PSN Friends dont respond

Cobraman70

Others have said it but when people message me online I have to stop what I am doing (and remember you can't pause online games) and type out my response. Now I can type at 75WPM on a keyboard but I don't have a keyboard so I have to type out using my DS3 and that takes forever. 

It is why I ask people when I boost to just use the messaging system on PSNP because that way it would work so much better...very few take me at my suggestion.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:40 AM, Nitro said:

I don't like when people use either one of those lol. It's all about voice communication nowadays.

No one ever wants to use a Mic though. As I mentioned in my response it takes forever for me to type something out on my controller (and I don't have a smart phone) but whenever I ask "do you have a mic" they respond with "it's not charged, no, what's the point etc" very frustrating :(

1 hour ago, Feral said:

They're probably trying to enjoy the game their playing and answering messages from a stranger is annoying when playing.

And that is the last main thing :) People often forget that someone they added months ago for a boosting session isn't really their friend. I will happily boost with you again but I don't know you and you are distracting me while I am playing with someone else. 

You are part of this great site. Find people on here you like and you can always use the PM here to talk to them as well. 

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 1:39 AM, Seakuper said:

I have some Friends. But some never respond on massages. Do the receive the message or they igorne me. I have some them. On different account also but the some..:p

Hey, I know a lot of people trolled your thread, which is weird because most people on these forums are nice. Even some of the people trolling are usually nice, guess they having a bad day. Also they don't seem to understand that English is not your primary language. Don't get discouraged.

But if you want, I'll be your friend, and not out of some misguided sense of pity, but because I just feel like it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It is why I ask people when I boost to just use the messaging system on PSNP because that way it would work so much better...very few take me at my suggestion.

No one ever wants to use a Mic though. As I mentioned in my response it takes forever for me to type something out on my controller (and I don't have a smart phone) but whenever I ask "do you have a mic" they respond with "it's not charged, no, what's the point etc" very frustrating :(

Just ask me Mayus our bromance needs a revitilisation and i'd love to hear your sexy voice.

14 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm guessing the OP has either figured out something or just didn't care about his question enough, sense they haven't responded back to anyone since Wednesday. 

Pot meet kettle? 

I think it was the massages he was giving them that he was talking about in the opening post. Maybe it was some kind of weird video messaging.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Just ask me Mayus our bromance needs a revitilisation and i'd love to hear your sexy voice.

I think it was the massages he was giving them that he was talking about in the opening post. Maybe it was some kind of weird video messaging.

We need a Multiplayer We Play :D Maybe Secret of Mana

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

We need a Multiplayer We Play :D Maybe Secret of Mana

He did you ever play the rest of the MGS games? If you still haven't beaten Peacewalker I can help you with that. I guess there's no reason to not move on to the rest of the series ASAP, as regardless I need to finish all the games anyway.

When is secret of mana out is it any time soon I assumed it was single player. I thought that was the one with the boy and his dog, but apparently its not that.

Either way my backlog is stupidly large and i get hundreds of games to finish i'm sure a few are multiplayer so just let me know if you're having a hard time finding coop partners, my sleeping pattern is fucked if you couldn't tell. I'd normally never choose o be up at this time on a sunday morning.

4 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

He did you ever play the rest of the MGS games? If you still haven't beaten Peacewalker I can help you with that. I guess there's no reason to not move on to the rest of the series ASAP, as regardless I need to finish all the games anyway.

When is secret of mana out is it any time soon I assumed it was single player. I thought that was the one with the boy and his dog, but apparently its not that.

Either way my backlog is stupidly large and i get hundreds of games to finish i'm sure a few are multiplayer so just let me know if you're having a hard time finding coop partners, my sleeping pattern is fucked if you couldn't tell. I'd normally never choose o be up at this time on a sunday morning.

I never got around to playing any of the MGS games :( My backlog is also really really large.

Secret of Mana is 3 players. It is one of the few games that ever used the Multi-Tap for the Snes. You are thinking of Secret of Evermore which is also a great game :).

