200 Platinum Video Collection

HailHale81

I am no stranger to plat videos (I am actually working on my 200th video right now) 48 minutes is way too long. It is an OK job but a Montage video should really only feature 1 song. I am not going to watch the video the length of an episode of the Wire. 

That being said tell her to keep at it but to limit it to 1 song. 

23 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am no stranger to plat videos (I am actually working on my 200th video right now) 48 minutes is way too long. It is an OK job but a Montage video should really only feature 1 song. I am not going to watch the video the length of an episode of the Wire. 

That being said tell her to keep at it but to limit it to 1 song. 

Well I do agree that it's long and next time will do only a 100 or maybe 50 plats at a time. I don't agree with anything else you said since I wasn't going for a montage and I never said I was. I wanted it to show every plat in the order that I got them and show enough footage of every game so if people never played them it gives them an idea of what the game is. That way they might be interested in playing it.

Edited by HailHale81

7 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Wow A mmmmmmazing. What a fantastic momento to have of the journey. Pass on my congrats to her that must have been a lot of work. My favourite bit was definitely the " Put your hands up " and Sackboy throws the arms up. Fantastic man.

Hahaha thanks that was my idea to have that with that song. Was lucky enough to get footage for it and thanks for checking it out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MajroasMask said:

Aw, I think it's sweet that she made this for you and I think it's put together very well.

Thanks, she made it for my birthday. I know she worked hard and a lot of hours went into it so the nice words are welcomed.

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Having over 17,000 trophies is nothing to scoff at.

Haha yeah thanks. I think I need to go outside more haha

Edited by HailHale81
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

:facepalm:

How can you say it is OK if you didnt even watch it?

Do you really think yours is better than this one or was that just a tactic to get people to watch yours?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gigadexx said:

Very cool video it might of been a little long but that's not a very big deal. Your girl has some skillz making videos though.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah she worked really hard on it especially since that's not something she's used to like the audio mixing. Yeah it's long haha. I was eh screw it just do the 200 not thinking it be that long but now we know. If she does another i'll just ask for the next 50 or 100. 100 should be like 20 min so no that bad I think.

21 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Fun to watch, good montage. And ofcourse congrats on your milestone!

Thanks for the congrats and thanks for checking out the video. Much appreciated. I see you're close to 200. Any ideas what the plat will be?

Edited by HailHale81
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah she worked really hard on it especially since that's not something she's used to like the audio mixing. Yeah it's long haha. I was eh screw it just do the 200 not thinking it be that long but now we know. If she does another i'll just ask for the next 50 or 100. 100 should be like 20 min so no that bad I think.

Thanks for the congrats and thanks for checking out the video. Much appreciated. I see you're close to 200. Any ideas what the plat will be?

No idea, yet. i'll probably wing it and make it whatever i'm playing at that time. :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MomentsInTime said:

Really cool vid, she did a great job :) and congrats on so many plats!

Thanks for checking it out and the kind words. I know she appreciates it.

3 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

No idea, yet. i'll probably wing it and make it whatever i'm playing at that time. :D

Haha well that's one way of doing it but I see you play some nice games so I'm sure it will be a good one

16 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

Well I do agree that it's long and next time will do only a 100 or maybe 50 plats at a time. I don't agree with anything else you said since I wasn't going for a montage and I never said I was. I wanted it to show every plat in the order that I got them and show enough footage of every game so if people never played them it gives them an idea of what the game is. That way they might be interested in playing it.

Didn't you say someone else made the video? Why are you defending it as if you made it?

8 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Didn't you say someone else made the video? Why are you defending it as if you made it?

Well I was just pointing out to the person what the video was going for and what it wasn't. I was being nice to reply to him since he commented. Although I would defend something I like especially if a friend or loved one or family member made something for me and I liked it. Don't people defend music, movies, and games they like and argue about them? I mean that's what most sites are based on haha and this is more personal so of course I defended it sort of. Also yes I didn't technically make it but I did pick out all the songs, order of the songs, picked out footage on some games since she never played them and came up with funny scenes to match music like dead pool and goat. So I was like a Director haha. She obviously deserves all the credit though cause she put a lot of hard work into it.

23 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Well I was just pointing out to the person what the video was going for and what it wasn't. I was being nice to reply to him since he commented. Although I would defend something I like especially if a friend or loved one or family member made something for me and I liked it. Don't people defend music, movies, and games they like and argue about them? I mean that's what most sites are based on haha and this is more personal so of course I defended it sort of. Also yes I didn't technically make it but I did pick out all the songs, order of the songs, picked out footage on some games since she never played them and came up with funny scenes to match music like dead pool and goat. So I was like a Director haha. She obviously deserves all the credit though cause she put a lot of hard work into it.

