How to be 100% sure to get Valor Grand Cross, for everyone

AdruA

I'll start by saying: it seems impossible to get this trophy the way we are doing this right now, still, i think there is a solution that could benefit us all.

The reason why this trophy is becoming such a pain, is because we all try to earn this asap, we're helping eachother fighting eachother, which in turn asks more time, more frustration, and more pain. We are NOT beating the game this way, the game beats US (if not ingame, then it beats us mentally). This is why i tend to start a plan which could benefit all of us, but therefore i need basically everyone who tries this. 

1. Drop the XP needed to get in top 1%

This way we'll be able to at  least drop the time needed to get this, for everyone, something not too low (too much randoms popping in) something not too high, i'd say 8000 xp. When you get that, you stop. 

2. Organise boosting sessions for every week thats left

We should set an amount of players (start with like 20 or so) per week to get this trophy, if we lower the xp, we wont need a full week off of work/school to get this, so theres more weeks to choose from. 

2.1 everyone going for this trophy boosts with whoever they can find to get that 8k, create games called 'psnprofiles1' for example; this could raise the amount of people joining in (if they see 10 games with psnprofiles in it... They'll see there's something going on and they will look up because they'll be scared about this huge organised group going for vgc, so they at least will know about this, and for their own benefit, join in) 

3. Everyone creates 10 accounts they log in every week

This should raise the amount of players, and therefore the amount of people going for the trophies (10 accounts x 10 weeks = 100 logins = 1 spot in vgc, your own spot) we should roughly be able to sense the amount of players there'll be in a week, therefore we could raise the amount of people per week to earn this trophy

Thats somehow how i think this trophy can be achieved, with less trouble

We could create session for 8 or 9 weeks, if anyone didnt get their trophy and the other weeks are all full, u could create sessions for the weeks after that, and fill up those spots, if everyone agrees to this, we will get this.

Boosting google document for signups:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oFEz-G6KQppVK16cAE3cBitJCNzUNgvHXOUA1kqlnIc/edit?usp=sharing (thanks to ABADAWhiteCat) 

Document is editable, add timezone & region & also your score in the week you're going for this, this way people can help out if someone is lacking behind, and add partners if needed. 

Any problems or suggestions? Feel free to tell/ask

Edited by DJ_AdruA
Added additional info for boosting doc
  • Like 1

My suggestion is do not waste time on creating 10 accounts (10 new player every week means nothing even if 10 people does it,it's just 1 spot) and logging with them,player count doubled within a week so it's not a big issue.Instead play a lot more.Because someone out there with 2-3 ps3/friends will crush your 8k.

Mostly players with 2 or more PS3's or with friends that will not need to boost will get this trophy.

1 hour ago, DJ_AdruA said:

But this idea is quite good for the simple fact that will increase the number of trophy recipients a lot, as right now probably the vast majority of players are trophy hunters and they all have the same goal. Not enough places for everyone in 3 months. And the servers are dismally bad.

Edited by cris3f

36 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Mostly players with 2 or more PS3's or with friends that will not need to boost will get this trophy.

But this idea is quite good for the simple fact that will increase the number of trophy recipients a lot, as right now probably the vast majority of players are trophy hunters and they all have the same goal. Not enough places for everyone in 3 months. And the servers are dismally bad.

Also, i'd rather spend 12 weeks logging in with 2 accounts per evening instead of taking a week off of work to game 24/7 

I did something similar with the Hot Lap trophy in ModNation Racers. It only took 3 dummy accounts to put me in position for the trophy.

As for VGC, I just played pistol-only matches and was in the top 5-10 players for the week.

1 hour ago, johncnstntn__ said:

My suggestion is do not waste time on creating 10 accounts (10 new player every week means nothing even if 10 people does it,it's just 1 spot) and logging with them,player count doubled within a week so it's not a big issue.Instead play a lot more.Because someone out there with 2-3 ps3/friends will crush your 8k.

Still, if we're with a big enough group, most people could earn it in their week, and if everyone does the account thingy, we raise our own chances for the people in their week, the amount of randoms will decrease compared to the amount of people who earned it

Good luck with your plan but in my opinion it isn’t going to work. You can’t choose how many people are allowed to get this trophy per week. You can’t choose what amount of XP is needed to get in the top 1%. 10 dummy accounts to log in with? Have fun creating lots of new email addresses. There are going to be far more people going for this trophy that don’t see this thread compared to how many that do see it. Not trying to be an asshole about this but you need to be realistic, there’s only one way to get this trophy and that’s putting in the work and long hours to get enough XP to be in the top 1%. I would also suggest changing the topic name because you simply can’t guarantee that anyone here will get the trophy following your plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

I'll start by saying: it seems impossible to get this trophy the way we are doing this right now, still, i think there is a solution that could benefit us all.

