Crown Guide.

LordNEET

23 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

So anybody got some decent Kushala measuring video/screen? And I mean a good and proper one. I watched the ones from top of YouTube search and mine Kushala was the same size... I'm going nuts, because I killed today like 20 of them which I thought were gold ones and didn't even get the silver one... I think something is off here, because it can't get any bigger than on my screenshot above, it's the biggest one and still nothing... I mean, come on! Wtf is going on with this game... 

Most boring platinum ever... Even Borderlands weren't such a boring grind for platinum.... 

i used this for my kushala 

For Kushala, you have to really pay attention to the position of his leg if you are measuring the knee bend. He could stop some seconds in different position than the videos and screw up the measurement.

Moreover, when he sits there is no good way to measure him. The "X" on the side is kind of not reliable. Not to mention you have to use fucking rocksteady mantle to stay near him and measure.

I ended up killing every Kushala that had the knee bend above my head to be sure. By far my worst monster. I killed him 90+ times, and many many investigations where I just quit because it was too little. Shit Kushala.

Today I just randomly found giant azure Rathalos.

I will wait for the events (and the beautiful Wyvern Engine Greatsword)

I had to work for giant kushala but I finally got it a couple days ago, that and giant nergigante gave me the most problems.  I waited for it to stand still and the base of the concave that meets the leg at the bottom of the joint was well above my head.  I had a lot of large ones, but this one was noticeably larger than all the large ones I had seen.   

2 minutes ago, In2umniaKillH3r said:

I also, can't find a Giant Kushala, been at it for a few weeks. 
I keep re-downloading an older save cause i always ran out of investigations.

I'm also missing a Giant Girros, which i will do with the upcoming event and Small Lavasioth shouldn't be a problem.

I wonder if save scumming is detrimental for crown hunting.

Yesterday and today I found giant Diablos and giant Rathalos. It's interesting the fact that in the same investigation, I found silver crown Rathalos/Diablos and then gold crown Rathalos/Diablos. As if investigations spawn with a predetermined range size. If you get the correct investigation, you will have what you need. As if there are investigations where the range size is on the mini side, or normal side, or giant side.

If it's like this, then save scumming will not help since you will keep using the same investigations that proved themselves to be not in the desired range.

4 hours ago, Tamikuz said:

only big ones >.> usually i track 4-5 investigations and start to  measure , when they are to small i quit the quest and start over , my biggest so far was lets see ... 2254.71

My biggest one before I got the Gold Crown was 2254.71 too hahaha. Keep trying, you only need one little bigger, 2273.18 exactly.

This is a good website to know about MH. You can check crown sizes of the monsters too.

https://mhworld.kiranico.com/monster/nergigante

I earned 25 crowns so far in not so much time including mini nergigante, kushala, large teostra and both bazelguese.. i m farming almost only vaal hazak for the last 7-10 days in the hardest investigations and used up all less try-less time-gold reward investigations, even leveled up by 35-40 but all i had in all this process is a silver crown.. 

I am about to vomit up, talk about a game that have been a very much fun so far being a pain in the very arse ??

Edited by Darpiom

10 hours ago, megatonante said:

Yesterday and today I found giant Diablos and giant Rathalos. It's interesting the fact that in the same investigation, I found silver crown Rathalos/Diablos and then gold crown Rathalos/Diablos. As if investigations spawn with a predetermined range size. If you get the correct investigation, you will have what you need. As if there are investigations where the range size is on the mini side, or normal side, or giant side.

If it's like this, then save scumming will not help since you will keep using the same investigations that proved themselves to be not in the desired range.

I get what you’re saying but I’m nt sure how it must work - I killed over 50 Kush and got no crowns using all kinds of investigations. Then I used a 50 mins 3 faints, one gold reward investigation. It had 3 tries. First try gave me a mini crown. Second try was average sized and I quit out. 3rd and final try was a giant crown. Basically the exact same investigation gave me both a mini crown and a giant crown.

