Wait for games to go on sale?

Beyondthegrave07

I'm somewhat new to PS3 also so I'm in the same boat as Arkthur_us. Most of the games I'm interested in are older but on the other hand I'm somewhat cheap as well. :-) I wait till they go on sale (Just got Saints Row The Third Full Package for $22.00) SCORE!!

I buy all my games retail (unless they're PSN only, of course) so I never keep money in my PSN wallet. If I need something off PSN I just ad funds via my debit card, which has been on my PS3 since well before the hack and nothing has ever come of it.

Parker

• Like 3

I buy all my games retail (unless they're PSN only, of course) so I never keep money in my PSN wallet. If I need something off PSN I just ad funds via my debit card, which has been on my PS3 since well before the hack and nothing has ever come of it.

Pretty much this for me as well. I refuse to buy anything digital that I can get a physical copy of unless it's strictly only on PSN.

I buy 99% of my games (digital or retail) either when they're on sale or after a price cut. The last time I bought a retail game full price was the first Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. Nowadays I wait until they are at least half price or less, or wait for the GOTY edition with all the inevitable DLC included.

Retail games here are released at £40 new. Every single retail PS3 game I have bought (that's over 150) has dropped in price to at least somewhere between the £15-£20 mark, sometimes even less. For me, it just makes sense to wait a while and get it cheaper.

• Like 2

I have to say, I am really cautious on Pre-ordering. I will Pre-order games like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls....but games like Aliens: Colonial Mars and Tomb Raider have to wait until they are on sale for me to get them. So most of the time, wait for the sale

• 2 weeks later...

Parker

Exactly the same.

I only buy retail (and 90% of them when on sale). On the PS Store I only buy DLCs and I never keep funds on my profile, I just funnel them from my credit card.

I'm usually trying older games that I have never played, so I'm usually in the used games section. But I would buy a game as soon as it is released if I really like it. I buy off of the PSN if the deal is too good, or when I'm buying classics.

Edited by xWSPx420x

• 1 month later...