Ff8

entonces55

25 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Let me quote you.

Do you see that? "one person"

We both know that's me you're referring to, and I keep saying this because I absolutely love the games, and I'm frustrated they mess up the trophies like that. :(

I think it's easy to see the connection here. I came here to discuss FF8, chances for it's release, what I wanted to see from that release etc. Sure, you try to counter this, but you go pretty personal here as well, and it seems you're annoyed that people are against using cheats to make trophies easier. I'm just saying I know your attitude on the topic, because it's a clear pattern across most of your RPGs, and I'm saying I think this is wrong and I don't like it. Trophies are supposed to represent something you did in a game, not skipping it. Cheats disabling trophies would mean you could play the game just fine with the cheats enabled, but that if you wanted the trophies, you'd need to earn them. This is not what you seem to do though, you want the trophies made easy for you, not just play the game the way you want to. The latter is what you try to make an argument for, but the former is what you actually want.

you do know you arnt the only one person thats been doing this right? i activly ignore you because of this exact reason im only not ignoring you right now because you quoted me and are yet again trying to start something with me 

as for this pattern you refer to ive played well over 100 games with trophies, well over that before trophies where a thing and you call afew games which i defended and actually do have other people commenting as a problem but are swept under the rug cause apparently unless u or your friends have experienced it its a cheat of some sort, but anyways a pattern is something that would run throughout not on selected few.

as for why im saying i think they should keep the re-releases as they are they did this on purpose they are the ones making the rules not you not me if they feel they should give these bossters and keep the trophies active more power to them it does not detract from my playing the games or how you play yours you are not the least bit forced to use anyof them neither am i no one is my argument is not against the boosts or for them its against people who are complaining against how people choose to play the games its not effecting anyone else is it? if joe wants to use boosts but betty dosnt but both play through the game enjoy the story and get the platinum or 100 or whatever did one of them do something bad? or did both play how they want and get the achivments they want and have fun?   ive looked at the lists for both 7 and now 9 none of them have a trophy for dealing 9999 damage so thats deffinitly not a press a butten and magically get platinum or a trophy pretty sure each trophy has you doing something and earning them like i think theres a trophy for killing 10,000 enemies is these boosts going to have 10,000 enemies drop dead upon activating or after 1 fight? i dont think so but hey there might be a super hidden fun battle where 3 against 10,000 is a thing who knows

believe it or not i love playing games i love challenging games i love long games i mean i did just do all of witcher 3 for the second time and if u can locate an instance i cheated or used a save you my compatriot are a lier but you wont cause i dont cheat the worst i have done in a game is play it un patched which i dont think is an offense

so seriously do me atleast the favor of ignoring me and ill return it we can be happy enemies if thats how u wanna see it i for one dont call u enemy i just prefer not talk to you while ur insulting me or trying to make me look bad i just want to be left alone so i can play my games and chat in the forum and express my opinions and such like everyone else if u simply must talk to me just forget the past dont bring it up itll all be fine 

and if u really hate seeing what im writing feel free to delete both of our posts in here cause you have gone off topic as much as i have

I can see his point. Trophies started being something for bragging rights, if a Trophy is easy to earn it gives no bragging rights.

We are all probably guilty of doing the Platinum of an easy game (and I mean easy like Senran Kagura, not braindead stupid like Mayo or Hannah Montana, thats just embarrasing). But when there is a legit way to earn a trophy and a much easier way through cheating I can see how it makes the trophies lose value for some people.

Personally I don't care because those who cheat for the trophies miss on what was there to enjoy. For example, I platinumed Nier Automata legit, but the platinum is super common because of the trophy shop. Since I did it legit I got to experience more of the game's lore and I fought some optional bosses. Those who bought the trophies missed on parts of the game. During that time I felt tempted by the shop when I was doing some of the RNG based stuff but I persevered for the optional bosses and because the game deserved to be played through.

Now when it comes to bullshit trophies, like killing 10000 enemies for no reason, I'm all on for being able to use cheats. Same with having to speedrun a game when the limit is kinda tight (FF9 12 hours speedrun for excalibur).

