Most Frustrating Trophy?

TheLiamK

Hey all,

Just a little curious; what trophy have you found the most frustrating so far? I know a lot of people have trouble with different characters.  From the ones that I have so far it was probably keeping Zarya's energy above 70 for one minute. I wasn't great with her once I started(no she's my number 2 :D) and the higher you get in competitive the less people tend to shoot your shields. As for the ones I am yet to get: I don't know why but I simply can not get four deadeye kills with McCree, everyone just legs it when they hear it coming :( I can also see Sombra's 15 hacks in one life being a nightmare, but I'm only just now learning her.

For some reason the one to heal 1500 damage with Zenyatta gave me a lot of trouble. I spent about 11 hours with him just trying for that single trophy.

It's weird because I got his other trophy by accident in my first game with him, and that's the one people usually struggle with.

Soldier 76's 4 kills also took me much longer than any of the other 4 kill trophies. I'm surprised that one's so much more common than the rest.

Obviously Rapid Discord. 

Beyond that? Reaper's Waste Not, Want Not trophy. I've gotten so close a few times, but either I have to reload, or one of my teammates shows up which means they weren't solo kills. 

My other two trophies left are Roadkill and Hog Wild, which have been slightly tricky, but I'm positive I can get them, just need good timing and luck.

Edited by danceswithsloths

I mentioned it in another topic: The Path is Closed is the most frustrating for me.  I've broken two so many times.  the match either ends or someone else breaks one or Symettra changes.

I'm having problems with Junkrats kill four with riptide, because there's always a Benji or Tracer or Hanzo not with the team and its hard to get four of them.  Haven't put a lot of effort in the other trophies, but Reaper's looks like a pain too.  And I'll probably have the same problem when I go after Bastion's kill four trophy.

11 hours ago, CloudIchigo said:

This game looks so inviting, but I hate just jumping in like a noob. It looks hard, but I suppose I'd get used to it. Just don't want to start then stop half way. I've played many multi - player games only to eventually have the servers closed. I really don't want to, but I'll have to give it a pass. Grinding these trophies will be pretty boring by the time I eventually get this :(

The game is great and that's coming from someone who isn't good at, or doesn't usually care about, online games. I was god awful at it at first but it's pretty easy to get better; one of those easy to learn hard to master sorts of things. Not only is it super popular but it's a Blizzard game so I'd bet the servers aren't going down any time soon :)

Back when I was working on the platinum easily the most annoying trophy for me was Roadhog's "Hog Wild" trophy... It's the most awkward trophy ever, 90% of the time you either die during your ultimate, only knock one person off or knock 2 off but someone dies to your ultimate on the way down so it won't count.. It was horrible.

Doomfist's "Cratered" trophy was pretty annoying too, I literally had to gather a team of 6 and communicate to them on who to kill, when to jump onto the payload to lure the enemy team to group up on it, when to use Zarya's ultimate etc.. These trophies take so much planning and organisation it's ridiculous lol

Edited by SlimSanta94

14 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Back when I was working on the platinum easily the most annoying trophy for me was Roadhog's "Hog Wild" trophy... It's the most awkward trophy ever, 90% of the time you either die during your ultimate, only knock one person off or knock 2 off but someone dies to your ultimate on the way down so it won't count.. It was horrible.

Doomfist's "Cratered" trophy was pretty annoying too, I literally had to gather a team of 6 and communicate to them on who to kill, when to jump onto the payload to lure the enemy team to group up on it, when to use Zarya's ultimate etc.. These trophies take so much planning and organisation it's ridiculous lol

Roadhog main here so it his came naturally for me thankfully, I'd hate to try and got it intentionally :D

Just now, SlimSanta94 said:

haha that's fortunate xD I would've said Rapid Discord was more annoying but I got that naturally because I main Zenyatta / Winston

Oh I'd love to play Zenyatta more but since the Mercy buff people tend to send me mean messages if I don't play her instead lol. Still need Winston's 10 turrets/traps trophy but I suck with him. I'm guessing I'll just have to wait for a Symmetra and stalk her and her turrets ^_^

Just like a lot of people, Rapid Discord. Done 4 kills/assists in 7 or 8 seconds but to get it in 6 properly without boosting is ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as that cratered business. Although, Hog Wild is another really annoying one to try and get since there are only a few maps that even allow you to be able to try for it.

Edited by Divine_egg
  • Like 1

Both of Zenyatta's, for reasons everyone else will tell you. Reaper's and Lucio's were tough, too; with Lucio you kinda need to be on Ilios (was the case for me at least), and Reaper you really need to have your special ready and hope you run into squishy guys (I killed Zenyatta twice when I got mine). Destroying the three teleporters can't even be attempted 95% of the time, so I don't have it, but with Sombra it shouldn't be so bad. 

Personally I'm having trouble with Genji and Hanzo's quad-kill trophies, largely because I usually play with randos. With a good Zarya it shouldn't be so bad, but relying on other people online is the absolute worst. 

Edited by JD-D2

Did nobody mention Orisa’s Halt State yet?! O.o This is insane, the tiny one second or two for you and teammates to damage 1000 health right after enemies are pulled by Halt ability is atonishing and extremely luck factor! And the teamwork effort has never been that much for one single trophy! To do it legit, I’ve got to teamup with two trophy hunters to manage it. We combine with a Zarya’s Ult, then detonate Halt above the enemy team and right after came Pharah’s Ult! But damn, I screamed like a maniac when we’ve made it!

I’ve struggled with many DPS quad-kill trophies because, to be honest, they aren’t truly my kind of playstyle. I can remember Genji’s Ult one how I attempted times over... to only kill Junkrat and get killed by his dropped bombs! ? Anyway, I’ve found a perfect map position to get many quad-kills trophies without struggle.

Not even new to anyone, both Zenyatta’s are difficult on their own. Surprisingly, I’ve got Rapid Discord ahead other quad-kill trophies. When I’ve got it, I knew that the :platinum: was reachable! :awesome:

On 2017-11-13 at 8:07 AM, danceflick said:

That horse shit rapid discord. I got all the trophies in a few hours as each character but never rapid discord. I have over 100 hours as him and only played him for 5 months and still nothing, When i get time off school ill go after it again but man does that trophy piss me off. 

“Repetition is the path to mastery.” :P

• 3 weeks later...

As for my personal opinion. While going for the platinum: Rapid Discord. I ended up boosting it last year, but I gave it my best for a good 15-25 hours of playing Zenyatta in Quickplay. I was close a handful of times, but must have barely missed out on it. Another notable one is Halt State. I have yet to obtain this trophy and, maybe one day, I'll boost it. I'm not too much in a hurry with it, though.

From the ones that I have so far it was probably keeping Zarya's energy above 70 for one minute.

Like a lot of trophies in this game, this one is sort of luck based in the sense of how a match "flows" and if everything "falls into place". I was lucky enough to get this on my first try. I was very glad to get this trophy because I don't entirely enjoy playing Zarya, either.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, Shadiochao said:

For some reason the one to heal 1500 damage with Zenyatta gave me a lot of trouble.

This trophy, as well, took me a good amount of time to get. I'd say ~5 hours for me of playing Zenyatta.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:48 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

It's the most awkward trophy ever, 90% of the time you either die during your ultimate, only knock one person off or knock 2 off but someone dies to your ultimate on the way down so it won't count

When I was going for it, most of my scenarios were the enemy team filled with heroes who had the ability to keep themselves from getting knocked off an edge (Pharahs, Lucios who would wallride back to safety, etc.) along with me simply dying during my ultimate... It was one of my last trophies for the platinum.

• 2 weeks later...