Two Birds, A Prehistoric Monkey, and a Springbok: Holiday 2017-2018 Platinum Race

Place your Bets!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

bannertest1.gif

Banner by Tearraven

Introduction

Welcome to the Holiday 2017-2018 backlog race! Starting 1 November (EST) and running until someone finishes all four games, the race will test each challenger in the FPS, RPG, and survival horror genres.

Contestants

Tearraven is trying to avenge his showing in THTL S6. Will we get the form that he showed during outstanding runs in the THL, or that which lead to him scoring like 10 points in 4 weeks for his team?

Prinny is trying to keep his grip on the all-time losses record in PSNP competitions, but he has to keep entering more and more competitions as Kent refuses to stop joining things (and losing them.)

Mesopithecus would get some trash talk here too but I don't fancy being tracked down by PSNP's resident private detective :ninja:

I am hoping not to get slagged too hard for such a terrible opening post, and for a trophy race where all the contestants *cough* Kent and Jem *cough* don't stop on the second day.

Games

Hb18FDY.gif

Game reel by Tearraven

We will be racing four games for an indeterminate amount of time: Metro 2033, Metro Last Light Redux, Resident Evil 0, and Lords of the Fallen. Lords of the Fallen DLC is not counted as part of the race, only the base list. The games do not have to be done in any order.

Current Scores

Tearraven - 80/195

Spoiler

Lords of the Fallen - 11/47

Metro 2033 - 50/50

Metro Last Light - 0/50

Resident Evil 0 - 19/48

Mesopithecus - 0/195

Spoiler

Lords of the Fallen - 0/47

Metro 2033 - 0/50

Metro Last Light - 0/50

Resident Evil 0 - 0/48

Andrea - 105/195

Spoiler

Lords of the Fallen - 0/47

Metro 2033 - 50/50

Metro Last Light - 50/50

Resident Evil 0 - 5/48

Man_with_wdjat - 8/195

Spoiler

Lords of the Fallen - 8/47

Metro 2033 - 0/50

Metro Last Light - 0/50

Resident Evil 0 - 0/48

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 4

Looks interesting, with all the races you do I wonder if you would consider doing something for charity. It's a great thing you can all play these games but why not give something back it doesn't have to be $, perhaps cross book it with some community service or donated time. Just a thought.

Edited by CjShai

Thanks for the votes of confidence, honestly didn't expect many people to vote for me ^_^

8 hours ago, CjShai said:

Looks interesting, with all the races you do I wonder if you would consider doing something for charity. It's a great thing you can all play these games but why not give something back it doesn't have to be $, perhaps cross book it with some community service or donated time. Just a thought.

I already volunteer time with a charity that is close to mine and my husbands hearts, as well as making monetary donations to other charities.  Thanks for the suggestion though

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thanks for the votes of confidence, honestly didn't expect many people to vote for me ^_^

I already volunteer time with a charity that is close to mine and my husbands hearts, as well as making monetary donations to other charities.  Thanks for the suggestion though

Most welcome, Goodluck.

Started with Resident Evil 0. Not gonna lie, I absolutely hate that I started with that game. Shifting over to Lords of the Fallen instead. Gah, Resident Evil is such a bad series in my opinion when it comes to controls/mechanics.

Edited by Tearraven

Let's check in on the contestants after 1 week:

1.) Andrea - 105/195. Metro 2033 and Last Light completed.

2.) Tearraven - 80/195. Metro 2033 completed.

3.) Prinny - 8/195.

4. Mesopithecus - 0/195.

It looks to be a two player race, but no one has conquered the bore that is Resident Evil 0 just yet, so it's still anyone's game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...