Its not that I don't mind a challenge. For example I'm okay to dying to a boss 100 times because of lack of skill (not if its because of RNG). But when I can lose 12 hours of doing something because I screwed up a bit I don't enjoy my time doing that. And thats what it should always be about, enjoying your time with the game.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, Meacham said:

Who knows. I agree out of the 4 you mentioned 8 is probably the one I want the most and was little disappointed 9 came before it. (Still an amazing game)

This is the second time that Square has threw one of the classics at us without warning. Hopefully it won't be long before we get 8 either. Although the times between 7 and 9 releases were 21 months.

I loved 8 back in the day (particularly the card game). But I would guess that Square will bundle it with two themes, 5 avatars, and a special interview with...someone. We'll pay $29.99 for it all.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I was thinking Zell and Selphie would photo-bomb it. Then Seifer would enter to the Undertaker's theme, and Jim Ross would go, "Ma Gawd! That's Seifer's music!"

Well that blew up my idea..Too hardcore on the music, we all know Seifer = more closeted Kanji.. ?

On 9/23/2017 at 5:03 AM, Kapika96 said:

Complete BS. You realise the majority of sales are around release right? That 24k average of FF9 WILL go down. That's guaranteed. You can't just compare averages from release until present and say something is selling faster. If you want to see which one is selling faster you compare for the same amount of time, i.e which sold more within 1 year from release or something.

Maybe for consoles, but that's not how it works on Steam. Sales largely come from the major Steam sales, like the summer and winter sales. Because of that, games tend to have more consistent sales number, or even higher sales numbers after release.

Here's an example. Scroll down to where the Dear Esther dev is talking about their sales. He clearly says that it comes in big chunks, not just at the initial release.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2014/01/17/steam-matters-for-indie-developers-day-z-offers-a-million-reasons-why/#4ae29ad61bb1
I'd find more examples, but I have more important things to do than argue with overly biased fanboys.

On 9/25/2017 at 3:50 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I can see his point. Trophies started being something for bragging rights, if a Trophy is easy to earn it gives no bragging rights.

We are all probably guilty of doing the Platinum of an easy game (and I mean easy like Senran Kagura, not braindead stupid like Mayo or Hannah Montana, thats just embarrasing). But when there is a legit way to earn a trophy and a much easier way through cheating I can see how it makes the trophies lose value for some people.

Personally I don't care because those who cheat for the trophies miss on what was there to enjoy. For example, I platinumed Nier Automata legit, but the platinum is super common because of the trophy shop. Since I did it legit I got to experience more of the game's lore and I fought some optional bosses. Those who bought the trophies missed on parts of the game. During that time I felt tempted by the shop when I was doing some of the RNG based stuff but I persevered for the optional bosses and because the game deserved to be played through.

Now when it comes to bullshit trophies, like killing 10000 enemies for no reason, I'm all on for being able to use cheats. Same with having to speedrun a game when the limit is kinda tight (FF9 12 hours speedrun for excalibur).

Its not that I don't mind a challenge. For example I'm okay to dying to a boss 100 times because of lack of skill (not if its because of RNG). But when I can lose 12 hours of doing something because I screwed up a bit I don't enjoy my time doing that. And thats what it should always be about, enjoying your time with the game.

Excalibur II without any of the boosters would have been one of the better trophies for this. I'm not into speedrunning trophies, but in an RPG like this a trophy like that would really push you to play the game differently. It would have been interesting. As it is now, they might as well not have bothered with it, as it's just a complete waste of 10 hours that will likely sour people's opinion of the game. People can do this game live in front of an audience, even fighting the super boss on disc 2 and Hades on disc 4, in 9 and a half hours. No reloading of any saves or anything, but still taking the time to save just in case. Of course you could do this just fine without boosters. And an Excalibur II run, you'd be able to check your time, plenty of spare time you can waste, and you could save and reload if you mess things up just fine. RNG wouldn't fuck you over.

^ 8 hours and 49 minutes, gets Excalibur II at 8 hours and 35 minutes... 3 hours and 25 minutes to spare.

^ One time try in front of live audience, no second run attempt etc, and they didn't have particularly good luck, still around 9 hours and 30 minutes. :P 

It's not like ICO, you'd have plenty of time and get a totally different experience of the game.

Let me remind you, these are for beating the game, you don't need to do that to get Excalibur II. The last two bosses are not required, so then you can remove a bit more time.

Edited by MMDE