Surival Mode Crushing Solo 30 Stars Video Guide - ...It Achievement (1.32)

shorty2905

As I'm a bit of a completionist, the DLC has been putting me off starting the game.  I know the OG platinum is super easy, but I've heard this has gotten harder since launch due to nerfed weapons.

Anyone who's played BioShock Infinite, is this comprable to Blue Ribbon Champ in difficulty? Got it legit, as I did it on Xbox where the glitch doesn't exist.

I like a challenge, but I'm not in the mood for a 8/10 difficulty sort of challenge.

Edited by phantomfear9494

4 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

As I'm a bit of a completionist, the DLC has been putting me off starting the game.  I know the OG platinum is super easy, but I've heard this has gotten harder since launch due to nerfed weapons.

Anyone who's played BioShock Infinite, is this comprable to Blue Ribbon Champ in difficulty? Got it legit, as I did it on Xbox where the glitch doesn't exist.

I like a challenge, but I'm not in the mood for a 8/10 difficulty sort of challenge.

If you don't have friends to play with, I would avoid it. The mode is actually fun, but the time requirements are not balanced for the changes they made, possible for sure, but they require the best gear and knowing how enemies spawn on each map.

If you do choose to go for it, make sure you get some solid partners, mine kinda quit on me and I haven't been motivated to go back for the last 5 levels I need 3 starts in.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

On 1.6.2018 at 3:08 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

I don't know about the BioShock one but this here is a tough one. If you have two friends same as dedicated as you it's definetly doable. If you are all by yourself it gets ways more challanging but I can guarantee you that it's still "soloable" with the appropriate effort put into it (At least 40+ hours challenge only). So, basically your choice but since UC4 shouldn't be missed out by anyone, I highly recommed you go for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Reporting back one year later...

I have gotten 3 star for the first seven stages (solo and joining random matches) but got absolutely destroyed by the warlord in stage 8 even with 2 other very good players.

Now I just occasionally boot up the game once every... few weeks collecting relic hoping to get the Shield of Asgard to trigger the melee glitch.

• 1 month later...
On 22.9.2018 at 0:31 PM, PliskinCobra said:

Reporting back one year later...

I have gotten 3 star for the first seven stages (solo and joining random matches) but got absolutely destroyed by the warlord in stage 8 even with 2 other very good players.

Now I just occasionally boot up the game once every... few weeks collecting relic hoping to get the Shield of Asgard to trigger the melee glitch.

Can you please help me to get 3 stars in the stages 2-8? I've been trying them over and over again, but I always fail. For example in stage 2 I always reach the boss after around 6 min and 40 seconds. 

I think the trick with the shield if Asgard doesn't work anymore. I was in a round where one of the players used it. We got the message "Stage failed" and it didn't count toward the 3 stars.

Edit: Well I tried it again. It didn't work in the stages 2,6 and 8. In stage 10 I got the 3 stars. Stage 10 was the only one where I myself defeated the boss. I do not know if it only works this stage. It could also be, that only the player that did "kill" the boss gets the 3 stars or if you have to finish all stages, starting from the one where you defeated the boss in one run.

Edited by Ravie_HD
Change

I've found this to be a great source of inspiration. I've just finished all the levels once on crushing and can see this being a very intense journey to solo them all 3 stars... however, having watched these videos with your tips and strategies, i believe it's something i too want to do. Thank you for all the effort you've put in. Great work!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Its been about a month and so far i've managed to solo 1, 2, 4 and 6. I've decided to try 10 next as the two bosses are fresh in my mind. I tried once last night and got to the final boss in 23 minutes but missed out on getting the 3 stars. 

I think im going to get the all boss stages out the way first so that i have an easier run with the last few stars.

Once again, to shorty, thank you very much for these videos. They have been incredibly helpful.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

Its been about a month and so far i've managed to solo 1, 2, 4 and 6. I've decided to try 10 next as the two bosses are fresh in my mind. I tried once last night and got to the final boss in 23 minutes but missed out on getting the 3 stars. 

I think im going to get the all boss stages out the way first so that i have an easier run with the last few stars.

Once again, to shorty, thank you very much for these videos. They have been incredibly helpful.