The game is coming out in March but the Store is saying 55$...which better be a typo

Edited by Dr_Mayus

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I never got around to playing any of the MGS games :( My backlog is also really really large.

Secret of Mana is 3 players. It is one of the few games that ever used the Multi-Tap for the Snes. You are thinking of Secret of Evermore which is also a great game :)

Don't worry dude I got you covered, have you got your backlog anywhere, I'll let you know if there's anything I feel like doing soon. We can do the MGS games if you want, I own 7 or 8 atelier games, 5 or 6 tales games, and so much oher stuff thats go online multiplayer its ridiculous. My trophy list doesnt show my whole game collection. People seem to like Last of Us have you got remastered you could do that and then do the online together.

Oh well at least I was remembering the right game series I didn't actually play that one but I remember thinking it looked really cool.

Yeah if its comes out at $55 i'm not buying that.

Edited by Superbuu3

24 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Don't worry dude I got you covered, have you got your backlog anywhere, I'll let you know if there's anything I feel like doing soon. We can do the MGS games if you want, I own 7 or 8 atelier games, 5 or 6 tales games, and so much oher stuff thats go online multiplayer its ridiculous. My trophy list doesnt show my whole game collection. People seem to like Last of Us have you got remastered you could do that and then do the online together.

Oh well at least I was remembering the right game series I didn't actually play that one but I remember thinking it looked really cool.

Yeah if its comes out at $55 i'm not buying that.

I don't know if I will get to the MSG games :( How is the MP in Peacewalker? Basically most of my backlog is on my psn list...I am trying to get my completion up.

As for Mana, I originally paid 100 back in the day when it first came out but I will not pay 55 for it. That is way too much

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't know if I will get to the MSG games :( How is the MP in Peacewalker? Basically most of my backlog is on my psn list...I am trying to get my completion up.

As for Mana, I originally paid 100 back in the day when it first came out but I will not pay 55 for it. That is way too much

Peacewalker is fully coop I think apart from the tutorial. I love it as much as every other MGS. I've already beaten the main story so if you suck I can put on higher level stuff and help, lthough I'll likely just use the tranq gun. Its just such a great game although for MP chat we'd probably want to use something other than PS3 chat as it does that thing where it boots you out of the match after you fininsh a mission. All the bosses in the game are 4 player everything else is two player. If we can get a we play going with 4 people at least that would be perfect.

Just now, Superbuu3 said:

Peacewalker is fully coop I think apart from the tutorial. I love it as much as every other MGS. I've already beaten the main story so if you suck I can put on higher level stuff and help, lthough I'll likely just use the tranq gun. Its just such a great game although for MP chat we'd probably want to use something other than PS3 chat as it does that thing where it boots you out of the match after you fininsh a mission. All the bosses in the game are 4 player everything else is two player. If we can get a we play going with 4 people at least that would be perfect.

I don't know. I don't really like stealth games very much...I played MGS3 for about an hour and 55 minutes of that was story. I was so bored I turned it off and vowed to come back to it. That was 3 years ago.

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't know. I don't really like stealth games very much...I played MGS3 for about an hour and 55 minutes of that was story. I was so bored I turned it off and vowed to come back to it. That was 3 years ago.

Its not really stealth in the traditional sense as you there's two of you so most the time one of the two of you will have a shot on the guy, theres only a couple of pure stealth missions. Most of the time you get spotted its due to incompetence on both people's part. In single player it would probably end up being a lot more stealth heavy, majority of the story missions I run through also as it was originally a psp game the areas are small and not many enemies.

Are you trying to 100% all your games?

Looking at your list am mmissing the trophies you are for LBP2. I'd be up for a We play of the PoP HD collection, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, XCOM enemy unknown I need to do my iron man run i think. I've got hot shots golf vita so let me know if that has a versus trophy as we'd need to do that before servers close. I'll help you with Streets of Rage 2 if you want to 100% on that its my favourite game of all time.

