The Defacto PS3 FPS?

Dreakon139

Playstation 3 First Person Shooters  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which is THE PS3 First Person Shooter series?

• Killzone
    • Resistance
    • MAG

Halo is pretty much the defacto Xbox FPS (though of course I'm sure Call of Duty and the sort have high numbers). It's the exclusive, it's a big reason people buy the console. Which PS3 FPS exclusive do you think comes the closest to being the PS3's Halo? I'm thinking mostly in terms of popularity. ;)

(Third person titles like Uncharted, Socom and the sort have been excluded as I'm just curious what series people think is the PS3's "Halo")

EDIT: If I missed any PS3 exclusive FPS's in this list, let me know and I'll add it.

Killzone. I much prefer it to Resistance, and I think it's a better selling point for the PS3 Console.

I think I have to agree with that.

Regardless of which is a "better game", I personally think Killzone has the distinctive, recognizable look that can be plastered on PS3 console boxes. It has a following as well, which is bigger between it and Resistance is debatable though.

Plus the little I've played of both, I think I'd prefer Killzone personally. Though FPS's aren't really my thing lol.

This one doesn't really have an answer. Just like the ambiguity with having a mascot, Sony doesn't like to define its console with a single face. They like to hold the image that they're diverse and have a great variety of things to offer.

However, I voted for Killzone, lol.

While I prefer the Resistance series to Killzone, I think Killzone is PlayStation's "Halo." The reason I say that is because the original Killzone was touted as the "Halo killer" so the two games have a sort of history about them, while Resistance was developed a console generation later so it doesn't even really feel like a competitor. Plus Killzone and Halo are more futuristic while Resistance is set in the '50's.

Parker

... the original Killzone was touted as the "Halo killer" so the two games have a sort of history about them, while Resistance was developed a console generation later so it doesn't even really feel like a competitor...

I voted Killzone for this very reason. The history between the two means something and these two go back a console generation. Casual interest, for the most part, will equate Killzone with Playstation as much as Halo with Xbox. Shame on me, but I hadn't heard of Resistance 1 or 2 until a year or so ago.

I voted Killzone.

Though to be fair, I don't like to compare it to Halo, because I think Killzone is far better.

Last gen, I had all three systems, and I had Halo 1 & 2 on the Xbox, and hated them both. Although Halo was the reason I bought the Xbox (I loved the look of it in the trailers), I came to despise it after spending a few hours playing it. I bought Halo 2 because it was supposed to be better, and ended up hating that too.

Not sure what it is with the Halo games, but something about them doesn't really 'click' with me. The story didn't grab me, I hated the designs of the aliens, and generally the whole colour scheme.

• 2 weeks later...