PSA Multi-tasking Trophy

sh4d0wzcs

Just did a match where I was so close to solo killing a hero ship just for some ass to kill steal it, decided to check in career and it seemed to have counted towards the 25 kills for the trophy..

Seems like assists count as kills but suicides don't, not sure if this is a bug but I'd jump on it before it gets patched.

Edited by sh4d0wzcs
Wrong amount of kills for trophy

i rarely even see a hero ship.  There is a platinum trophy guide out and the writer claims you can get several of theses per round.  he claims they spawn a lot around the objective toward the middle of the round and its not that hard.  I have played the mode a lot just flying around the objectives shooting at any ship that looks different from the normal and have a lot of kills and still 0 hero ships.  Slave 1 and the falcon take a lot of shots to down so i'm assuming these other ships are not that hard once i learn to identify them and get the upgrades for my ships.

The hero vs villain 50 kills while marked seems like a pain too it is just a bunch of mindless button mashing.

I usually see maybe 1 or 2 per game if I'm lucky, most common is the falcon and bobba fetts ship rest honestly look so alike.

I started at 0 today and now I'm focusing on hero ships I'm already at 7 after a few games will probably have the trophy either tonight or early tomorrow.

Hero vs Villan isn't as bad as it seems, I usually get 1-2 kills everytime I'm targeted, just got to play smart. Almost every Heroes game I go into is just scrubs button mashing so easy to get up kills, I like to play the surroundings and push people off edges so funny to see them struggle.

4 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I usually see maybe 1 or 2 per game if I'm lucky, most common is the falcon and bobba fetts ship rest honestly look so alike.

I started at 0 today and now I'm focusing on hero ships I'm already at 7 after a few games will probably have the trophy either tonight or early tomorrow.

Hero vs Villan isn't as bad as it seems, I usually get 1-2 kills everytime I'm targeted, just got to play smart. Almost every Heroes game I go into is just scrubs button mashing so easy to get up kills, I like to play the surroundings and push people off edges so funny to see them struggle.

As a FYI the Hero Vs Villain trophy is worded wrong not sure if you knew this already. But you need to get 50 kills on the other marked target while being marked because i spent over 15 hours getting kills on just random players while being targeted and nothing happened as i wasnt really aiming for the other marked target. it does make it a little more challenging but i managed, this was just a FYI not sure if you already knew this.

(Hope this helps you so you don't get too far into just killing non-marked players)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sack_BOY_1999 said:

As a FYI the Hero Vs Villain trophy is worded wrong not sure if you knew this already. But you need to get 50 kills on the other marked target while being marked because i spent over 15 hours getting kills on just random players while being targeted and nothing happened as i wasnt really aiming for the other marked target. it does make it a little more challenging but i managed, this was just a FYI not sure if you already knew this.

(Hope this helps you so you don't get too far into just killing non-marked players)

Figured it wouldnt't  be so easy, at least you're guarunteed 2 chances per game to get the kills. Not sure how many I've gotten, everytime I've been targeted I've headed straight for the enemy target where anotheer 1 or 2 will be with them. 

Thanks for the info, will end up saving me alot of time.

11 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Just did a match where I was so close to solo killing a hero ship just for some ass to kill steal it, decided to check in career and it seemed to have counted towards the 25 kills for the trophy..

Seems like assists count as kills but suicides don't, not sure if this is a bug but I'd jump on it before it gets patched.

I dont think assists count since I only have 7 hero ship kills but I got way more assists on hero ship kills. Its also very hard to find them if they are smaller ship like Luke's X-Wing. I dont understand why they are not marked on the map but on galactic assault you can see the heroes marked on the map.

I don't know then, maybe it counts if you do more than 75% of the damage dealt as the times I have seen it count as an assist I've pretty much solo'd it until someone comes along to steal it.

Either way I'm hoping to get the platinum for it by end of month but leveling is so slow..

18 hours ago, Sack_BOY_1999 said:

This is incorrect. You need to kill ANY other player while being marked for trophy. It sounds like it glitches on you if you spent that long on it but any player will do while you are marked

finally after not getting a single hero ship kill the last two nights i was able to bag 3 tonight two of which i didn't even realize it was a hero ship until it said hero ship kill.  I shot ithem down from a distance and they were smaller in comparison to the falcon and slave 1 and took about the same amount of damage as a regular ship.  Of course they may have been damaged already some I'm not sure.  My advice is to play the game going for kills and the objective, enjoy it and eventually they will come.  I think pressing for hero ship kills will be too frustrating.