Thanks a lot. I am really happy ND didn't change a single thing after i made this series. So it remains up to date! (probably forever?)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shorty2905 said:

Thanks a lot. I am really happy ND didn't change a single thing after i made this series. So it remains up to date! (probably forever?)

You and me both... though im not sure what else they could change to make it harder! But yes, im sure your videos will remain relevant forever (or til the servers close anyway).

On 05/12/2018 at 6:36 AM, kraven_15 said:

Hi,

If you're still having problems with your legit solo attempt and want to expedite the process, you can exploit each Warlord on every Stage that contains them; essentially an instant-death for each of those Warlords.

And, there's also an out-of-map exploit for Stage 9; making it a fair amount easier.

Please, check out the: Uncharted 4 Survival Guide, on PSN Profiles, by: djippps

I contributed an exploit video and text guide on there for djippps' 'glitch section', that I have allowed djippps to share with you all.

A collaboration between us rather than having a separate place to go for both guides.

Feel free to check it out.

A kind thank you to shorty2905 for his excellent and well detailed Solo 30 Star video series as well, that is also available for viewing on djippps' aforementioned guide and of course, on shorty2905's YouTube channel too.

I wish you all the very best of luck with the "...It" Trophy.

Edited by J-S_93
Formatting.
  • Like 3

On 07/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, J-S_93 said:

Hi,

If you're still having problems with your legit solo attempt and want to expedite the process, you can exploit each Warlord on every Stage that contains them; essentially an instant-death for each of those Warlord.

And, there's also an out-of-map exploit for Stage 9; making it a fair amount easier.

Please, check out the: Uncharted 4 Survival Guide, on PSN Profiles, by: djippps

I contributed an exploit video and text guide on their for djippps' 'glitch section', that I have allowed djippps to share with you all.

A collaboration between us rather than having a separate place to go for both guides.

Feel free to check it out.

A kind thank you to shorty2905 for his excellent and well detailed Solo 30 Star video series as well, that is also available for viewing on djippps' aforementioned guide and of course, on shorty2905's YouTube channel too.

I wish you all the very best of luck with the "...It" Trophy.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not having trouble per say but rather have very limited time to play. 

I think i want to try do them legit for the time being but if it becomes unbearable then i'll look into it. I've only got 8 and 10 with bosses left in any case and the first 3 waves of 10 haven't been so bad.

But thanks for the heads up ?

Edit: Finished stage 10 solo last night with 23.53. Very satisfying.

The only difference was i used explosives master instead of the mystical perk. I didnt buy the mystical thing for the seige wave 48 as i would never have enough to buy the grenades and heavy weapons in the boss fights.

Going to do wave 8 next as i hear its the hardest and then no more boss fights ?

Edited by kraven_15
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@Spaz: The micro-transactions can help you to unlock some weapons, abilities or magical stuff, the more useful are probably: M14, FAL, Indra Path and Harbinger. For the abilities, I let you check the whole list given in the guide. I have spent much more than 40 hours by going for it legit and to understand all the stages, 40 hours seem a very low estimate at first sight (it depends a lot on your level and your partners). 

Concerning the stages, the hardest are probably 8 and 10. You can consider some glitches if you have some difficulties. 

Concerning the solo/ coop question, it is worth noticing that the health jauge of the warlords significantly depend on the number of players (If you are alone, the health is very low compared to the case 3 players). BUT, the previous waves in my opinion are also harder in the solo case. My feeling is that going completely solo for this DLC will be very boring for you, I would advice to set up a boosting session to find some partners. Also understand when you have to find a fix spot for the stages.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Can anyone tell me if you can use microtransactions to help you for this trophy?

40 hours is quite a lot for this trophy if you're doing this solo. Even with partners it sounds like the last stage is a deal breaker for some.

If you are going to try solo, yes, DLCs are going to be very useful.

The items that djippps mentioned and that shorty recommends in the video are essential I would say. 

Regarding stage 10, it's actually not the worst. If you can get the first 4 waves done by about the 16 minute mark, you have 8 minutes to take down the last wave bosses. I beat it at almost exactly 24 minutes because of this. The Harbinger was invaluable. Level 8 is the worst I would say.

Edited by kraven_15

• 4 months later...