One Piece: World Seeker

dermarx

So, either I didn't find the topic or nobody posted about it yet. Anyway, I post some Infos about the new One Piece. If there is already a topic and I couldn't find it, I'm sorry.

It is a singleplayer, open-world title where you can play only Luffy. Also, it is described as “the most ambitious One Piece game ever”. As Luffy, players will experience and wage battles in an “expansive and seamless world” filled with castles, cities, beaches, and more “exciting and diverse” locations.

It is also confirmed for a western release in 2018.

Source

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Is anyone actually hyped for this game after seeing the gameplay footage? I'm a huge One Piece fan myself but this game just doesn't feel right

It "feels" better than Pirate Warriors 161516.  If you want to feel disappointed you will be.

Edited by TJ_Solo

5 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

It "feels" better than Pirate Warriors 161516.  If you want to feel disappointed you will be.

I don't want to be. But I'm not sure if it will be better than PW3 with its gameplay mechanics.

Imo Unlimited World Red was an unexpectingly pretty fun game

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

I don't want to be. But I'm not sure if it will be better than PW3 with its gameplay mechanics.

Imo Unlimited World Red was an unexpectingly pretty fun game

Hopefully the gameplay isn't as shallow as the cookie cutter arena fighters that Bandai Namco shits out multiple times a year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Is anyone actually hyped for this game after seeing the gameplay footage? I'm a huge One Piece fan myself but this game just doesn't feel right

Strangely, yeah, at least a little bit. I'm a huge Warriors fan, but I've never had a bit of interest in Pirate Warriors. But I like the idea of open-world games based on Japanese anime/manga, even if I don't know the manga at all. 

As an example, FotNS had a pretty average Warriors-like title on the PS3 (two, actually, though I never bothered with the second one). But its Yakuza-style title, despite clearly being made on a rather meager budget, was remarkable fun.

That being said, I'm with @Mardia_. Bandai-Namco does indeed shit out a bunch of cookie-cutter titles, and Japan hasn't always wowed with its open-world titles (I'm looking at you, DW9), so I'll wait for review and a deep sale before committing.

EDIT: I will say that this remark worries me:

Also, it is described as “the most ambitious One Piece game ever”

Japanese developers are rarely good with creative ambition. They're much better at taking tried-and-true ideas, and making them better (or, failing at that, at least not making them worse).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mardia_ said:

Hopefully the gameplay isn't as shallow as the cookie cutter arena fighters that Bandai Namco shits out multiple times a year.

Seven deadly sins, Black Lotus and Jump force? Lol

51 minutes ago, chellesan said:

i love one piece, but this game really don't say much to me, maybe i buy it in a sale

I will probably pick it up after price drops too.

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Strangely, yeah, at least a little bit. I'm a huge Warriors fan, but I've never had a bit of interest in Pirate Warriors. But I like the idea of open-world games based on Japanese anime/manga, even if I don't know the manga at all. 

As an example, FotNS had a pretty average Warriors-like title on the PS3 (two, actually, though I never bothered with the second one). But its Yakuza-style title, despite clearly being made on a rather meager budget, was remarkable fun.

That being said, I'm with @Mardia_. Bandai-Namco does indeed shit out a bunch of cookie-cutter titles, and Japan hasn't always wowed with its open-world titles (I'm looking at you, DW9), so I'll wait for review and a deep sale before committing.

EDIT: I will say that this remark worries me:

Also, it is described as “the most ambitious One Piece game ever”

Japanese developers are rarely good with creative ambition. They're much better at taking tried-and-true ideas, and making them better (or, failing at that, at least not making them worse).

I've played all PW and Unlimited Red so I've seen how awesome OP games can be. But when I saw the first trailer it just felt wrong and awful. Bandai can do much better than this... Even gameplay footage looks boring and empty. They should have taken the free unique movement and abilities of bosses from PW combined with the epic boss fight effect/scenes from unlimited red and turned this game into a beast. But this looks rather dull

Just now, Erkawest said:

I've played all PW and Unlimited Red so I've seen how awesome OP games can be. But when I saw the first trailer it just felt wrong and awful. Bandai can do much better than this... Even gameplay footage looks boring and empty. They should have taken the free unique movement and abilities of bosses from PW combined with the epic boss fight effect/scenes from unlimited red and turned this game into a beast. But this looks rather dull

Yeah - that's the fear when Japanese make open-world games. I mean, DW9 was an absolute drag. I haven't played FFXV, but I've heard similar complaints about emptiness there. 

I'm sincerely very hyped for this one and I'll get it day one. I've played every One Piece game so far and in my opinion this one looks a like a better version of unlimited world red. 

Graphics looks amazing. Finally they managed to put those "rubbing"animations on his movements.