Mein Leben Runs.

11 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Thanks for the heads up. On my only run I never bothered with that skip ( if its the skip I think you are on about ) I just played it safe and sat back.

Also congrats on getting the plat!!! Must have felt so good to finally see it pop.

Thanks, it was pretty damn satisfying! You'll definitely earn it as well if you keep at it.

What are the best strategies you guys have found for the end fight? I've been doing the Riot strategy from Falcon really consistently, until where you have to rush the last wave to the ladder, to which I can only do it 1/3 times.... Do you guys have any other methods for that last wave?

13 hours ago, ScubaSam01 said:

What are the best strategies you guys have found for the end fight? I've been doing the Riot strategy from Falcon really consistently, until where you have to rush the last wave to the ladder, to which I can only do it 1/3 times.... Do you guys have any other methods for that last wave?

13 hours ago, ScubaSam01 said:

The last rush to the ladder is the toughest part for sure.

If you're quick enough with your two kills and your grenade, you won't be damaged at all climbing the ladder. If you're a little slow, you'll probably take a hit from one of the bosses - but you'll be able to survive it. If you're extremely slow, you'll probably die while climbing up the ladder due to soldiers shooting you on top of the shot from the boss.

For what it's worth, I spent around ten seconds before I climbed the ladder because I missed it initially - I still made it up there, but I ate the blast from the boss and made it through. This strategy worked for me and every other one I tried led to my death, so I would practice this one as I think it's the most reliable (even with the final rush).

On 1/13/2018 at 0:13 AM, ScubaSam01 said:

My 100% effective strategy is to destroy the 3rd wave of heavy enemies and then down to the corridor, then what i do is go from cover to cover so as not to take shots from the enemies. after defeating them all i use laser on these 2 super soldiers. for some people may not be the best strategy, but at least it's not as risky and suicidal as throwing a grenade and climbing the stairs early on the fight

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 0:13 AM, ScubaSam01 said:

Try using bombs, like your grenades that are fully moded as they can stun them robots the rest is a good luck however if you got the rifle moded fully to be single fire with the more powerful shots you can tear down any of the normal robots if you use duel wield them and hide on the left side of the door that houses the bosses as only the bosses and the normal big guys who pop up close will be the only enemy to try and kill you the rest won't attack yet. To tell the truth it is best to kill when need be and hide and run to make it to win, I wish you luck though as I can't go there yet as I can't stand the pain of trying to get to the point I was as I quit trying to get this because of that, I might do it another time but yeah.

Ps: I know all of this thanks to me playing on I am death mode before trying mein laben.

Edited by KANERKB

7 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Damn. Is it only possible to have 10 saves when practicing i am death incarnate difficulty? Thats a shame. Would have preferred more but now i just have to make sure i dont overwrite any important saves.

I have one before the start of every area and just pratice every save 3 times without dying. That was my pratice, now that i'm into runs, every time I feel more and more confident that i can do this. My best attempt, was to Venus where i stupidly fell to my death. Today i did 2 runs, one where i reached Roswell and fell to my death trying to skip the elevator, which i had never failed before in all my pratice and the other died in New Orleans just before you escape, one enemy kicked me to death. 

My list of death is something like this.

Wheelchair section and Ausmerzer: too many

New York: 3

Roswell:3 

Courthouse:2

New Orleans:1

Venus:1

I might not beat anytime soon, but i feel like i can do it. And everyone trying to go for this trophy it's hard but not impossible for sure :)

Edited by andrehunter
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, andrehunter said:

I have one before the start of every area and just pratice every save 3 times without dying. That was my pratice, now that i'm into runs, every time I feel more and more confident that i can do this. My best attempt, was to Venus where i stupidly fell to my death. Today i did 2 runs, one where i reached Roswell and fell to my death trying to skip the elevator, which i had never failed before in all my pratice and the other died in New Orleans just before you escape, one enemy kicked me to death. 

My list of death is something like this.

Wheelchair section and Ausmerzer: too many

New York: 3

Roswell:3 

Courthouse:2

New Orleans:1

Venus:1

I might not beat anytime soon, but i feel like i can do it. And everyone trying to go for this trophy it's hard but not impossible for sure :)

I started doing mein leben, then when i die i would continue with my iadi difficulty playthrough and play up till the point i died on mein leben and practice that till i felt confident enough to not mess it up. Then id start over with mein leben, play up till the point i practiced and continue and if i died again i would continue with iadi once again and rinse repeat.

i died in new orleans right before getting on the uboat and this is just over 2 days of practice so im making alot of progress.

edit: instead of rushing past the two heavies to the burning building i shouldve just camped inside the house on the left, much safer. Not sure why you would increase the risk of being killed 2.5 hours into the run, so i will try that next time instead.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

7 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I started doing mein leben, then when i die i would continue with my iadi difficulty playthrough and play up till the point i died on mein leben and practice that till i felt confident enough to not mess it up. Then id start over with mein leben, play up till the point i practiced and continue and if i died again i would continue with iadi once again and rinse repeat.

i died in new orleans right before getting on the uboat and this is just over 2 days of practice so im making alot of progress.

edit: instead of rushing past the two heavies to the burning building i shouldve just camped inside the house on the left, much safer. Not sure why you would increase the risk of being killed 2.5 hours into the run, so i will try that next time instead.

