To activate games or not

theSpirae

Do you activate games right away or not?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you activate games right away or not?

• Yes
    • No

On 10/22/2017 at 6:36 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I activate it immediately, but that's because I don't buy a new game until I'm finished with my current one. After I'm done with something I'll maybe take a few hours to read reviews and watch videos before deciding what to do next before I go and buy something, so I don't even have the game to activate once I'm done with whatever I've just finished. 

I don't like having a stack of games waiting for me for play, it makes me feel like I have to rush and my take it slow and explore everything approach isn't suited to speeding through games. I'd much rather play one game for a few weeks or even months on end than cram a few into a short period of time. So to answer the question, yes, I activate them immediately because I'm too OCD to let a backlog build up :P 

Oh, how I wish I was like that. I see a game on sale, knowing there's a pretty low chance of it getting any lower, I buy it. My backlog on Steam is over 1 000, and here on PS4 after 4 months is already over 60. I think I should see a doctor ;)

On 26/10/2017 at 2:31 AM, theSpirae said:

Oh, how I wish I was like that. I see a game on sale, knowing there's a pretty low chance of it getting any lower, I buy it. My backlog on Steam is over 1 000, and here on PS4 after 4 months is already over 60. I think I should see a doctor ;)

I sometimes browse through sales but I guess it doesn't really matter to me if I miss out on a deal since I don't buy games as often as the average player. I'll maybe spend £10 - £20 on a game every few weeks or months. With the exception of MGSV and TWD Season Three all of my games were over a year old at least when I bought them, so already they were all half price or less. I know I'm missing out on a lot of awesome games, but I only have a few hours to play each week because of work and I go out a lot too. If I did buy multiple games at once there's a good chance it'd pile up to the point I'd never get around to playing some of them so that's my money wasted. 

Good luck with your Steam/PS4 backlog, that amount of games would probably last me several lifespans :lol: 

Initially I wouldn't load games on purchase to keep my list from being flooded with 0% completions, but for the most part I've gotten over that especially since having everything on list lets me know of collaborative or boosting sessions.  That being said I don't auto load that much due to HD space limitations.

So I guess I fit into both camps.

I have over 100 in my library but I've only activated half of them. I buy games when they go on sale and save them for later...or in special cases I go to a game right away if its one I've been looking to play for a long time. 

I'm fairly new to the PS4, so my answer probably means less than the more experienced people here, but no, I don't add them until I'm ready to play (and plat) them.

I like to get games to full completion before moving on to the next game, so having a bunch of games at 0% would really bother me. I accidentally put Final Fantasy Type-0 in on my main account (bought it second hand and wanted to test it was working, but meant to do so on my alt) and it's going to sit there for so long at 0%, and that really bugs me....

Discovered I can delete that...

I have 82 unstarted games though  so it'd take my average completion waaaaaaaaaayyyy down from 17/24 completed to 17/107, which is just a horrible number....

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 3:01 AM, Kristycism said:

I'm fairly new to the PS4, so my answer probably means less than the more experienced people here, but no, I don't add them until I'm ready to play (and plat) them.

I like to get games to full completion before moving on to the next game, so having a bunch of games at 0% would really bother me. I accidentally put Final Fantasy Type-0 in on my main account (bought it second hand and wanted to test it was working, but meant to do so on my alt) and it's going to sit there for so long at 0%, and that really bugs me....

I have 82 unstarted games though (81 if you remove FF Type-0 from the list) so it'd take my average completion waaaaaaaaaayyyy down from 17/25 completed to 17/107, which is just a horrible number....

You cam remove 0% games from your profile until you’re ready to play them