Paleblood

Who told the best stroy?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who told the best stroy?

• Beyondthegrave07
    • CjShai
    • Starcrunch061

12 hours ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Did our weekend camping trip, complete with tent, 4x4 and the dog.  Decided on a site by Ojai, which is NW of Los Angeles, and was out in the sticks.  Settled in with a couple of beers, was pretty desolate where we were, when a guy approached us.  Said his friend's truck slid off the road, flipped, and could we help him with our winch.  Okay, why not.  It had rained pretty heavily in the previous week, so the roads were torn up and muddy.  We followed him and started down a long muddy grade. Halfway down, we noticed 5 guys standing at the bottom of the grade with a couple of trucks, no sight of the flipped truck.  We got very uneasy, so did a tight u-turn on the grade. What a mistake, our off road tires started spinning, couldn't get a grip and as our tires spun, we came dangerously close to the edge of the road, with a 100' drop.  By this time the guys at the bottom of the grade realized we were leaving and started up the grade, and they had guns.  By chance, full out on the throttle, the tires caught and we were able to make our way back up the hill. Got to our campsite, grabbed what we could and lit the hell out of there. Later found out that the hot springs that Charles Manson used to party at was at the bottom of the grade.  Hard for me to think about that day even now.

Holy fuck. This sounds terrifying. Glad you made it out there.

• Like 1

I got one:

I was a sophomore in high school. I was in math class. I sat behind who I thought was the most beautiful creature in the world (Nancy), and we were really getting along. I had good friends sitting on either side of me (Tim and Chuck). In front of Tim was Beau, a guy who was dumber than a box of rocks.

I've always been good at math, so naturally, I did fine in a high school math class. On one exam, I ended up getting a high score (100). Nancy did well (90+), but Chuck and Tim did poorly (60-70). So, I'm not one to lord it over people, so I didn't brag. But ultimately, my score got out to Tim. He then looked at me, and said, "Well, at least I'm not Beau; he got an 8!" I started laughing...and cut the loudest, most giant fart in my history. The whole class bursts into laughter, and since I'm the only one no longer laughing, everyone knows it was me. In fact, even people outside the classroom heard, and were laughing.

It gets worse, though. Our teacher was a foreign fellow without the best grasp of English. He looks at me, and says, "Mr. Starcrunch, just cut it!" Of course, he meant, "Cut it out", but this complaint got the whole class laughing again. Then, to add insult to injury, he follows up with, "No - don't cut the cheese! Cut the nonsense!"

I've never been so humiliated in my life. Needless to say, any chance at the beautiful Nancy went up in smoke. Further, word got out, and my life in high school sucked for the next few days. 

Good times...:(

• Like 2

I wrote this one when I was playing ROA 3 years ago. I was inspired by the flood of cheaters and decided to pen what would happen to a world where the heroes used forbidden knowledge to attain more power. I hope you guys enjoy it! ?

~ Only a Fool ~

I do not believe in this” said the Cleric, staring in the deep crimson eyes of a Don Domovoi. The creature touched it's whiskers and let out a sigh.

“Then you are a fool” Fenia cut in. The mighty giantess was listening on the oposite side of the bonfire, never averting her eyes from the human that had found their encampment. “But you are only human, so I didn't expect anything else”.

They were on the northwest side of the Sundered Lands, a place known as Mimir's Cradle by a few. There were many giants and domovois, packs of wolves on every corner making guard, orcs roasting the meat of the dead without ceremony. The human Cleric gazed at this scenery with awe, an impossible place to be for an once proud mercenary from Fort Farthest. But the Sundered Lands are now sealed, the Fort blown in a last attempt to hold the new enemy that prowls the plains unchallenged. After weeks of an exhausting traveling, after the loss of dear companions, a lone Cleric arrived at the last place he would have thought to be a haven.

“Heed my words, human, for I heard them from my father, who heard from his father, a story passed down from generations” the Don Domovoi said. “What you call Ragnarok never came to be. The gods did not fight a futile battle that resulted in the end of the world, tough surely such an outcome would inevitably happen”.

“Why do you think we don't quarrel among ourselves?” Fenia asked. “We are four different giant clans, many orc and domovoi tribes. But never we waged war against one another”.

