Ff8

entonces55

13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

You are wrong.You could leave Ultimecia's Castle whenever you wanted.Cities were unavailable,but you had Tonberry's ability (shop) to buy stuff and i believe the Queen was available at the crash site,if you wanted to play TT

You're right, she's in the desert ... and on disc 4 people can leave ultimecia castle,  all locations are locked with a shield that makes it impossible to enter.

6 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Yeah, all opinions are completely subjective to each individual person. So I guess there's no reason to ever discuss them, right?

As of now, VIII has sold more units, but considering VIII has been out for about 44 months (almost 4 years), and IX has been out for about 16 months (a little over a year), IX is selling much faster. VIII has sold an average of about 16,000 a month, while IX is at an average of about 24,000. IX is selling almost twice as fast. Also, according to the site that that wiki got it's stats from, VIII only has 28,826 followers, while IX has 73,371. IX is very easily the more popular of the two, and it's no surprise Square opted to port IX instead of VIII.

Complete BS. You realise the majority of sales are around release right? That 24k average of FF9 WILL go down. That's guaranteed. You can't just compare averages from release until present and say something is selling faster. If you want to see which one is selling faster you compare for the same amount of time, i.e which sold more within 1 year from release or something.

• Like 1

How I wish they put it on there with upscaled models and trophy support. FF VIII is my favorite one and I would get that platinum regardless of difficulty.

1 hour ago, TheArcadeKid said:

I remember getting to the start of disc four in Final Fantasy VIII before realising I'd done something majorly wrong and couldn't progress. Boss fight was impossible to win, all random battles gave no XP and there was no way to go anywhere else to grind.

Exp wouldn't have helped you there. Enemies scale with your level, and they scale way better than you. So, the lower level you are, the more benefit you can get from abusing the Junction system.

• Like 1

They have III, IV (and After Years), V, VI, and VIII all on Steam with achievements. Considering we now have VII and IX ported from their Steam versions, that leaves these with a good chance to arrive on PS4 with trophy support somewhere down the line. Final Fantasy II is the only numbered main series title (Final Fantasy I has Windows Phone achievements) that has no achievements on any release. Even Tactics got achievements for its iOS and Androide release (War of the Lions version).

• Like 1

100% it needs a port to PS4. Probably my favourite game of all time (next to Resident Evil 4), nostalgia has a big part to play in that but I love every bit of it. Would really likely the challenge to get the plat, the steam version had some disgusting requirements if you wanted all of the achievements, and would love to place the plat proudly on my profile.

You can do it Square!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

Would really likely the challenge to get the plat, the steam version had some disgusting requirements if you wanted all of the achievements, and would love to place the plat proudly on my profile.

You can do it Square!

I haven't seen the achievements before so I just checked them and man would it be fun to do them. Other than the kill 10000 enemies (which would be a mindless grind after getting everything else), all the other stuff seems fun. Even keeping Squall dead (or out of the active group when possible) to finish the game with him at his starting level sounds like fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndresLionheart said:

I haven't seen the achievements before so I just checked them and man would it be fun to do them. Other than the kill 10000 enemies (which would be a mindless grind after getting everything else), all the other stuff seems fun. Even keeping Squall dead (or out of the active group when possible) to finish the game with him at his starting level sounds like fun.

You don't need to kill Squall or keep him out of your party to keep him at his starting level (in fact, the game can be done as a solo challenge only keeping Squall alive while keeping him at his starting level throughout) due to how experience is gained in the game AND due to how many ways you have for ending fights with 0 exp gained.

2 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

You don't need to kill Squall or keep him out of your party to keep him at his starting level (in fact, the game can be done as a solo challenge only keeping Squall alive while keeping him at his starting level throughout) due to how experience is gained in the game AND due to how many ways you have for ending fights with 0 exp gained.

Well, I never tried stuff like attempting to earn as little exp as possible but I think I remember some ability, probably a Limit Break, that made enemies disappear and didn't give exp for those kills (not talking about Selphie's The End, pretty sure that one still gave the exp).

Anyway, that would make it even better then =). I also always wanted to complete the card collection but never had any incentive to do so.

11 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

That's what some people said about FFIX and FFXII, and yet those are already on PS4! square didn't want to launch FFVIII for now and preferred the surprise more forward ... the game will be released yes it's a matter of time. in the steam version i already did almost 80% of the achievements. relative to ffix is a little easier

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/39150/achievements/

im just going by the releases on ps4 
ff7 2015

ff9 2017

so 2 years and we'll get ff8 ;) 

10 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Well, I never tried stuff like attempting to earn as little exp as possible but I think I remember some ability, probably a Limit Break, that made enemies disappear and didn't give exp for those kills (not talking about Selphie's The End, pretty sure that one still gave the exp).