9 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Its not really stealth in the traditional sense as you there's two of you so most the time one of the two of you will have a shot on the guy, theres only a couple of pure stealth missions. Most of the time you get spotted its due to incompetence on both people's part. In single player it would probably end up being a lot more stealth heavy, majority of the story missions I run through also as it was originally a psp game the areas are small and not many enemies.

Are you trying to 100% all your games?

Looking at your list am mmissing the trophies you are for LBP2. I'd be up for a We play of the PoP HD collection, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, XCOM enemy unknown I need to do my iron man run i think. I've got hot shots golf vita so let me know if that has a versus trophy as we'd need to do that before servers close. I'll help you with Streets of Rage 2 if you want to 100% on that its my favourite game of all time.

Oh I can't 100% all my games. Most I don't own anymore, or the dlc I will not buy or the servers closed :(

As for MSG...I just really didn't like what I played. I think the series was hyped up so much that I was really disappointed when I finally played some of it. That being said I said the same thing about Mass Effect 2 and when I finally went back to that game I enjoyed it...still not "the greatest game ever" but it was playable. So maybe I will like MSG if I decide to go back to it.

I was just thinking of playing Hot Shots again, like literally an hour ago so that is a possibility. Streets of Rage could be fun to play as well. I like Beat em Ups :).

I also really want to 100% all the LBP games so if you can help with anything I am missing let me know :D.

Finally, do you have Minecraft on PS3? I thought I remember you making Trophy Videos for that and there are about 8 trophies I still need to get. Just wondering if you have a world set up? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh I can't 100% all my games. Most I don't own anymore, or the dlc I will not buy or the servers closed :(

As for MSG...I just really didn't like what I played. I think the series was hyped up so much that I was really disappointed when I finally played some of it. That being said I said the same thing about Mass Effect 2 and when I finally went back to that game I enjoyed it...still not "the greatest game ever" but it was playable. So maybe I will like MSG if I decide to go back to it.

I was just thinking of playing Hot Shots again, like literally an hour ago so that is a possibility. Streets of Rage could be fun to play as well. I like Beat em Ups :).

I also really want to 100% all the LBP games so if you can help with anything I am missing let me know :D.

Finally, do you have Minecraft on PS3? I thought I remember you making Trophy Videos for that and there are about 8 trophies I still need to get. Just wondering if you have a world set up? 

OK good because i can't be bothered to 100% most things lol. Well i got a move and vita and those DLC so we can work something out i'm not quite sure how those work online like do both of us have to use a move each or a vita each. MGS is really good, but the story only makes sense if you've played a few of the games and MGS 3 is pretty much assuming you know what Big Boss's future holds so I wouoldnt be surprised if the story would seem godawful, especially as Ocelots presence would be meaningless, whereas for MGS fans that would be enough to make fans scream. I mean I wouldnt advise skipping the story, but te gameplay alone is enough for it to deserve its praise, it still plays decently, but at the time the hunting was an insanely huge deal as was the camo index, which i don't think other games have at all. Mass Effect 2 is horrendously overrated, I think at the time it was launched on xbox 360 when it first came up it wouldve seemed like a big deal, but by the time it got on PS3 and especially now it feels dated. The world is cool though.

I love hot shots golf I was thinking about it because the PS4 one is coming out now. Sure just tell me when you wanna do Streets of Rage 2 and i'll be up for it beat em ups are my favourite genre. I really should've bought Warriors I really want to play that again, but i got no one to spllit screen with like right now.  Yeah I used to do trophy videos I don't have a world set up but i guess it never hurts to do taht for my channel i'll see if they are something i can setup.

49 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I played MGS3 for about an hour and 55 minutes of that was story. I was so bored I turned it off and vowed to come back to it. That was 3 years ago.

? you didn't like my favorite mgs game?? 

I doubt you'd like many of them then, mgs3 is arguably the best in the series imo. :/

On 10/13/2017 at 9:21 PM, ivangutjahr said:

one of the best post here on PSNprofiles LMAO 1f602.png

My opinion: if u dont get an answer maybe they are not ur friends after all. If you meet those online, you cant add random ppl from internet and expect they answering everything.