Edited by steel6burgh

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

finally after not getting a single hero ship kill the last two nights i was able to bag 3 tonight two of which i didn't even realize it was a hero ship until it said hero ship kill.  I shot ithem down from a distance and they were smaller in comparison to the falcon and slave 1 and took about the same amount of damage as a regular ship.  Of course they may have been damaged already some I'm not sure.  My advice is to play the game going for kills and the objective, enjoy it and eventually they will come.  I think pressing for hero ship kills will be too frustrating.

I was able to get all 25 in about 3-4hrs last night. Best advice I can give for it is to play normally until people on the other team are around 2000 points. Then just keep looking at the leaderboards for the other team and look for the hero ship icon next to their names (icon looks like darth mauls ship).

If you're quick enough to notice them spawn right away, you can fly over to their spawn and find them easily. If not, I'd then just fly really slow in the middle and look for that PSN name, or wait for them to kill me as I look like an easy target just floating about in the middle. That way they'll be marked when you respawn as they killed you last life.

This is pretty much the only way I was able to tell who was a hero as the X-Wing Variants and such look identical to the other ships unless you are right next to them. Slave ship and millennium falcon are only obvious two from a distance.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 7:52 AM, sh4d0wzcs said:

On 11/18/2017 at 7:11 AM, steel6burgh said:

i rarely even see a hero ship.  There is a platinum trophy guide out and the writer claims you can get several of theses per round.  he claims they spawn a lot around the objective toward the middle of the round and its not that hard.  I have played the mode a lot just flying around the objectives shooting at any ship that looks different from the normal and have a lot of kills and still 0 hero ships.  Slave 1 and the falcon take a lot of shots to down so i'm assuming these other ships are not that hard once i learn to identify them and get the upgrades for my ships.

The hero vs villain 50 kills while marked seems like a pain too it is just a bunch of mindless button mashing.

It is really easy and you absolutely can get 2-3 per match. Just bring up the leaderboard when ever you respawn and see who is a hero (the symbol left of the PSN name) and pay attention to finding that player when scanning the horizon. Then blasting them out of the freaking “sky”. MF is usually a waste of time because it’s tough to bringen down and people will wait and take the last shot when your lasers overheat. Go for the smaller ones like Kylo Ren and Vader, Luke and Poe. They’re easy pickings

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that hard, people make it sound harder than it is just because they don't like the game mode. I got the trophy in about 18 rounds, doing 2-3 hero kills per match.

Just play however you want and when the heroes start to spawn check the leaderboard and hunt them, it gets easier every time.

It is best to go for small hero ships, Slave 1 and Millenium Falcon have too much health and someone can steal your kill after you've done all the hard work. I still managed to kill the Falcon 3 times.

I found the "Choose your path" trophy way more time consuming than this one.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

This isn't anywhere near as time consuming as the 50 marked hero kills trophy. I was on 4 hero ship skills on Wednesday and finished today. A few games I got a couple of hero kills in one game. Sometimes I played for half a dozen games with just stolen kills. My best advice is obviously the Falcon, Darth Maul, Slave - they're obvious so go for them but also ignore the objective. Just take on ships. Quite often I got a hero kill by randomly taking on ships and finding it was a hero ship only after I got the kill.
Trust me - this trophy pops a hell of a lot quicker than some others in this game.

I've just got the Level 50 to go now. Currently Level 33 and bored witless of playing HvsV.

5 hours ago, plymyphil said:

This isn't anywhere near as time consuming as the 50 marked hero kills trophy. I was on 4 hero ship skills on Wednesday and finished today. A few games I got a couple of hero kills in one game. Sometimes I played for half a dozen games with just stolen kills. My best advice is obviously the Falcon, Darth Maul, Slave - they're obvious so go for them but also ignore the objective. Just take on ships. Quite often I got a hero kill by randomly taking on ships and finding it was a hero ship only after I got the kill.
Trust me - this trophy pops a hell of a lot quicker than some others in this game.

I've just got the Level 50 to go now. Currently Level 33 and bored witless of playing HvsV.

Same, took a lot of grind playing HvsV. Countless matches destroying teams with Chewbacca and Palpatine it was so boring man, but I was already committed to go for the platinum.

Well, it's great to hear that you good lucky, but I doubt luck is something that can be leveled up within the game. The 50 marked hero kills come quite naturally while playing a mode that allows you to go for several other trophies efficiently whereas the hero ships demand you play games that give little XP, no variation in the manner you play and at the end of the day - more often than not - not even the kill you came for in the first place.