Overwatch May Soon Have an Unobtainable Trophy

TheLiamK

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give you a heads up on a potentially unobtainable trophy. Nothing is confirmed as to whether or not they are going to change the trophy as well but if they don't you will no longer able to get it.

Essentially, there is a character in the game call Mercy, who's ultimate ability is to resserect any dead team mates near her. There is a trophy for ressing I think it's 4 or 5 people with one usage at the same time. The potential problem lies with some newly announced changes coming to the character(which can be seen in the linked video). Basically they are changing her ultimate to something completely different. She will still have the ability to res but it will be a normal ability but more importantly it can only be done on one team mate at a time. 

Hopefully they change the achievement(I don't know if they can) but you might want to have a pop at getting it just in case.

Heres the vid:

The thing about this is that if this trophy becomes unobtainable, then Mercy's cute spray in the game will also become unobtainable and Blizzard would never let that happen.. I haven't read anything about the changes that they're doing to Mercy yet but they're most likely going to change the conditions for the trophy when they do, it wouldn't be the first time that they've changed a trophy.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

Also, when they added in Symmetra they chaged the trophy requirements for The Path is Closed where you could destroy her Shield Gens as well. But it has to be three of one of them. So three Teles or Three Shield Gens. 

That's true, they also changed the amount of beams you'd need for "The Car Wash" trophy from 7 to 6 too.

Very unlikely for this Platinum to become unobtainable in my opinion. They will likely just change the requirements as they have done with several trophies before.

Besides, this is Overwatch we're talking about. A highly fan operated game. Even if it were to go unobtainable, Blizzard would fix it fast due to fan demand. We speak, they listen. That's how Overwatch works.

36 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Very unlikely for this Platinum to become unobtainable in my opinion. They will likely just change the requirements as they have done with several trophies before.

Besides, this is Overwatch we're talking about. A highly fan operated game. Even if it were to go unobtainable, Blizzard would fix it fast due to fan demand. We speak, they listen. That's how Overwatch works.

A DLC trophy had been unattainable since June after a few updates. Rapid discord has been glitched since forever and they literally just ignore all the bug reports on their forum because it's just an achievement/trophy.

28 minutes ago, Nuttro93 said:

A DLC trophy had been unattainable since June after a few updates. Rapid discord has been glitched since forever and they literally just ignore all the bug reports on their forum because it's just an achievement/trophy.

Orisa's trophy has already been confirmed to be fixed in the next update. Zenyatta's trophy isn't glitched, it's just a bit glitchy. It should pop on your third or so attempt.

Edited by ddracarys

Oh my god I finally got it but it was the most frustrating thing in the world. I got tired of trying to get it 'normally' so I just waited until we were pushing a point and let everyone die ^_^ Took a few attempts so I got some very 'nice' psn messages during the course :D I am looking forward to the Mercy changes though, should make her a little less boring to use outside of team fights.