“I do not believe in this” the Cleric repeated.

“The gods destroyed themselves with the forbidden knowledge that now, once again, has been discovered” Menia, the giant sister of Fenia, interjected. One of the horns on her head was severed so badly it hurt to look upon it.

“Odin was the first to be seduced by what you humans call godly weapons. The All-Father became paranoid with everyone, family included, and lusted for power. He no longer laughed; he no longer desired company. He mistrusted all around him. Thor was the first to be assaulted, but the god of thunder was not some helpless whelp. Others came to discover Odin's new tools; and someone tapped into the essence that created those weapons, unleashing chaos.”

“In the end, god fought against god” the old domovoi resumed. “Ice burned, fire froze, the air was thick and the earth fragile. How it ended, no one but Loki, the sole survivor, know. The weapons that drove the gods mad lost their power, but still could not be destroyed. They were sealed in Yggdrasil Tower and there they should have remained. But you humans came to this place...”

“And found the Nibelungen” the oldest giant-sister said. “Yes, that's their true name. You see, we are not the mindless monsters that you took us for. We were guardians, the true shield that guards Rune Midgard from an evil without equal”.

The cleric bit his next words, for how could he, or anyone else, deny the weight of what was just said in light of everything that happened in the past weeks? Once renowned heroes, the Corrupted Ones were now rampaging through the land, attacking anyone and anything. They live to fight; they fight to kill anything that lives.

Days passed. Like a child, the Cleric watched the lifestyle of the creatures that were his bitter enemies: domovois tended to the daily chores; orcs trained and often brawled, to the amusement of everyone; giants from every clan gathered materials and were building some kind of ark, a vast ship to house all who wished to escape the Sundered Lands. The Cleric was the only human, alone most of the time, completely out of place. Fenia and Menia kept tabs on him.

On the eleventh day, the Ark was near completion.

Enemies!” shouted an orc sentry, despair blended in its guttural voice. “Three of them comin' in the front gate!”

“Get all the female and young ones on the ship” Fenia ordered, taking her massive hammer with one hand while motioning everyone within earshot with the other. “All warriors, hold the enemy! We must not let them get to the families!”

“Release the wolves!” Menia cried. A large pack of blue wolves engaged the three Corrupted Ones. Domovois started to chant, but seeing the enemy make short work of three dozen wolves got them distracted. Still in the dark, hidden by the screams of pain, there was only one thing certain: a Sword Warrior was among them.

“What can I do?” asked the Cleric, mace and shield ready.

“You are only a foolish human” Fenia answered. “Try not to get in our way”.

The gates flew open, two assassins crisscrossing the open area with a blood-red aura on their backs. The orcs charged, without a plan or any sign of formation, making themselves easy targets. The assassin to the left backfliped and dashed forward in a cyclone movement; the one to the right threw a hook and fast approached a careless high-orc, shredding it to ribbons.

Giants threw huge boulders against the Sword Warrior, who batted them aside or pulverized them with the pressure of a single blade movement. Then a huge purple bubble floated above him and popped venom: Menia advanced from the side and waited for a good opportunity to land a hit.

The Sword Warrior grunted, raised his weapon high and hit the ground with unimaginable violence, dispersing the poisonous cloud with brute force. However, where one attack could not harm, two would definitely work: a water geyser exploded below, throwing him high in the air where five magic spheres connected. The domovoi cheered.

Fenia gasped, because even while being assaulted, the Sword Warrior reversed, saw where the giantess was and dived headlong toward her, slashing her leg to the bone. Menia cried, for her beloved sister was doomed.

Strength seeped in the defenders. Wounds were mending. A calm sense of protection, like the embrace of a mother, engulfed those who were not corrupted by power. The Sword Warrior did not believe his eyes and the Assassin pair, stunned by this turned of events, received a couple of hits before reacting to the visage of a Cleric.

A human Cleric. Aiding giants and beasts. That was unforgivable.

The Sword Warrior let out a roar, getting the attention of everyone. Grabbing his unholy sword with both hands, he sprinted to the one he considered a traitor. He did not try to evade those in the way, so he received blow after blow without concern. He could withstand anything.

