Mein Leben Runs.

On 1/26/2018 at 5:22 AM, Thropy_Hore said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the mods here are like YouTube – they try to fix shit & just make it worse  :lol:  i'll go ahead & re-post my original message since – unlike the others – it was 100% on-topic:

yea, that's exactly what I did, but I still got screwed. What should I have done differently?

I had the exact same problem as you with that horrible dog. Must have cut at least 3 of my runs short.

What I ended up doing was rather than trying to run from it, as soon as the gates open I shot it before running. For me, the dog ALWAYS sprinted over to me within 1-2 secs of the gate opening, so I would take a couple of steps back from the box I was hiding behind (assuming you've killed everyone of course) and then just fired to the left of the box, before the dog even turned up. 100% of the time, he would run into my fire and die immediately.

5 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Patch 1.06 says "Updating difficulty balancing" what does it means?Affects Mein Leben?

People are saying that apparently they feel like the difficulty has been adjusted to be a little easier across the lower difficulties, but I'd say that this doesn't affect Mein Leben. You still take the same level of heavy damage on Death Incarnate / Mein Leben after the patch.

I'm not sure if this means they also patched the Section F wall skip and others.

38 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

People are saying that apparently they feel like the difficulty has been adjusted to be a little easier across the lower difficulties, but I'd say that this doesn't affect Mein Leben. You still take the same level of heavy damage on Death Incarnate / Mein Leben after the patch

I figured that's what they'd do, as one of the things people complained about when the game released was that you'd still get wrecked on the lower difficulties if you weren't already aware of what to do. They already buffed Panzers in IADI without saying anything so doubt they'd actually do anything to make it easier. 

50 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Wait, really? Damn. That's cruel.

Not by much, they don't instantly die when you stealth kill them like they originally did. But it was still a change they made and didn't say anything about, and had no real reason to change in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, Gage said:

Not by much, they don't instantly die when you stealth kill them like they originally did. But it was still a change they made and didn't say anything about, and had no real reason to change in the first place. 

Oh, you mean the Supersoldats? Yeah, they definitely buffed them at some point. When I was on the train section and I cut the fuel cord on the first one, I would have to shoot a few extra pistol bullets into him to finish him off. He used to die instantly before that.

Just reached the Ausmerzer for the first time and i died stupidly in the section that has 2 captains right before the final fight, i have never ever been alerted there before so soon in all of my pratice. Damn was so damn close to give the final fight a try, does anyone have some tips for the last 3 captains of the game? i have seen some walkthroughs but i still think they use strats that are too dangerous for being so close to the end, if someone has some tips i would greatly appreciate it.

3 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Just reached the Ausmerzer for the first time and i died stupidly in the section that has 2 captains right before the final fight, i have never ever been alerted there before so soon in all of my pratice. Damn was so damn close to give the final fight a try, does anyone have some tips for the last 3 captains of the game? i have seen some walkthroughs but i still think they use strats that are too dangerous for being so close to the end, if someone has some tips i would greatly appreciate it.

Do you mean this bit? 

https://youtu.be/uOc6WUpOngo?t=2h58m3s

If so, I always followed what Kreeper did in the vid as much as possible. A lot of times I'd end up alerting the commanders when heading up the stairs, but as long as you're ready to just sprint to the door/ladder while gunning them down, you'll normally make it and as soon as you get up the ladder most things will despawn (except maybe the big robot but you can safely climb back down and kill him with the laser by leaning the door).

Honestly I don't know if there's a "safe" way of doing that area. Before I did ML I do remember dying a lot there trying to do more sneaky things, in the end I think it's actually less risky just to get through it and despawn everyone as fast as possible.

As a sidenote (and I don't know if this was to do with the "noisy" way in which I did it or not), I would often end up with the robo doggy running up to me after I climbed up the next ladder like you can see in the vid. I'd say 50% of the time when I killed it on the ladder (even with a suppressed weapon), it exploding would actually sound the alarm rather than just putting everyone on alert for a bit. On runs when that happened I actually then went back to the previous area and used the Sturmgewehr to snipe enemies (saw this on someone elses ML run). They can't fire back from that range so it's good for getting things back under control. Sometimes you can even kill the commander that way.

Edited by MrManiacB

26 minutes ago, MrManiacB said:

Do you mean this bit? 

https://youtu.be/uOc6WUpOngo?t=2h58m3s

If so, I always followed what Kreeper did in the vid as much as possible. A lot of times I'd end up alerting the commanders when heading up the stairs, but as long as you're ready to just sprint to the door/ladder while gunning them down, you'll normally make it and as soon as you get up the ladder most things will despawn (except maybe the big robot but you can safely climb back down and kill him with the laser by leaning the door).

Honestly I don't know if there's a "safe" way of doing that area. Before I did ML I do remember dying a lot there trying to do more sneaky things, in the end I think it's actually less risky just to get through it and despawn everyone as fast as possible.

