To activate games or not

theSpirae

Do you activate games right away or not?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you activate games right away or not?

• Yes
    • No

i'm extremely careful now on what i download and complete. it's no more than 1 game at a time (learned a lesson on my ps3) still have games i haven't completed.

i might make an exception if it is a daily grind such as rayman legends in which it required me to actually play for the day to get a gold trophy to advance to the highest rank (merely an example).

Edited by kingdrake2

I "activate" the digital code of anything, game or wallet fund, immediately out of paranoia someone may steal the code or I might lose it, etc.

I "activate" disc based games immediately too so they can download the inevitable patches and when I actually wanna play it they'll hopefully be ready later.

As for adding it to my profile, couldn't give a toss less.

I activate it immediately, but that's because I don't buy a new game until I'm finished with my current one. After I'm done with something I'll maybe take a few hours to read reviews and watch videos before deciding what to do next before I go and buy something, so I don't even have the game to activate once I'm done with whatever I've just finished. 

I don't like having a stack of games waiting for me for play, it makes me feel like I have to rush and my take it slow and explore everything approach isn't suited to speeding through games. I'd much rather play one game for a few weeks or even months on end than cram a few into a short period of time. So to answer the question, yes, I activate them immediately because I'm too OCD to let a backlog build up :P 

As for adding trophies to my trophy list, I don't do that. But I kind of do a similar thing when I purchase a Vita game physical or digital. I add the icon(s) for that game to my home screen. I would like to do that for PS4 but I'm still stuck with my 500GB hard drive.

I've got into the habit of always checking pre-owned games now just to make sure they work, since last month I tried firing up a copy of Yakuza Dead Souls which I brought back in April, which wouldn't fully install no matter what I tried. That ends up with me unintentionally activating them, but otherwise I tend to not really bother much with activating games I don't plan on playing any time soon. I rarely buy pre-owned games anyhow unless I can't find the game new, or the game is significantly cheaper pre-owned.

I only do so if I intend to actually play the game, which is usually most of the time... unless I fail to get a trophy on the game in the process.  Then it still sits there, the list at 0%.  But yeah, games get added to the library on my PS4, but again, only if I intend to play them straight away, which is pretty much all the time.

What? I have a big as backlog that's not going away anytime soon :P

Nope, I like to activate a game when I am ready to play it so it is a new experience. Activating it and leaving the game after a bit goes against my perception towards gaming. I'll get to the game eventually if I do want to play it, but I prefer to complete the games I am playing to get my money's worth. 

Only if a game has multiplayer trophies and mostly if that game is an old one. For example i got all mp trophies on Uncharted 3 Dlcs but I still have to play singleplayer mode, same for Crysis 2 and 3 and every uncompleted game on my backlog.

Edited by X_Wizi_X

I test all my games at least once. I created another account (UnTrophy) so I can try my games without worrying about trophies :) if I enjoy the game, I start those in my main account.

I need to test these games anyway since I buy a lot of pre-owned games from stores and I need tk check if they work.

I always tend to load it up check the intro.. Sometimes the intro motivates me more to play. Plus my friends can see what I have if they wanna coop something.