order changes) and sometimes you can roll an easier set to beat.

This! ^^

I recently finished the DLC and for both the overtake X opponents and overtake/hit 1 opponent and this made a huge difference in multiple races.

I was stuck on an overtake race where I had to reach 25 overtakes. I drove the same or sometimes even longer distance compared to the video's of this race. But I barely managed 23 and once I was lucky to reach 24 while number 25 was 2 corners with a long straight in between, ahead of me... After being stuck on it for 2-3h, I left it and when I came back later that I managed to get 26 on first try!

On all the next overtake races I would restart it if I noticed that I was way behind with a near perfect run and same thing happened. On one of the next restarts I would reach the goal with the same run.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2020 at 0:54 PM, Kolm said:

This! ^^

I recently finished the DLC and for both the overtake X opponents and overtake/hit 1 opponent and this made a huge difference in multiple races.

I was stuck on an overtake race where I had to reach 25 overtakes. I drove the same or sometimes even longer distance compared to the video's of this race. But I barely managed 23 and once I was lucky to reach 24 while number 25 was 2 corners with a long straight in between, ahead of me... After being stuck on it for 2-3h, I left it and when I came back later that I managed to get 26 on first try!

On all the next overtake races I would restart it if I noticed that I was way behind with a near perfect run and same thing happened. On one of the next restarts I would reach the goal with the same run.

Hi!

Do you beat the tournaments?

i’ve beaten every event with 3 stars but i did not  get the trophy...

thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I did the dlc after about 7 years. Easier than expected. But still not the easiest.

• Tune your cars (always decrease armor to be fast, on drift races decrease handling)
  • Use shortcuts if possible (especially on the ice track, you can skip that one race entirely by using jump tires after the first corner, see videos)

Use the videos here if you need help.

• Like 1