As a sidenote (and I don't know if this was to do with the "noisy" way in which I did it or not), I would often end up with the robo doggy running up to me after I climbed up the next ladder like you can see in the vid. I'd say 50% of the time when I killed it on the ladder (even with a suppressed weapon), it exploding would actually sound the alarm rather than just putting everyone on alert for a bit. On runs when that happened I actually then went back to the previous area and used the Sturmgewehr to snipe enemies (saw this on someone elses ML run). They can't fire back from that range so it's good for getting things back under control. Sometimes you can even kill the commander that way.

Yeah the dog is real screwy there. I'm pretty sure it's set up to run at you no matter what happens prior, as I've got up there without the alarm and the dog always runs at me. Sitting back and sniping is pretty safe there as well, or if you get up the ladder and hide behind the box directly in front of the stairs and just shoot everything as it runs under the bridge thing. 

tfw you practice Panzerhund section 50+ times flawlessly & then on the actual run, you get dismounted halfway to the Factory & get exploded   ;_;

is there a more consistent approach to this part? more consistent than  50/51 i guess. i get the feeling it'd be safer on foot...

Edited by Thropy_Hore

9 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

tfw you practice Panzerhund section 50+ times flawlessly & then on the actual run, you get dismounted halfway to the Factory & get exploded   ;_;

is there a more consistent approach to this part? more consistent than  50/51 i guess. i get the feeling it'd be safer on foot...

Have you tried playing it safe and stay back taking out as many enemies as you can on the panzerhund? If you need armor, break the creates or shoot off the canisters on the back of the heavies if you didnt hit them when you killed them. That way you can quickly get your armor back up. I like to keep it somewhere between 500-600 if i can.

19 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

Honestly, this section sucks. I would have run Panzerhund on Mein Leben at least 20 times and in some situations I would be torn up by the enemies without any quick way to hide, retaliate or defend myself. Losing the robo-doggy usually happens only around 10% of the time but if it does, it leaves you in a very bad spot and you have to do the level on foot which is far scarier.

You should be able to kill the enemies in the first area with dog and then make a mad rush to the part where they despawn, but that's risky. It's usually what I did. I would fan the flames across the enemies and try and spray in the directions I was being shot from. If you get to the factory entrance with around 200 HP or more, you're looking pretty good. I actually lost my Panzerhund just before that on my successful run but still managed to clean up the enemies. If you do lose it and you've passed the first area (and despawned the enemies), it's still absolutely possible on foot if you take it slow and hide.

i switched my route & it seems to be working a lot more consistently. i was using MTF's route, but now I just go the "long" way & follow the road, thus avoiding the 2nd Heavy. i seem to always reach the Factory with 300–700 HP now, which is almost overkill since the Factory is a pretty mild section even on foot.

I worried about the Panzerhund section a lot at first but usually seemed to get through it just fine. I definitely agree that the damage you can take in the first section is massively variable. All it takes is missing or not quite killing one guy and they can end up shredding your health attacking you from behind.

And yeah as long as you get to the factory you're usually okay, even if you lose the doggy and do the rest on foot.

I talked to a speedrunner, and he asserted that his skips are compatible with PS4. I'm gonna try some out tonight; here's the video for those interested:

@Gage  im starting to think the spelling is intentional :blink:

edit: dont feel like spamming up the thread some more, but i got the trophy. now to do the NA stack... (maybe after a break)

Edited by Thropy_Hore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:

I talked to a speedrunner, and he asserted that his skips are compatible with PS4. I'm gonna try some out tonight; here's the video for those interested:

That speedrun is too OP for a PS4 lmao
After seeing some parts of the video this guy reminded me of someone ...

tenor.gif?itemid=5120447

You want some? come and get it b***
Nice video!

• Like 1

After one or two months of stop I re-took the game. I continued to have problem at the elevator part just before planting the nuke, but I finally managed to find a solution and I'm sure it's not going to be a problem from now on.

I reached and got past the courthouse with abyss method. I don't think this section will be a problem now, you can't basically get hit. Very easy. 

53 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Got it :) I'm glad i never gave up. I just want to say this, if anyone has the time to put in to practice the game a lot and the patience to do the same section over and over again and dying 2 hours in, you can do this trophy, i don't think i'm very good at the game, but i still put the time, sucked it up after each death and now here i am with my proudest plat yet. Good luck to everyone that goes for this and thanks to everyone that helped me i here with their very usefull tips.

Congrats dude :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Got it :) I'm glad i never gave up. I just want to say this, if anyone has the time to put in to practice the game a lot and the patience to do the same section over and over again and dying 2 hours in, you can do this trophy, i don't think i'm very good at the game, but i still put the time, sucked it up after each death and now here i am with my proudest plat yet. Good luck to everyone that goes for this and thanks to everyone that helped me i here with their very usefull tips.

Congrats man! 

• Like 2