Anyway, that would make it even better then =). I also always wanted to complete the card collection but never had any incentive to do so.

You can use Card almost on all enemies except humans and bosses (and the mummy head with the hands).You gain AP and items but no EXP.And Quezacotl is availlable from the start,so no need to kill Squall unless you want to level the other characters.Diablo's enc-none will take care of the rest

I'll be so happy if they ever release FF VIII too because it is my favorite game in the franchise. Also, it is one of my favorite games in general.

I hope it'll happen. FF VIII > FF IX > FF VII in my opinion, though I'm one of the few people who liked 7 least from all PSOne games xD

• Like 3

Not going to argue about sales numbers and popularity. It's all pointless. Every Final Fantasy is great. 

I would be so happy if they ported all of them. I was excited by the surprise announcement of IX (and VII back when that was announced).

They have Chrono Trigger on mobile so that would be cool too.

I hope when they do eventually bring FF8 to PS4 they also bring Chocobo world.  From memory there were a few items you couldn't get without it.

Also am I the only person whose OCD is triggered by the lowercase f in the thread title?

Edited by PSX_Trepie

20 hours ago, TheArcadeKid said:

I remember getting to the start of disc four in Final Fantasy VIII before realising I'd done something majorly wrong and couldn't progress. Boss fight was impossible to win, all random battles gave no XP and there was no way to go anywhere else to grind. I understand the Junction system requires a little more thought than most RPG combat systems, but for me to be able to get that far and then be forced to quit is just bad design. 

That said, I have fond memories of the overall game, and would be more than happy to revisit (and finish) it. It is odd that Square decided to release IX after VII, but I'm sure VIII is coming eventually. VIII definitely has its fans, but out of the major PS1 (and probably PS2) releases, it's probably the least popular. My guess is they wanted to release IX, the safer bet, before getting around to VIII. 

Most of this is plain wrong. Let's not forget you require the same amount of exp to level up each level, and that enemies scale with your level. 

The problem with the Junction system is that it pushes you to prioritize just drawing the best magic and keeping that for stat increase. It's also a game where you just end up using attack, and spam cancel to get limit breaks over and over. The only remotely difficult thing in FF8 is Omega Weapon.

20 hours ago, Cielle said:

I don't doubt 8 will get a release at some point but who knows. It'd probably be like how 9 just came out of nowhere.  9 made it to where you can't use all the cheats but some of them, so I wouldn't mind if 8 only had a handful of cheats you could use.

I wouldn't mind a speedhack booster, but that's all TBH. No encounter is even an ability a GF can learn in the game... Neither do we need always 9999 damage, which would just serve to break the battle system. Always limit break is pretty much possible already by spamming the cancel button, and so it wouldn't break the game that much, but it's pretty damn pointless.

20 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

i hope they do continue to release these games and continue the trend of adding boosts and such that dont kill trophy support some people just want to enjoy the game without having to grind long hours for little gain when they have other games that need to get played aswell and some people in this day and age i feel couldn't handle the old school way of playing they grew up on having there hand held in games and theres no reason they should miss out on such awesome games just because they dont feel like grinding or dont know how to respond to harder games

and i keep noticing one person in these forums its like they post every few lines with stuff like i hope they make these boosts block trophiesIIII and they moan and groan like they themself havnt taken the easy way out on many games heres some news if ur against the boosts dont use them its that easy and also why do these people feel they need to post nearly the same thing over and over and over and over maybe not the same exact words but the same sentiment like either they forgot they posted 10 other times or they really just like upping there post count or something some people actually like the boosts get passed it :D

and i feel like 8 was way better than 7 and 9 in many areas heck besides the kiddy feel of 7 and 9 which made it cartoony and fun 8 did really well with being serious they had a far better card game better more enjoyable characters the plots a little confusing but come on who didnt love the ragnaroke airship?

Let's just get this straight from the get-go. If the boosters and cheats were disabling the trophies, you would still be able to play through the game and enjoy that, but if you wanted the trophies, you'd actually have to earn them.

This was clearly directed at me, probably over personal reasons, so I'll be a tiny bit personal as well. I'm totally fine with speedhack boost for example, even no encounter is cool, but breaking the battle system with always doing max damage so most of the game is a press a button to win is not just silly, but I find it rather insulting to the player base.

Yeah, I know what you like to do in RPGs. I've seen enough of that. In FFXIII-2, I've seen enough cases of exactly what you had, and I know the exact reason for it, same with KH2, KH1 etc. You like to just press a button to win, not actually play the games.

