Mein Leben Runs.

Spoiler

the mods here are like YouTube – they try to fix shit & just make it worse  :lol:  i'll go ahead & re-post my original message since – unlike the others – it was 100% on-topic:

4 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

When the gates open run as fast as you can to the top and the dog should be far behind you just turn over at the top and kill em all.

yea, that's exactly what I did, but I still got screwed. What should I have done differently?

10 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:

anyone got a 100% guaranteed strat to survive the Courthouse dog?

i thought 7–10 hours of practicing Courtroom would pay off, and yet the very 1st time I manage to reach it, i get RNGashed because the mutt spawned abnormally close to me...

wanted this as plat #200 to continue the tradition of 10/10 difficulty plats every 100, but i'm now realizing that this plat's more comparable to Wheel of Fortune than SMB.

unless i can find a strategy that will work for 30 consecutive practice attempts, i think i'll move on to something more skill–dependent

This is what works for me everytime: after the first wave, i just rush upstairs to the corner room with two armor pickups and quickly turn around to shoot the dog. I shoot before it enters the corner and i hit it everytime.

like, i shoot before i know its gonna show up, 1-2 secs before you see it and it will run into your bullets.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the mods here are like YouTube – they try to fix shit & just make it worse  :lol:  i'll go ahead & re-post my original message since – unlike the others – it was 100% on-topic:

yea, that's exactly what I did, but I still got screwed. What should I have done differently?

I was using the second gate not the one on the video and the dog is far away when i'm on top of the stairs. Try using the second gate it's easier there. Look at this video and where the dog is.

This video is not mine just some random from YT

Edited by bezdomnekoty
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2018 at 10:36 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

Well. I made it to the ausmerzer near the end of the game on mein leben and i die to something really stupid. Live and learn!

You're getting there dude! I had 2 consecutive runs to the courthouse, first I died to a grenade I didn't see and second time I just screwed up badly.

This ma sound like a stupid question but do you know in the final fight do soldiers stop spawning or do they just infinitely spawn? From what I've played I am leaning to the latter.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

This ma sound like a stupid question but do you know in the final fight do soldiers stop spawning or do they just infinitely spawn? From what I've played I am leaning to the latter.

They stop spawning after you kill the two Zerstoters. I'm pretty sure before that they still spawn a few at a time regardless of how many you kill. 

1 hour ago, lynx_1985 said:

You're getting there dude! I had 2 consecutive runs to the courthouse, first I died to a grenade I didn't see and second time I just screwed up badly.

They stop spawning. It might look like theres an infinite amount of them but there isnt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gage said:

They stop spawning after you kill the two Zerstoters. I'm pretty sure before that they still spawn a few at a time regardless of how many you kill. 

3 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

They will stop spawning that's how i did it i killed like 50 of them under and than easily killed those 2 bosses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

They stop spawning. It might look like theres an infinite amount of them but there isnt.

24 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

They will stop spawning that's how i did it i killed like 50 of them under and than easily killed those 2 bosses.

Ah OK cool, that's what I was thinking of doing myself killing the adds and then I have the whole area above to circle around bosses freely.

11 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

Ah OK cool, that's what I was thinking of doing myself killing the adds and then I have the whole area above to circle around bosses freely.

Thats what i would suggest. Rushing the ladder method is too risky that far into the run that its simply not worth it. Killing everyone is much safer.

34 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Thats what i would suggest. Rushing the ladder method is too risky that far into the run that its simply not worth it. Killing everyone is much safer.

Indeed, I wasn't happy relying on luck for the very final bit of the game after all the effort of getting there. Trying the ladder method whilst I could do it, chuck two electronades into the room and then run for it, there is a high chance the other boss can shoot you whilst climbing the ladder and if I didn't have full health or armour I'd die. Paired with the fact of any adds shooting you too, for me it was not worth the risk. Running this I would do it like 2 out of 5 times. 