Ah, cool, I was just gonna call you out on taking credit for someone else's work =p. By the way you put it in your first post I thought it was a surprise she had for you, but I guess having access to so much footage wouldn't be easy without you noticing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mapa said:

:facepalm:

How can you say it is OK if you didnt even watch it?

Do you really think yours is better than this one or was that just a tactic to get people to watch yours?

I watched the first 10 minutes and thought it was well done...but not good enough to watch close to an hour of it. A montage video should be 1 song to tie the whole theme together. Not an entire album with video over top.

Also where did I say mine was better? I know I wrote a whole 4 sentences so I can see where you got lost...but maybe actually read a post before commenting on it :) Thanks.

18 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

Dude, I wasn't having a Go at you...but this is a forum board where people can give differing points of view. That being said...yes that is a montage. You might not want to call it a montage but when you take video and edit it together with music over top...that is what a montage is. 

Anyways I am happy you are happy with it...I just gave my opinion that a 48 minute montage of games is way too long to watch for the average viewer. 

• Like 3

Very nice gesture from your other half. 

Congrats :)

With my free time it will take me at least a decade to get there lol.

I thought I was going to get my 100th this but impossible. But I'll say that if one day I get 200 platinums my 200 will be Assassin Creed 2. Basically every hunter has that one hahaha.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndresLionheart said:

Ah, cool, I was just gonna call you out on taking credit for someone else's work =p. By the way you put it in your first post I thought it was a surprise she had for you, but I guess having access to so much footage wouldn't be easy without you noticing.

Haha it's cool I wasn't taking credit for it. Yeah it was a surprise at first and she put a lot of work into it but she wanted help picking out music and stuff so I knew about my gift by then so I helped with some stuff to ease the process.

33 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Very nice gesture from your other half. 

Congrats :)

With my free time it will take me at least a decade to get there lol.

I thought I was going to get my 100th this but impossible. But I'll say that if one day I get 200 platinums my 200 will be Assassin Creed 2. Basically every hunter has that one hahaha.

Yeah it was thanks for checking it out. Why don't you make Ac2 your 100th plat then? haha

13 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Haha it's cool I wasn't taking credit for it. Yeah it was a surprise at first and she put a lot of work into it but she wanted help picking out music and stuff so I knew about my gift by then so I helped with some stuff to ease the process.

Yeah it was thanks for checking it out. Why don't you make Ac2 your 100th plat then? haha

I have already reserved the spot for a grindy one, with multiplayer stuff that I still need to get, in fact kinda complicated because I need many people to launch the sessions. I hope to achieve it.

Have you planned any of your milestones?  Platinum 50? 100? Etc.

53 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Dude, I wasn't having a Go at you...but this is a forum board where people can give differing points of view. That being said...yes that is a montage. You might not want to call it a montage but when you take video and edit it together with music over top...that is what a montage is. 

Anyways I am happy you are happy with it...I just gave my opinion that a 48 minute montage of games is way too long to watch for the average viewer. 

I wasn't having a go at you either haha and just like you said I gave my opinion as well. You think what you think and I think what I think. This is what I wanted when I gave my input so you saying how a montage should be doesn't make it so. I know it's a bit long and I agreed with ya but this site isn't dedicated to the average anyone haha. We're all dedicated gamers so I think they will appreciate it and if they don't that's cool. Just wanted to share it

18 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

I can't imagine how long time this must have taken to edit, this is a very nice gesture for something you've put so much time and effort into.

Yeah I know she put lots of hours into editing all this stuff and finding footage and everything else. Good thing she didn't charge me lol. I had no idea how much work people do when they edit things. Now i know why movies take forever to come out after the filming is over haha.  Thanks for checking it out, much appreciated

8 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I have already reserved the spot for a grindy one, with multiplayer stuff that I still need to get, in fact kinda complicated because I need many people to launch the sessions. I hope to achieve it.

Have you planned any of your milestones?  Platinum 50? 100? Etc.

Yeah I planned most of my milestones by either it being a game I loved or a game I played with my girl or just being an ultra rare plat. I didn't know about this site when I first started gaming so my first milestones are random I think. This site made me change my gaming habits lol. Which game are you looking to get done for the 100? This site is perfect for getting people to help with it

• Like 1