Most rewarding game on PSN contender

Soufwar

Do we finally see a game rise to take on the most rewarding game on PSN title and knock off Driveclub from the top? Only other games i can think of who are contenders for this title are DC Universe Online and Warframe, but with Warframe’s updates having very few points each time it’ll take a few years, and with DC Universe Online not patching in trophies for their episodes and their episodes coming really late to the PS4 its also gonna take a long time until we get there! I am almost certain that Payday 2 will take the title if they do 2 or 3 more major trophy updates like these. 

Edited by Soufwar

Although I believe Driveclub is still the Ps4 game with the most trophies that are possible to be earned, Sound Shapes also has an astounding amount of trophies (89 I believe) that can be earned in a relatively short amount of time. Keep in mind that the game can also be purchased for another PlayStation system like the Vita, and the trophies will auto-pop once save data has been synched.

18 minutes ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Although I believe Driveclub is still the Ps4 game with the most trophies that are possible to be earned, Sound Shapes also has an astounding amount of trophies (89 I believe) that can be earned in a relatively short amount of time. Keep in mind that the game can also be purchased for another PlayStation system like the Vita, and the trophies will auto-pop once save data has been synched.

I think OP was referring to number of points, not trophy count

5 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I think OP was referring to number of points, not trophy count

Ahh oops haha Well I'm sure that you can still get a reasonable amount of points from Sound Shapes, especially if stacked. I've heard Tekken 7 is also good for earning points, and most of the trophies can be earned offline as well.

3 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Ahh oops haha Well I'm sure that you can still get a reasonable amount of points from Sound Shapes, especially if stacked. I've heard Tekken 7 is also good for earning points, and most of the trophies can be earned offline as well.

No

Warframe will never be a contender

Sure its got a ton of updates but for all the updates it has, it lacks in trophies and most are bronze which stand in at 5 points each..

To me it doesnt seem like youre understanding the points system in which trophies hold, think of playstation trophies like xbox’s gamer score, what they would call 5G, playstation calls that a bronze trophy, 1000G is the max gamer score for any one title on xbox..that would be like finishing all the trophies in 1 game for playstation but playstation takes the point system a little further than that because there is no point cap behind trophies, as far as i know, i think base games that include a platinum trophy usually cap off at 1,250 points but then add in DLC and games with alot of DLC, like driveclub and dcuo for instance, that 1,250 can go sky high

10 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

No

Warframe will never be a contender

Sure its got a ton of updates but for all the updates it has, it lacks in trophies and most are bronze which stand in at 5 points each..

To me it doesnt seem like youre understanding the points system in which trophies hold, think of playstation trophies like xbox’s gamer score, what they would call 5G, playstation calls that a bronze trophy, 1000G is the max gamer score for any one title on xbox..that would be like finishing all the trophies in 1 game for playstation but playstation takes the point system a little further than that because there is no point cap behind trophies, as far as i know, i think base games that include a platinum trophy usually cap off at 1,250 points but then add in DLC and games with alot of DLC, like driveclub and dcuo for instance, that 1,250 can go sky high

Warframe? I never said anything about Warframe, so check again. But i’ve never really looked into the point systems, so the above games at I did list were just pure speculation, not me providing an actual say-so on the matter. Thank you for the explanation ??

Edited by Lawless_Llama

2 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Warframe? I never said anything about Warframe, so check again. But i’ve never really looked into the point systems, so the above games at I did list were just pure speculation, not me providing an actual say-so on the matter. Thank you for the explanation 1f44c-1f3fd.png

Sorry, i was on 3 different forums at once last night when replying to your post, one of the topics was about warframe so some of my response was in reference to a different topic from a different site lol

other than that my response still holds true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

Sorry, i was on 3 different forums at once last night when replying to your post, one of the topics was about warframe so some of my response was in reference to a different topic from a different site lol

other than that my response still holds true

Actually i'm pretty sure you talked about Warframe in response to OP who mentioned it. ;)

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

There it is!! I knew i saw that shit somewhere

i need sleep!! Haha

Ive been up 30 hours straight

i cant remember my head from my ass right now ;)

It’s all good man ? I think we all need some sleep right now to be honest. Hope you get some respite soon though ?? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

It won't overtake it, there's only 2 DLC slots left and they aren't gonna add a shit tonne of trophies to each pack, they add 4-6 to each pack normally.