ThanksxD

But in all seriousness I've deleted many "PSN FRIENDS" from my list and try to keep it to a minimum of 50. Why on earth would someone want 300 to 400 friends. If I'm not interacting with that PSN FRIEND in the last few months I just delete. Keeping the list small also allows me to interact with them and see what they up to. 

But you 100% right

22 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

1f628.png you didn't like my favorite mgs game?? 

I doubt you'd like many of them then, mgs3 is arguably the best in the series imo. :/

Like I said I played for about an hour and pretty much skipped most of the story (because the dialog is horribly written) and the first mission. I then quit playing because I felt another story was coming up...and then I realized I was logged into my ALT account so I am glad I didn't play much more as I wasn't making any progress on my main Dr_Mayus account :P

It might be better if I replayed it...but as a writer bad dialog and plot REALLY bothers me (unless it is so bad it becomes funny).

23 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

OK good because i can't be bothered to 100% most things lol. Well i got a move and vita and those DLC so we can work something out i'm not quite sure how those work online like do both of us have to use a move each or a vita each. MGS is really good, but the story only makes sense if you've played a few of the games and MGS 3 is pretty much assuming you know what Big Boss's future holds so I wouoldnt be surprised if the story would seem godawful, especially as Ocelots presence would be meaningless, whereas for MGS fans that would be enough to make fans scream. I mean I wouldnt advise skipping the story, but te gameplay alone is enough for it to deserve its praise, it still plays decently, but at the time the hunting was an insanely huge deal as was the camo index, which i don't think other games have at all. Mass Effect 2 is horrendously overrated, I think at the time it was launched on xbox 360 when it first came up it wouldve seemed like a big deal, but by the time it got on PS3 and especially now it feels dated. The world is cool though.

I love hot shots golf I was thinking about it because the PS4 one is coming out now. Sure just tell me when you wanna do Streets of Rage 2 and i'll be up for it beat em ups are my favourite genre. I really should've bought Warriors I really want to play that again, but i got no one to spllit screen with like right now.  Yeah I used to do trophy videos I don't have a world set up but i guess it never hurts to do taht for my channel i'll see if they are something i can setup.

I am not totally sure about LBP2 but I think if one person has the move and the other uses the controller it works. i don't know but I would like to try it out this week sometime if you have time :)

I would guess it just comes down to Life.

If you work for alot of hours and have stuff to do and you only get 3 hours of Me time then you would not sit and answer 15 messages but instead play a game or watch the TV, atleast that's how I see it as. Alot of my friends have their own thing going on and I respect that, it's for the better.

I always try and respond to friends and people overall but sometimes you forget or having an exhausting day you know.

I have medical conditions that make talking "Voice" hard to do just like that and needs to be on a good day where I got the strength for it so I often feel like a complete moron for not joining party chat because I know how it's like on both ends, we've all been there.

Also as some people mentioned before, if you play online games which in nature are action heavy and requires quick inputs you can't really respond to anything besides "Ok"

Don't beat yourself up if someone does not respond, they most likely have a good reason.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Not talking about PSN voice communication. Talking about Discord, mumble, Teamspeak etc.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am not totally sure about LBP2 but I think if one person has the move and the other uses the controller it works. i don't know but I would like to try it out this week sometime if you have time :)

I should be able to do that. Although i need to make sure my move is still working I think i have the Cross controller LBP thing o my vita I need to double check. However I just realised something we're playing very far apart and LBP has notoriously laggy online.

3 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

I should be able to do that. Although i need to make sure my move is still working I think i have the Cross controller LBP thing o my vita I need to double check. However I just realised something we're playing very far apart and LBP has notoriously laggy online.

LBP2 should be fine though. It was when LBP left Media Molecule that it turned shitty. And if I can plat LBP3 and Karting with people online I should hopefully be able to do 2 :)

We will see though, and if it is too bad we can figure something else out