The reason why this trophy is becoming such a pain, is because we all try to earn this asap, we're helping eachother fighting eachother, which in turn asks more time, more frustration, and more pain. We are NOT beating the game this way, the game beats US (if not ingame, then it beats us mentally). This is why i tend to start a plan which could benefit all of us, but therefore i need basically everyone who tries this. 

1. Drop the XP needed to get in top 1%

This way we'll be able to at  least drop the time needed to get this, for everyone, something not too low (too much randoms popping in) something not too high, i'd say 8000 xp. When you get that, you stop. 

2. Organise boosting sessions for every week thats left

We should set an amount of players (start with like 20 or so) per week to get this trophy, if we lower the xp, we wont need a full week off of work/school to get this, so theres more weeks to choose from. 

2.1 everyone going for this trophy boosts with whoever they can find to get that 8k, create games called 'psnprofiles1' for example; this could raise the amount of people joining in (if they see 10 games with psnprofiles in it... They'll see there's something going on and they will look up because they'll be scared about this huge organised group going for vgc, so they at least will know about this, and for their own benefit, join in) 

This should raise the amount of players, and therefore the amount of people going for the trophies (10 accounts x 10 weeks = 100 logins = 1 spot in vgc, your own spot) we should roughly be able to sense the amount of players there'll be in a week, therefore we could raise the amount of people per week to earn this trophy

Thats somehow how i think this trophy can be achieved, with less trouble

We could create session for 8 or 9 weeks, if anyone didnt get their trophy and the other weeks are all full, u could create sessions for the weeks after that, and fill up those spots, if everyone agrees to this, we will get this.

Boosting google document for signups:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oFEz-G6KQppVK16cAE3cBitJCNzUNgvHXOUA1kqlnIc/edit?usp=sharing (thanks to ABADAWhiteCat) 

Document is editable, add timezone & region & also your score in the week you're going for this, this way people can help out if someone is lacking behind, and add partners if needed. 

Any problems or suggestions? Feel free to tell/ask

Dont know, but my suggestion to everyone thats going for the trophy is to do atleast 20 000 xp, to be sure.

MY BOOSTING METHOD: 

PLAYERS: 2 of 2 (Pr server) No need to fill the server with 10 boosters or whatever like, in the end all of you are going for it.

MODE: Bodycount

MAP: Beach Head
TIME: 11 min (This way you dont loose to much xp)

BOOSTING TIME A DAY: 8-12 hours a day. 

HOST: The guy thats being killed.

ROUNDS: 3 (you enter a 4th round, then get 2 kills and be killed once, The guy thats dying the 2times quits first) 
QUITS: 4th round (Remember to sign out of PSN both players.)

Boosting method: 

The guy that is being killed spawns on helghast team (on the bunker spawn point) the killing guy stands on the right side of the bunker(this way he will allways see the spawn.

you will average a total of 45 kills a round. If you get 4 points each headshot kill you will average around 180 points a round after some practice.plus the bonus tho which is 1.5 extra :) 

and 2 out of 3 matches will register with this method. 

If it does not register you are not signing out of PSN or you are doing something wrong idk. Atleast for me it registered 2 out of 3. 

But anyways theres no point creating a list like that. Because that list is maybe 10% of the players thats going for these 4 trophies.Theres also a lot of ppl thats not on this site thats going for it. And the mor weeks it nears closure of the servers, the more and more players it is going to be. This week looks also crazy.

But anyways good to luck to everyone thats going for  the weekly trophies :) 

Edited by Chris H

17 minutes ago, Chris H said:

MY BOOSTING METHOD: 

PLAYERS: 2 of 2 (Pr server) No need to fill the server with 10 boosters or whatever like, in the end all of you are going for it.

ROUNDS: 3 (you enter a 4th round, then get 2 kills and be killed once, The guy thats dying the 2times quits first) 

Can I ask, what is the relevance of signing out of PSN after every three matches?

37 minutes ago, Chris H said:

snip

The person doing the killing spawns as Helghast, they run right up the left side of the map. When you get to the ISA HQ there is a turret on your right but you can run past this and up the stairs taking you to where the ISA spawns and in here the turrets can’t kill you. That way you are right in front of the person being killed meaning you can headshot them easily from pont blank range. Also the servers have been rubbish for years and no one has found a way that can guarantee your results get saved more often so in my opinion don’t waste time quitting a game or logging out on PSN, use that time to farm more XP.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

The person doing the killing spawns as Helghast, they run right up the left side of the map. When you get to the ISA HQ there is a turret on your right but you can run past this and up the stairs taking you to where the ISA spawns and in here the turrets can’t kill you. That way you are right in front of the person being killed meaning you can headshot them easily from pont blank range. Also the servers have been rubbish for years and no one has found a way that can guarantee your results get saved more often so in my opinion don’t waste time quitting a game or logging out on PSN, use that time to farm more XP.