But each blow came with more strength than intended. Each blow found a weak spot that should not exist, dealing even more damage than usual. The Cleric was still praying, channeling divine power to a desperate battlefield, helping beasts and giants against something far worse.

Then a thought occurred: the gods were long dead. From whom came his power?

In this moment of hesitation, the Sword Warrior closed the gap between them and waved his sword, a shock wave that pierced the human, the air, reality itself. Coughing blood, the Cleric stumbled and felt the cold of disbelief, the void that had in place of a god. Death glistened in a broad blade.

A spinning Leaf-Hammer cracked in the back of the Corrupted One, launching him against a crude house made of stone slabs. The Cleric spat and saw Fenia walking in his direction, a half-smile on her lips.

“Told you not to get in the way, you fool” she offered a hand.

The Assassin duo still wrecked havoc, a trail of corpses in their wake, but gasping for air more than ever, until they were surrounded and dismembered by four giants, each one pulling a limb. Shouting and cursing, Menia was the one who put an end to them, cutting their heads off.

“We are leaving. Grab food and leave all the rest” Fenia ordered again.

“nOt So FaSt, VeRmIn!” echoed voices rambled and the Corrupted One stood up from the wreckage, his arm fused with the sword. There was a metallic color to his skin, the eyes were pools of darkness. “YoU sHaLL DiE hErE, aLL oF yOu!” and a shock wave obliterated a group of orcs.

“Everyone to the ship” Fenia said. “Menia, with me. This monster will not...”

“Go to the ship” the Cleric, rising, interjected. “I will stop him.”

“You are a fool, human. You can't beat that enemy by yourself.”

“I know” with shield to the front and mace ready, the Cleric walked away.

“tRaItOr” the Sword Warrior brandished his weapon, launching wave after wave. The Cleric, however, did not try to evade: he met all attacks with his shield, praying all the time. He could feel the bones cracking and muscles tearing; still he did not stop, he did not dodge. “hOw CoULd YoU fIgHt ToGeThEr WiTh ThE eNeMy?”

“You are the enemy. You betrayed us” the shield was fading and only the prayers kept him going. “You sold your soul to get more power...” a knee to the ground, a prayer in the lips. “You discarded your friends” the Cleric no longer had a left arm and both knees were on the ground now.

“sO wHaT?!” the Sword Warrior laughed. The giant sisters watched, ready to do battle.

“So be it” and the mace, all the time receiving the power of a prayer that did not come from any god, but from something far more powerful inside the Cleric, smashed against the chest of the Corrupted One. A bluish pillar of light soared to the sky, dividing clouds, cleansing everything in its path. The two giantess watched with disbelief as the Corrupted One faded without a sound, without a trace. The Cleric, too, was nowhere to be seen.

“A fool to the end” Fenia whispered, marveled at the feat of a puny, foolish human.

And the Ark set sail, never to come back to the Sundered Lands. The Domovoi tribe added one more story to their culture. Besides those from the gods, those from mighty giants and nether lords, there was the short tale of a single human who gave his all to protect the lives of innocents, even if they were not human like him.

• Like 1

I will have a shot now that I do use PSNP as my main trophy website now.

I once ended up having 2 houses, we basically got two sets of keys and one month free rent to decorate the second house. So, me my wife and our two best friends went round to get stuff done one night close to Christmas. The only things we had in the house was a TV a Christmas tree and some cutlery etc. After I think around one wall was painted via the efforts of 4 people we decided alcohol was much needed... 

For some reason at some point me and my friend Neil decided we could pull of the Dirty Dancing Lift while considerably drunk.

Here is the results.....

A nice little edit here and there and some music really sets it off don’t you think?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Joker said:

OP is updated now!

Added the poll now. I was really sick the past week, still am. Sorry for the long wait.

Do you think you can add the finalists' stories to the OP when you get a chance? That way people don't have to search for them. ;)

Hope you start feeling better soon!

8 hours ago, Joker said:

Ok, I don't think there will be changing anything at this point.

The winner iiiiisss @Beyondthegrave07

Congratulations!

I will gift the premium Membership to @Starrk_01 as soon as I get home. Have fun with it :)

Thank you! I think it's awesome how many generous people we have on this site who host giveaways. Hope you continue doing so in the future! :)