Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Xugashi

So yeah, it's happening!

This update will be free to already existing SFV owners but it will also come as a separate disc which will include season 1 and season 2 characters.

The update as a whole will include:

Arcade mode

Extra battle

Gallery mode

New UI

2 V-Triggers

And more to come!

Check out the official CFN site for more info:

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ae/

I like it. At least every edition coming out, we will get the features free, just not the characters but I dont play it much but still able to grab a few of the Season 2 chracters already with in-game money.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

19 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Still not going to change it fundamental flaws.  These new skill sets should help have different styles for people who play said characters, though.

I dunno man, loading times have significantly been sped up, I don't have to wait too long for a match, rage quitting has dropped significantly since release, so there's been some improvement. That said, everything in the shop is overpriced, you can't see how the colors you buy from the shop will look like so a display is in order, the majority of the costumes have to be bought through real money, character stories are bare bone af, some character designs are still questionable like Ken's face, some stages are still missing transitions, and an opening for when you start the game is still missing. These are the things I can see an improvement upon, the balance changes is in a different category IMO. 

35 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Waiting for Ultra Super Street Fighter V Arcade Edition. 

Yeah pretty sure we'll have one more disc release later on!

2 minutes ago, TrophyDad said:

any ideas if a separate trophy list

No mention of trophies yet!?

6 minutes ago, TrophyDad said:

any ideas if a separate trophy list

If its similar to Guilty Gear Revelator how you could buy the upgrade and your game becomes Rev2, then we may not get a new trophy list. But who knows...capcom might like to put more work into their product and give us a dlc/add trophylist....

9 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

I dunno man, loading times have significantly been sped up, I don't have to wait too long for a match, rage quitting has dropped significantly since release, so there's been some improvement. That said, everything in the shop is overpriced, you can't see how the colors you buy from the shop will look like so a display is in order, the majority of the costumes have to be bought through real money, character stories are bare bone af, some character designs are still questionable like Ken's face, some stages are still missing transitions, and an opening for when you start the game is still missing. These are the things I can see an improvement upon, the balance changes is in a different category IMO. 

I'm not talking about online.

Good, game is in sore need of a mix up in the gameplay, and the UI has been long overdue for an overhaul. I would have preferred an alternate super to the alternate V-Trigger though... though I should save judgment until I see it in action. Play it more or less everyday (local mode, don't really touch online) along with USFIV, so this is actually good news!

I was hoping a new edition would have included a bunch of characters though... the 6 a year is painfully slow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkyMason said:

Good, game is in sore need of a mix up in the gameplay, and the UI has been long overdue for an overhaul. I would have preferred an alternate super to the alternate V-Trigger though... though I should save judgment until I see it in action. Play it more or less everyday (local mode, don't really touch online) along with USFIV, so this is actually good news!

I was hoping a new edition would have included a bunch of characters though... the 6 a year is painfully slow.

Afraid you'll have to wait a while until the final roster since SFV's roster is supposedly gonna surpass USFIV's roster! Though I absolutely agree on the painful wait, just gimme Sakura already!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Afraid you'll have to wait a while until the final roster since SFV's roster is supposedly gonna surpass USFIV's roster! Though I absolutely agree on the painful wait, just gimme Sakura already!

Hahaha. I'm actually a big fan of Sakura as well! Crazy how she isn't in the roster already.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, Xugashi said:

Afraid you'll have to wait a while until the final roster since SFV's roster is supposedly gonna surpass USFIV's roster!

Not too sure about that, since USFIV contained 44 characters, whereas SFV has only just reached 28 now.  I can't see Capcom giving us another 16+ fighters unless they really speed up the rate of release - at the current rate of 1 fighter every 2 months or so, it'll take almost 3 years for SFV to surpass 44 characters.  Even the most diehard fans just won't care anymore by that point.

Anyway, we really need more series mainstays like Sagat, Sakura, Fei-Long, Dan, and a few SFIII folks like Elena and Q.

1 hour ago, StewartBros said:

Not too sure about that, since USFIV contained 44 characters, whereas SFV has only just reached 28 now.  I can't see Capcom giving us another 16+ fighters unless they really speed up the rate of release - at the current rate of 1 fighter every 2 months or so, it'll take almost 3 years for SFV to surpass 44 characters.  Even the most diehard fans just won't care anymore by that point.

Anyway, we really need more series mainstays like Sagat, Sakura, Fei-Long, Dan, and a few SFIII folks like Elena and Q.

Well that's what they said, but as we all know actions speak louder than words! At least we'll get season 3 which will bring the roster up to 34, and I'm completely ok with that number! My wishlist for season 3 is Sakura, Sagat, Oro, Makoto, Eagle and Gen.

I KNEW CAPCOM was going to pull this stunt!! They didn't fool me when they said they wasn't going to release another version of SF5. They have WAY TOO much of a track record with their history of releasing different versions of the same Street Fighter game. I'm so glad I waited for this. Just waiting on Ultra Street Fighter 5. They better give me Sagat!! :shakefist:

9 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I KNEW CAPCOM was going to pull this stunt!! They didn't fool me when they said they wasn't going to release another version of SF5. They have WAY TOO much of a track record with their history of releasing different versions of the same Street Fighter game. I'm so glad I waited for this. Just waiting on Ultra Street Fighter 5. They better give me Sagat!! :shakefist:

They're not the same game, though.....

48 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

It's highly possible that the first character (to be announced on December) will be Sagat. So first character for the third Season (not included on Arcade Edition).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 5:38 PM, kidson2004 said:

Owners of vanilla SFV don't need to pay to upgrade, so they didn't lie when they said balance and system adjustments will be always be free and that's exactly what AE is. DLC characters can also be earned with fight money, which isn't the case with any other big fighting game right now.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Phil said:

First character is all but been announced to be Sakura. There are plenty of signs for it. Lots of videos online of Capcom dropping cherry blossoms at conferences and whatnot. I'm sure you guys will get your wish.

@grimydawg I thought you liked SF5? What happened?

Not enough variety, too offensive-minded, input lag, etc.

4 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Not enough variety, too offensive-minded, input lag, etc.

I will have to agree on the offensive-minded part, not a lot of defensive options in this game. Online works fine compared to other fighting games in my opinion but the pair ups don't make sense. I'm a platinum rank and I get more super diamond ranked opponents than opponents around my rank, like WTF!? I'm sure the variety part will come with the new V-triggers and the great amount of new modes to come. When season 4 wraps up that's when the game will be in it's complete form I believe.

1 minute ago, Xugashi said:

I will have to agree on the offensive-minded part, not a lot of defensive options in this game. Online works fine compared to other fighting games in my opinion but the pair ups don't make sense. I'm a platinum rank and I get more super diamond ranked opponents than opponents around my rank, like WTF!? I'm sure the variety part will come with the new V-triggers and the great amount of new modes to come. When season 4 wraps up that's when the game will be in it's complete form I believe.

I'm a super diamond on another account myself.  It's bothersome when I beat scrubs for ten points, yet I'll lose 100+ if I lose, then they get salty, if I don't give them a run back LOL

• Like 1