Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 Online server shutdown - March 29, 2018

POEman553

That day is living in infamy. Killzone 2 & 3, Eyepet, and now this. This is the beginning of the end for PS3 online. If you haven't done this, hurry! The main hurdle will be completing the campaign. 

EDIT: Also, if you have the DLC for Fury, Stats Life trophy will be unobtainable after March 29th, 2018. The reason why? Because online races are included on the stats page. If you don't have an online race completed, you will be locked out of that trophy and a 100% completion rate. 

Edited by POEman553

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

That day is living in infamy. Killzone 2 & 3, Eyepet, and now this. This is the beginning of the end for PS3 online. If you haven't done this, hurry! The main hurdle will be completing the campaign. 

EDIT: Also, if you have the DLC for Fury, Stats Life trophy will be unobtainable after March 29th, 2018. The reason why? Because online races are included on the stats page. If you don't have an online race completed, you will be locked out of that trophy and a 100% completion rate. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

A quick question, you reckon one need to set a record on every track and play every team at least once for this trophy to pop? I finished all online trophies with main campaign done, have not played dlc yet. I checked my stats, found I miss a few with a number 0, so I fulfilled them but trophy still didn't pop. I guess I will have to play all ships and set a record on all dlc tracks as well.

Will update once I have done.

I've got this game on my PS3 thanks to cross-buy for buying the Vita version DLC, but I'm kind of on the fence whether or not to boot it up. If there's any buggy or difficult trophy related to online play then I'm out lol. I already have the Omega Collection as well as the Vita version, so this would just be something I'd do just for the sake of it :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

As mentioned above, the Stats Life trophy requires you to attain some stats through online play.

What stats? Like i said, i already got the online trophies... what else do i need to do other than playing offline? -_-"

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

Hi POE! We boosted 2048 together last year :D

FK HANS. DRINK BLEACH. 

For whatever reason, I had a strange premonition the whole time that in a year's time Wipeout online would be going away. 

Now to try to platinum HD/Fury & 2048 then do Omega Collection because I must hate myself or something. 

On 21.12.2017 at 4:11 AM, POEman553 said:

Thank you for information!!!

Thank God I have all online trophies on HD and 100% on Fury DLC.

But 2048... have no free time to boost... it's pity...

Is it possible to boost 2048 without unlock anything in main game?

On 21/12/2017 at 11:39 PM, Dr__Jekyll said:

I only have 2 or 3 trophies in campaign, is it doable to do all online before March 29?

Yes

The online trophies tied to main trophy set requires you to finish main campaign on any difficulty to unlock skin. Then you have to find a session with total 8 players, that will do it. 

I'd say finish main campaign takes around 6-8 hours of gameplay, and online boosting about 2 hours + for 5 trophies. Totally doable!

On 21/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, Lance_87 said:

I never completed the campaign but i got all online trophies for HD, am i safe?

I am in the same bar as you, I'd assume we are safe as long as you done have any numbers tied to online as 0. (e.g. page 4-online kills)

but I decided to do this trophy in recent days just to make sure no more potential trouble in the future.

========================================

Update regarding Stats Life trophy:

Although I have completed online part and got online stats done but no trophy popped when I check stats. 

What I have done:

find the numbers with 0, and do them first ( take photo, local split-screen). Then after no 0s on any page of my stats, the trophy did not pop.

What I have not done yet on my stat page:

1. Use all team ships ( with loyalty to most of the teams as 0 in ship selection page when you start a track, also to be checked on page 2 of stats) ;

2. Set a record on every track  even though I have completed main campaign once (page 2 bottom, laps of some of the tracks are N/A  which means 0 essentially);

3. Arcade Perfect! (page 1 -  I never did this mode...so all tracks were grey coloured)

================================================

Update: 

1. I started DLC tracks with all the teams I never used before, currently I have fulfilled number 1 criterion from above as well as number 2 (just use Racebox then Time Trial for any base game tracks you may need. play 1 lap then quit for quick process. As for DLC tracks then play dlc modes like Detonator and finish one lap to set record on any map you need).

2. I also have 2 of 16 arcade perfect races making there is one track changed to blue colour, which I don't think it's necessary for this Stats Life trophy. (But doing just 1 win for this is not hard at all I did both on my first try with 2nd controller method mentioned in the trophy guide on the other site.)

In conclusion (confirmed):

Apart from ONLINE related stats, you will need to do the first 2 things listed above to make this trophy pop. Refer to pictures where I got my Stats Life trophy! 

bfae17b6gy1fmqdqfbw3gj20ws0olwh7.jpg

bfae17b6gy1fmqdqizzngj20ws0olq65.jpg

bfae17b6gy1fmqdqlxbzjj20ws0olad7.jpg

bfae17b6gy1fmqdqpgo0fj20ws0olwgw.jpg

bfae17b6gy1fmqdqskgsnj20ws0olq78.jpg

bfae17b6gy1fmqdqv2n0sj20ws0olwhy.jpg

Hope this helps!

Chris

=========================

Just to clarify: as mentioned before you don't necessarily get the Stats Life trophy before server closure, as long as you finish online part and have your save file  which contains the online stats securely back-up on PS+ cloud or external memory drive, then you will be good. This means people still can leave this to unlock later after server's down.

Edited by C89-NYDCD
  • Like 4

@c89-NYDCD

Thank you for the Infos.

I'm thinking about starting the campaign now, if it really just 6-8 hours on novice difficult.

I'm just want to finish the online Part to have the Option to plat the game later.

So with the Stats Life trophy,

what do you think are all the requirements, and how long does it take to get it?

grettings from Germany

Synergy

On 21/12/2017 at 4:37 PM, daftprophet said:

I was just thinking about this as well.  It states in the guide that every other trophy should be completed to view this, but I don't think that is the case. 

definitely not the case. see my post above.

On 21/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, Virdeborn said:

Could anyone share a screenshot of which stats need to be attained for Stats Life?

request completed. hope it helps.

32 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

So with the Stats Life trophy,

what do you think are all the requirements, and how long does it take to get it?

See my screenshots above. totally for main campaign on Novice and online boosting plus mop-up tracks for Stats Life took me 7:32 hours on record, and I was not fastest one.

Good luck to anyone who's doing this fantastic game, peace!

• Like 2