Man you are a beast, only 2 days in and already reaching NO? that's really good, i'm one week in and i can now feel like i can reach the courthouse without much hassle that's the first real test in the run, then the bunker and NO are kind of easy, and then Venus is the problem again. 

Got a new PB today died in Venus in the room with the second robo dog, i failed so many headshots on the first guy that he heard the noise, came right over me, i was able to kill him but he exploded right in front of me, 8 HP left, and immediately got killed :(

2 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Man you are a beast, only 2 days in and already reaching NO? that's really good, i'm one week in and i can now feel like i can reach the courthouse without much hassle that's the first real test in the run, then the bunker and NO are kind of easy, and then Venus is the problem again. 

Got a new PB today died in Venus in the room with the second robo dog, i failed so many headshots on the first guy that he heard the noise, came right over me, i was able to kill him but he exploded right in front of me, 8 HP left, and immediately got killed :(

I practiced new orleans and venus all day today and only have the ausmerzer to practice. The first wave of the courthouse can mess up your run so easily but the rest of the courthouse fight isnt too bad. The real challenge is gonna be venus. Not really worried about the conveyor belt, im more worried about the stealth sections. The last thing you want after you is the robo dogs.

The robo dog you mentioned, is that the one near the end of venus? If its the one im thinking of, instead of stealth killing the last two guards which is too risky imo i would just shoot the robo dog first with your dual rifles with armor piercing ammo and then kill the guards after.

I've just recently completed the game on IADI and currently going for Mein Leben, is there any word of a patch to enable the skipping of the introduction? I hate that bloody wheelchair level sitting through the intro and then dying on that is so tedious and annoying.....

When I've got past that I've got to Roswell. I need more patience. 

20 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

I've just recently completed the game on IADI and currently going for Mein Leben, is there any word of a patch to enable the skipping of the introduction? I hate that bloody wheelchair level sitting through the intro and then dying on that is so tedious and annoying.....

When I've got past that I've got to Roswell. I need more patience. 

IMO the wheelchair part is the worst part of the game because of how vulnerable you are. ? There were multiple times in a row where I would die to the first two enemies that go into that initial room after you shoot the guy on the floor. I just play the entire part super safe just to make it past it. 

On 1/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, bezdomnekoty said:

Patience & Coffee is the key to everything in this game :D

Coffee actually helps alot when playing games that require alot of skill. I always drink coffee when im playing difficult games. It helps staying focused.

when youre 2 hours into the run and you mess up in an otherwise easy room by a stupid mistake is kind of heartbreaking lol i got spotted and instead of retreating to a previous room i panic and rush past the room by pure luck and get killed in the next room with little to no health which is also an easy room but i didnt shoot the other guard and got stuck on some stairs.

ill try again tomorrow. Not doing another 2 hour run today. 

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Well. I made it to the ausmerzer near the end of the game on mein leben and i die to something really stupid. Live and learn!

Don't let that discourage you. I made it to the final level (and the final boss) so many times before I made it out. One time I cleared a room and then sprinted right into an explosive canister and nuked myself.

You got this!

8 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Don't let that discourage you. I made it to the final level (and the final boss) so many times before I made it out. One time I cleared a room and then sprinted right into an explosive canister and nuked myself.

You got this!

Actually its quite the opposite. It just fuels my motivation even more to get it done lol but still sucks though. I will get it eventually.

anyone got a 100% guaranteed strat to survive the Courthouse dog?

i thought 7–10 hours of practicing Courtroom would pay off, and yet the very 1st time I manage to reach it, i get RNGashed because the mutt spawned abnormally close to me...

wanted this as plat #200 to continue the tradition of 10/10 difficulty plats every 100, but i'm now realizing that this plat's more comparable to Wheel of Fortune than SMB.

unless i can find a strategy that will work for 30 consecutive practice attempts, i think i'll move on to something more skill–dependent

23 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

anyone got a 100% guaranteed strat to survive the Courthouse dog?

i thought 7–10 hours of practicing Courtroom would pay off, and yet the very 1st time I manage to reach it, i get RNGashed because the mutt spawned abnormally close to me...

wanted this as plat #200 to continue the tradition of 10/10 difficulty plats every 100, but i'm now realizing that this plat's more comparable to Wheel of Fortune than SMB.

unless i can find a strategy that will work for 30 consecutive practice attempts, i think i'll move on to something more skill–dependent

When the gates open run as fast as you can to the top and the dog should be far behind you just turn over at the top and kill em all.