Now what I do is run back to where the first heavies spawn using the steel flaps as shields, charge my laser acting for the first boss to come out if you get a headshot it kills him if you don't pull the headshot off and hit him he's just one laser charge away from dying. Run under and take the adds out, go to surface and circle other boss. This worked for me 4 out of 5 times, even when missing laser shots on the two bosss the only time I died was when one of th bosses was at the side of one of the entrances. There's ink involved here too but that's what is safest and worked best for me. 

the last couple of days all my runs had been pretty bad, didn't even get past the courthouse, which i was getting by confortambly before, today i was feeling confident, started a run got to Venus again where i died in the damn conveyor belt, never had i gotten so far before :( the problem was mine i must have missed like 30 shots :( two weeks of runs now and it's getting a toll on me, but i won't give up, i know that i can do this. By the way i was doing some pratice on the Ausmerzer and was having some difficulty on the last fight before the final fight, what's the best approach here? (i'm talking about the fight where the robo dogs comes towards you, where the last captain of the game is)

1 hour ago, andrehunter said:

the last couple of days all my runs had been pretty bad, didn't even get past the courthouse, which i was getting by confortambly before, today i was feeling confident, started a run got to Venus again where i died in the damn conveyor belt, never had i gotten so far before :( the problem was mine i must have missed like 30 shots :( two weeks of runs now and it's getting a toll on me, but i won't give up, i know that i can do this. By the way i was doing some pratice on the Ausmerzer and was having some difficulty on the last fight before the final fight, what's the best approach here? (i'm talking about the fight where the robo dogs comes towards you, where the last captain of the game is)

Further than me dude ☺️ I started this week, when I get pretty far and die I just don't touch Mein leben again until the following day other wise I would get extremely frustrated and demoralised. I just practice the hard parts of the game after my Mein leben runs. 

For the part you mention I am still looking for a reliable way to do that section too, that first robodog is the problem as it rushes you. I haven't practised that bit often but maybe there is a way to creep up and bait it then run back down the ladder and take it out from there. I was thinking of sneaking but I would me confident in taking out all the enemies rather than sneaking as I'd bound to trigger an alarm regardless and then be stuck in the middle of the enemies. No idea how to do that bit sneaky!

47 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Tips for the worst parts Courthouse, ecc?

Next week I will play Wolfenstein 2...

Follow the guide abyss1 posted for the courthouse for the first wave strat. Very reliable. For the rest of the courthouse, i do it a bit differently than what he shows. Just have to try different strats. What works for one person might not work for another.

what it comes down to is practice each and every section multiple times on iadi difficulty and find a strat that works for you 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is down to luck sometimes even with the best strat.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

8 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Follow the guide abyss1 posted for the courthouse for the first wave strat. Very reliable. For the rest of the courthouse, i do it a bit differently than what he shows. Just have to try different strats. What works for one person might not work for another.

what it comes down to is practice each and every section multiple times on iadi difficulty and find a strat that works for you 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is down to luck sometimes even with the best strat.

Ok thx wish me good luck!!

new patch 1.06 / 1.07 (WW / GER) brings "updated difficulty balancing" which I assume is a good thing, but i'm still rejecting the patch for now...

i'd appreciate if someone could confirm whether or not any major skips have been patched (end of Section F  //  entirety of Section F Revisited  //  any BW skips, such as climbing pipes in Venus: Transporthalle)

On 1/26/2018 at 0:03 AM, Thropy_Hore said:

anyone got a 100% guaranteed strat to survive the Courthouse dog?

i thought 7–10 hours of practicing Courtroom would pay off, and yet the very 1st time I manage to reach it, i get RNGashed because the mutt spawned abnormally close to me...

wanted this as plat #200 to continue the tradition of 10/10 difficulty plats every 100, but i'm now realizing that this plat's more comparable to Wheel of Fortune than SMB.

unless i can find a strategy that will work for 30 consecutive practice attempts, i think i'll move on to something more skill–dependent

this process is random, sometimes the dog appears on the stairs, other times when the doors open (usually at the opposite door) if you are quick to kill the enemies you may be lucky enough to kill the dog even before he attacks you

2 minutes ago, Ms Rose Makoto said:

this process is random, sometimes the dog appears on the stairs, other times when the doors open (usually at the opposite door) if you are quick to kill the enemies you may be lucky enough to kill the dog even before he attacks you

i believe his spawn is dependent on your location when the 2nd Heavy is killed. My new strategy involves staying on SMG side, then sprinting through opposite side's gate as soon as I kill 2nd Heavy. The dog is always quite far from me now; sometimes it even takes 30+ seconds to see him

2 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

i believe his spawn is dependent on your location when the 2nd Heavy is killed. My new strategy involves staying on SMG side, then sprinting through opposite side's gate as soon as I kill 2nd Heavy. The dog is always quite far from me now; sometimes it even takes 30+ seconds to see him

There have been a few times that after killing the second heavy when trying to climb the stairs i found the dog, and other times it was soon when open the doors. there is no 100% safe strategy, the luck factor is very important in this chapter