Yeah maybe, but my method works aswell really well :P I figured this out on mid friday, i only had 3900xp on friday, and ended up with this method on 18500, imagine if i figured this out on Monday, i would of problobly ended up well over 30k. I boosted 63hours that week. only 22 hours registered, but then again i started doing this method like 5pm on friday :) 

Edited by Chris H

8 minutes ago, Chris H said:

Yeah maybe, but my method works aswell really well :P I figured this out on mid friday, i only had 3900xp on friday, and ended up with this method on 18500, imagine if i figured this out on Monday, i would of problobly ended up well over 30k. I boosted 63hours that week. only 22 hours registered, but then again i started doing this method like 5pm on friday :) 

Maybe it was just because I was farming 3 people that left their game running while turbo controllers spawned them in that spawning as Helghast to kill ISA was easier :P Also if you were getting 2 out of 3 matchs to register then shouldn’t you have gotten 2/3s of your time spent farming to register instead of 1/3?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Maybe it was just because I was farming 3 people that left their game running while turbo controllers spawned them in that spawning as Helghast to kill ISA was easier :P Also if you were getting 2 out of 3 matchs to register then shouldn’t you have gotten 2/3s of your time spent farming to register instead of 1/3?

Yeah, but monday to friday i did radec accademy, 15min rounds. Friday the guy that was first that week explained that method to me, at this point i had 3900 :) And thats why i reached 18500 in 3 days :)

2 hours ago, Chris H said:

Dont know, but my suggestion to everyone thats going for the trophy is to do atleast 20 000 xp, to be sure.

MY BOOSTING METHOD: 

Boosting method: 

The guy that is being killed spawns on helghast team (on the bunker spawn point) the killing guy stands on the right side of the bunker(this way he will allways see the spawn.

you will average a total of 45 kills a round. If you get 4 points each headshot kill you will average around 180 points a round after some practice.plus the bonus tho which is 1.5 extra :) 

and 2 out of 3 matches will register with this method. 

If it does not register you are not signing out of PSN or you are doing something wrong idk. Atleast for me it registered 2 out of 3. 

But anyways theres no point creating a list like that. Because that list is maybe 10% of the players thats going for these 4 trophies.Theres also a lot of ppl thats not on this site thats going for it. And the mor weeks it nears closure of the servers, the more and more players it is going to be. This week looks also crazy.

But anyways good to luck to everyone thats going for  the weekly trophies :) 

Tried this now. I could actually run past the turret and get inside the left bunker. Pretty sweet. Hoping the stats will save.

EDIT: didn't save any of the 3 (or 4 rounds).

Edited by ABADAWhiteCat
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Do pistol only matches give extra xp?

For me they did. ?

But, I was just out fragging everyone. I don't think you can manipulate XP through menu options, but I found pistol headshots to be key for me.

I played about 10 hours for the first 3 days, and was #1 on the leaderboards. I didn't play again until Saturday, and I ended up being 6th or 7th overall for the week.

Find a game mode and playstyle that works for you, and roll with it. For example, just because you WANT to be a Sniper, doesn't mean you're any good at it. Play support and use spawn grenades to help your team get advantageous spawn points. Repair ammo caches so even the biggest scrub on your team can still cower behind the ammo crate and spam grenades and perhaps get a lucky kill.

But, again, these are just general tips that work on most co-op/squad based games. I prefer (and excelled) at Pistol Only Deathmatch (or whatever the free-for-all mode was called).

EDIT: As for the quitting after 3 rounds, this works in several games. Can't remember if KZ2 is one of them, but I support this as a safety precaution, as well as foreign servers.

Edited by dj_helyx
bekuz i fergot sumfin

1 minute ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

How do you know whether the XP is counted for the ranks?

It should update every 30-90 minutes, perhaps even longer by this point. You can check your standing/rankings in the Leaderboard menus.

• Like 1

If you have a look at the results screen you will see in the top left hand corner the saving icon flashing briefly. This is when your XP is saved, whether it actually counts is another thing. It should update pretty much straight away, a few minutes at most.

Edit: there is no way to check your current position as the current weeks leaderboard is empty. You can compare yourself to your friends and see the previous weeks leaderboard though.

Edited by FilmFanatic