I'm new to the PS vita, just a couple of questions about battery

NightWing127

Hello, eveyone, I'm new to vita.

I just got it last monday. A late and last present I got for my birthday :yay: I just want to ask how you take care of the ps vita battery:

1. If the battery gets low, is it better to turn the vita off then charge it?
  2. do you get a notification or a sound when the battery gets low or does it change to red?
  3. When the battery gets low
    • Do you turn the vita off first then charge it? Or
    • Do you keep your vita on?

:unsure: Which way is better to charge it? :hmm:

Edited by NightWing127

Really, for number 1 it doesn't matter. for number two you get a notification that you're low on battery, and for number 3, I never turn my vita off. it's always in sleep mode.

When the battery runs out the vita turns off, and you can't turn it on for a few minutes even if it's being charged, and then when it is charged a little and you turn it on, it goes back to the point in the game you were at so you can save or w/e.

do you guys, sometimes drain it to 0? the store gave an advice not to drain it because it might shortened the battery life. Is it true?

When you let it run out completely it takes some time of charging before it lets you start it up again.

I dont know about that shortening battery life,i doubt it.

do you guys, sometimes drain it to 0? the store gave an advice not to drain it because it might shortened the battery life. Is it true?

Properly cycling your battery once in a while will help its overall lifespan, yes. You don't need to cycle it every time though.

i think its not so good when its battery life goes to zero! try to avoid that happen!

btw, i didn't let it sleep often, i just turn it off if i don't wanna play it! there is a notification alert that the battery is getting low!

its better to turn it off when u charging it, its battery will spoil if u charge it while playing MANY TIMES!

shotened the battery's life!? :unsure: come on? i believe its not true!! :pimp::awesome::yay:

So the opposite to mobile phones, laptops, etc. Seems strange - Not sure what the stores are like where you are, but the ones I deal with have less knowledge than an average gamer about anything non Xbox related things and wouldn't trust their opinion on any point :P

A good power cycle from time to time is always good for this kind of product generally (fully use the battery and fully recharge before using again)

However I haven't checked the specs for Vita itself so pinch of salt is best used :D

So the opposite to mobile phones, laptops, etc. Seems strange - Not sure what the stores are like where you are, but the ones I deal with have less knowledge than an average gamer about anything non Xbox related things and wouldn't trust their opinion on any point :P

Same at the people where I'm at; less knowledge about gaming <_< . but they adviced me not to drain it for it will shortened it battery lifespan. Even when I bought a tablet last year, i got same advice. :unsure:

Edited by NightWing127

its better to turn it off when u charging it, its battery will spoil if u charge it while playing MANY TIMES!

This is not true. If the device is fully charged and in use, it will run on AC power when plugged in. Modern devices are smart enough to stop charging the battery when it's fully charged.

Really, for number 1 it doesn't matter. for number two you get a notification that you're low on battery, and for number 3, I never turn my vita off. it's always in sleep mode.

When the battery runs out the vita turns off, and you can't turn it on for a few minutes even if it's being charged, and then when it is charged a little and you turn it on, it goes back to the point in the game you were at so you can save or w/e.

Exactly, also worth noting is that battery-life wise, you have about 4 hours of gametime, but you can buy a portable charger that gives you another couple of hours. Just thought you would like to know. :)

• Like 1

Exactly, also worth noting is that battery-life wise, you have about 4 hours of gametime, but you can buy a portable charger that gives you another couple of hours. Just thought you would like to know. :)

I actually haven't used my vita in over a month and it is still in almost full battery.

its battery will spoil if u charge it while playing MANY TIMES!

shotened the battery's life!? :unsure: come on? i believe its not true!! :pimp::awesome::yay:

That why I asked right? duh? :rolleyes: Read my title :awesome:

i wouldn't ask something like this niether tell you about what i heard & ask if it's true or not.

Edited by NightWing127

i'm saying its true that if u play the vita while charging, its will spoil it if u have this thing happen many times!

n it won't shortened the vita's battery life, it will just spoil n can't use it. if that happens, u just gonna say "adios" to yr vita!!

m i clear bout what i'm saying?