Developers can add more trophy DLC after they reach their cap by special request to Sony, just like Rocket League did, so if they continue to support the game, they will overtake Driveclub. 

5 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

Developers can add more trophy DLC after they reach their cap by special request to Sony, just like Rocket League did, so if they continue to support the game, they will overtake Driveclub. 

Rocket League isn't close to the cap yet. It's not dictated by number of sets, it's dictated by total trophies in the list as confirmed by one of the Driveclub devs when they started sticking dlc in the Bikes list and Warframe having 22 sets when Driveclub has 21. Crime wave still has room for another 17 trophies in the list so depending on how they set up the trophies they could end up my more points than Driveclub if they added more, though I don't think it will happen with how they've been doing sets as they'd have to make it pretty much half gold trophies in the remaining spots. 

2 minutes ago, Gage said:

Rocket League isn't close to the cap yet. It's not dictated by number of sets, it's dictated by total trophies in the list as confirmed by one of the Driveclub devs when they started sticking dlc in the Bikes list and Warframe having 22 sets when Driveclub has 21. Crime wave still has room for another 17 trophies in the list so depending on how they set up the trophies they could end up my more points than Driveclub if they added more, though I don't think it will happen with how they've been doing sets as they'd have to make it pretty much half gold trophies in the remaining spots. 

Yes, but its possible we see them do that and have a new game take that crown, tbh even DCUO has that potential. I understand that with the Bikes+VR expansions its almost impossible to dethrone DriveClub, as the main game list though, Payday 2 have a chance. 

2 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Yes, but its possible we see them do that and have a new game take that crown, tbh even DCUO has that potential. I understand that with the Bikes+VR expansions its almost impossible to dethrone DriveClub, as the main game list though, Payday 2 have a chance. 

If we're talking single list only DCUO can't (and won't). There's space for 5 more trophies in the list which even if they added as just 5 individual golds is only 450 points, which is still less than Driveclub main list. They haven't added any to DCUO in over two years now though so at this point it won't get any more. 

9 hours ago, Gage said:

If we're talking single list only DCUO can't (and won't). There's space for 5 more trophies in the list which even if they added as just 5 individual golds is only 450 points, which is still less than Driveclub main list. They haven't added any to DCUO in over two years now though so at this point it won't get any more. 

DCUO had a massive DLC trophy patch last year when they added trophies to several episodes! It was around April-June (i forgot exactly but it happened) did you check how many episodes have their own trophies now? I wont be surprised if they kept patching these massive trophy DLC updates instead of releasing them separately with each release! 

1 hour ago, Soufwar said:

DCUO had a massive DLC trophy patch last year when they added trophies to several episodes! It was around April-June (i forgot exactly but it happened) did you check how many episodes have their own trophies now? I wont be surprised if they kept patching these massive trophy DLC updates instead of releasing them separately with each release! 

I think you need to double check what year you're currently living in. By earned date in DLC set 14 the last time trophies were added to DCUO was May of 2015. 

Payday had the first group of dlc trophies added June of last year, which is likely what you're thinking about. 

Edited by Gage

18 hours ago, Gage said:

I think you need to double check what year you're currently living in. By earned date in DLC set 14 the last time trophies were added to DCUO was May of 2015. 

Payday had the first group of dlc trophies added June of last year, which is likely what you're thinking about. 

Really? Maybe i am thinking of Payday! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2018 at 11:42 PM, Stargazer2600 said:

there should still be more updates (and trophies) coming for payday 2. So unless Driveclub is still adding trophies, in the end it will surpass Driveclub

Thank you, that’s what i’ve been thinking the whole time! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 5:42 AM, Stargazer2600 said:

there should still be more updates (and trophies) coming for payday 2. So unless Driveclub is still adding trophies, in the end it will surpass Driveclub

The developer behind Driveclub is closed down by Sony. Further development for Driveclub is more than dead.