There's no need for any of these boosters in FF8, it's already made in such a way that there's absolutely no need for it, as I pointed out in my last post.

If you don't have the time to play an RPG, that's on you. If I wanted to cheat these games, I'd do it with an emulator on PC, and I wouldn't expect to get trophies for it. I've already beat these games to completion multiple times over. Like the achievement list for FF8 on steam, that trophy list is piss easy. I always do every single requirement there anyway. It's stuff like giving a shit about the card game, or collecting the limit breaks for one of your characters. Get all the summons. If actually playing these games aren't your thing, that's on you. I'll be getting the games for the trophies alone. They will be a motivator to play through the games once again and do most of what the games has to offer, like it should be. I was looking forward to getting pushed through FF9 in 12 hours and put myself into all the strategies etc, but now it's just a joke. The platinum won't be any easier for you though, because they decided to add the one trophy I actually didn't want to see, the 10k rope jump. I don't think I'm the only one getting a bit turned off by that one trophy, but with the cheats, it might as well be, because then the platinum will be for those earned it, not just those who used a downloaded save or enabled a cheat. Else, the FF9 trophy list is fine by me! :) 

18 hours ago, zadorvp said:

They have III, IV (and After Years), V, VI, and VIII all on Steam with achievements. Considering we now have VII and IX ported from their Steam versions, that leaves these with a good chance to arrive on PS4 with trophy support somewhere down the line. Final Fantasy II is the only numbered main series title (Final Fantasy I has Windows Phone achievements) that has no achievements on any release. Even Tactics got achievements for its iOS and Androide release (War of the Lions version).

The FF1 and FF2 GBA/PSP remakes were great. :) I hope to see those as well as the others.

Love me some FFV though, want to play that again. :D

I actually got a feeling they will be releasing these games quicker and quicker, but they will wait a bit between each, so people can complete one before they want another.

Edited by MMDE

57 minutes ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

I will never understand why people believe that Kingdom Hearts is "Press a button to win" on that note.  If you're playing those games like that, you clearly aren't playing on proud or critical and you definitely never fought any of the secret bosses. No way in hell man no way.

I've never encountered anyone who says KH is "Press a button to win". :S 

If you refer to what I said, then what if you skipped those secret bosses, or the proud playthrough, and was level 100 without actually putting in the work, didn't actually do most of the Mushroom XIII etc. And then expect to get trophies for it. That's what I'm talking about.

Edited by MMDE

22 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I've never encountered anyone who says KH is "Press a button to win". :S 

If you refer to what I said, then what if you skipped those secret bosses, or the proud playthrough, and was level 100 without actually putting in the work, didn't actually do most of the Mushroom XIII etc. And then expect to get trophies for it. That's what I'm talking about.

I've met a lot of people like that, but they primarily believe that about most Action Rpgs.

A lot of action RPGs come with "press a button to win" difficulties nowadays.

For example, Tales of Berseria can be quite challenging in the higher difficulties, but it also has a "Simple" difficulty which gets rid of one of the main aspects in the combat (elemental and type weaknesses) and makes enemies very passive. You can put every character in auto, so the AI controls them, and they'll win every batlle easily. The difficulty itself is described as "for those who just want to enjoy the story".

I've been playing FF IV recently and I looked up a grind spot because the difficulty spike close to the end was pretty high. In those topics about grinding I saw some people saying stuff like "I want to grind enough so auto battle can win every battle for me, I don't want to have to pay attention". I still don't understand why the heck do those people even play the game if they just want it to auto play itself. Might as well just watch a let's play and enjoy the commentary of someone...

Edited by AndresLionheart

40 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

A lot of action RPGs come with "press a button to win" difficulties nowadays.

For example, Tales of Berseria can be quite challenging in the higher difficulties, but it also has a "Simple" difficulty which gets rid of one of the main aspects in the combat (elemental and type weaknesses) and makes enemies very passive. You can put every character in auto, so the AI controls them, and they'll win every batlle easily. The difficulty itself is described as "for those who just want to enjoy the story".

I've playing FF IV recently and I looked up a grind spot because the difficulty spike close to the end was pretty high. In those topis about grinding I saw some people saying stuff like "I want to grind enough so auto battle can win every battle for me, I don't want to have to pay attention". I still don't understand why the heck do those people even play the game if they just want it to auto play itself. Might as well just watch a let's play and enjoy the commentary of someone...

You'd be surprised how many people play rpgs just for the story and not for the gameplay

21 hours ago, MMDE said:

Let's just get this straight from the get-go. If the boosters and cheats were disabling the trophies, you would still be able to play through the game and enjoy that, but if you wanted the trophies, you'd actually have to earn them.

This was clearly directed at me, probably over personal reasons, so I'll be a tiny bit personal as well. I'm totally fine with speedhack boost for example, even no encounter is cool, but breaking the battle system with always doing max damage so most of the game is a press a button to win is not just silly, but I find it rather insulting to the player base.

Yeah, I know what you like to do in RPGs. I've seen enough of that. In FFXIII-2, I've seen enough cases of exactly what you had, and I know the exact reason for it, same with KH2, KH1 etc. You like to just press a button to win, not actually play the games.

There's no need for any of these boosters in FF8, it's already made in such a way that there's absolutely no need for it, as I pointed out in my last post.

If you don't have the time to play an RPG, that's on you. If I wanted to cheat these games, I'd do it with an emulator on PC, and I wouldn't expect to get trophies for it. I've already beat these games to completion multiple times over. Like the achievement list for FF8 on steam, that trophy list is piss easy. I always do every single requirement there anyway. It's stuff like giving a shit about the card game, or collecting the limit breaks for one of your characters. Get all the summons. If actually playing these games aren't your thing, that's on you. I'll be getting the games for the trophies alone. They will be a motivator to play through the games once again and do most of what the games has to offer, like it should be. I was looking forward to getting pushed through FF9 in 12 hours and put myself into all the strategies etc, but now it's just a joke. The platinum won't be any easier for you though, because they decided to add the one trophy I actually didn't want to see, the 10k rope jump. I don't think I'm the only one getting a bit turned off by that one trophy, but with the cheats, it might as well be, because then the platinum will be for those earned it, not just those who used a downloaded save or enabled a cheat. Else, the FF9 trophy list is fine by me! :) 

The FF1 and FF2 GBA/PSP remakes were great. :) I hope to see those as well as the others.

Love me some FFV though, want to play that again. :D

I actually got a feeling they will be releasing these games quicker and quicker, but they will wait a bit between each, so people can complete one before they want another.

geeze dude you have abit of an ego i wasnt refering to you explitly but to everyone whos complaining and bringing up old disputes is seriously un called for. just because you have a god cmplex and refuse to believe people and go for the guilty until oh wait ud need a billion people 14 videos and a bribe to go for the not guilty thing but still the fact u actually think i was talking about you..... is funny it shows u actually do have a stick up ur butt when it comes to me and thats sad am i really to expect you to chime in and throw dirty laundry every time i post in a thread? is that how this site is run that if someone has disputes it gives people the right to harass? just seriously ive left it in the past id like for u and your cohorts to aswell forget i exist you have done plenty to hurt me so just stop. 

12 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

geeze dude you have abit of an ego i wasnt refering to you explitly but to everyone whos complaining

Let me quote you.

On 9/23/2017 at 1:05 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

and i keep noticing one person in these forums its like they post every few lines with stuff like i hope they make these boosts block trophiesIIII and they moan and groan like they themself havnt taken the easy way out on many games heres some news if ur against the boosts dont use them its that easy and also why do these people feel they need to post nearly the same thing over and over and over and over maybe not the same exact words but the same sentiment like either they forgot they posted 10 other times or they really just like upping there post count or something some people actually like the boosts get passed it :D

Do you see that? "one person"

We both know that's me you're referring to, and I keep saying this because I absolutely love the games, and I'm frustrated they mess up the trophies like that. :(

12 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

bringing up old disputes is seriously un called for. just because you have a god cmplex and refuse to believe people and go for the guilty until oh wait ud need a billion people 14 videos and a bribe to go for the not guilty thing but still the fact u actually think i was talking about you..... is funny it shows u actually do have a stick up ur butt when it comes to me and thats sad am i really to expect you to chime in and throw dirty laundry every time i post in a thread? is that how this site is run that if someone has disputes it gives people the right to harass? just seriously ive left it in the past id like for u and your cohorts to aswell forget i exist you have done plenty to hurt me so just stop. 

I think it's easy to see the connection here. I came here to discuss FF8, chances for it's release, what I wanted to see from that release etc. Sure, you try to counter this, but you go pretty personal here as well, and it seems you're annoyed that people are against using cheats to make trophies easier. I'm just saying I know your attitude on the topic, because it's a clear pattern across most of your RPGs, and I'm saying I think this is wrong and I don't like it. Trophies are supposed to represent something you did in a game, not skipping it. Cheats disabling trophies would mean you could play the game just fine with the cheats enabled, but that if you wanted the trophies, you'd need to earn them. This is not what you seem to do though, you want the trophies made easy for you, not just play the game the way you want to. The latter is what you try to make an argument for, but the former is what you actually want.

Edited by MMDE