55 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

I earned 25 crowns so far in not so much time including mini nergigante, kushala, large teostra and both bazelguese.. i m farming almost only vaal hazak for the last 7-10 days in the hardest investigations and used up all less try-less time-gold reward investigations, even leveled up by 35-40 but all i had in all this process is a silver crown.. 

I am about to vomit up, talk about a game that have been a very much fun so far being a pain in the very arse 1f62b.png1f62b.png

Hahaha, the RNG is ridiculous 

I get Vaal Hazak's two crowns in 3 investigationes in SOS, yes: 3. However, the giant Nergigante one took me a lot them. I'd like to think Kushala and Teostra are similar case Vaal Hazak ??

1 hour ago, smudgedhorizon said:

I get what you’re saying but I’m nt sure how it must work - I killed over 50 Kush and got no crowns using all kinds of investigations. Then I used a 50 mins 3 faints, one gold reward investigation. It had 3 tries. First try gave me a mini crown. Second try was average sized and I quit out. 3rd and final try was a giant crown. Basically the exact same investigation gave me both a mini crown and a giant crown.

Yeah, then my theory is not correct : )

12 hours ago, TizonaES said:

My biggest one before I got the Gold Crown was 2254.71 too hahaha. Keep trying, you only need one little bigger, 2273.18 exactly.

This is a good website to know about MH. You can check crown sizes of the monsters too.

update : reached 100 kills still no gold >.> it goes on and on

Edited by Tamikuz

18 hours ago, megatonante said:

I remember reading something about investigations working like decoration melding, as in, they're on a sort of table that advance every time you do a quest. If this were true, if you backup a save, do an investigation, then restore the save and do the same one, you'd get the exact same size, but if you restore, do something else, then go back to that first investigation, you'd get a new size.

I don't know if this is really how it works (personally, I doubt it), but even if you assume it is, save scumming wouldn't be a problem as long as you don't repeat the same missions in the exact same order. I have been using save backups to avoid farming new investigations, and I do find new crowns every now and then from ones that gave me nothing before, so at the very least I doubt there is a size range limit in place.

Also, for those farming Daora crowns (I understand your pain guys): if you fight it in the forest, when he sits down he'll almost always rests his tail on his right side, close to a little log with a wiggly litchi. You can compare the tail to the log to get a rough idea of his size (for example, if the tail clearly passes through the litchi, it's a pretty small Kush). Not foolproof sadly (I keep getting a small one at around 1760), but at least useful to discard the average ones.

22 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

i can confirm this even further that i got both mini radobaan and giant bazelgeuse from the same quest

Can someone tell me how to measure small Black Diablos? I'm seriously getting ticked off after spending 6 hours going through investigations. None of them that I killed were even a small silver crown so my measuring must be completely wrong.  I got his large about 10 quests in but his small, it's been around 50-60 and not even silver..  Wish they would just implement the size after each run so I can gauge better. 

1 minute ago, Tatipu said:

Can someone tell me how to measure small Black Diablos? I'm seriously getting ticked off after spending 6 hours going through investigations. None of them that I killed were even a small silver crown so my measuring must be completely wrong.  I got his large about 10 quests in but his small, it's been around 50-60 and not even silver..  Wish they would just implement the size after each run so I can gauge better. 

Small silver crowns don't exist.

1 hour ago, Tatipu said:

I was about to say you were lying but i just check a ton of guild cards and they didn't.  Well that's just dumb. How do I gauge small sizes then?

Through videos and experience. Afterall the most common monster you see should be normal size.

Usually the "heel" of the monster is used in comparison to your hunter's head.

On 27.3.2018 at 1:13 AM, TizonaES said:

update update : GOT HIM , after 2 and half weeks ! this feels good ! Quest was Temperd with 3 items 3 Faints 30 min  now Small Kirin is left and Both BDiablos and im done >.> i will need some rest after the plat im already 350 hours in xD29063743_2145551792128378_35639280417448

Edited by Tamikuz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamikuz said:

update update : GOT HIM , after 2 and half weeks ! this feels good ! Quest was Temperd with 3 items 3 Faints 30 min  now Small Kirin is left and Both BDiablos and im done >.> i will need some rest after the plat im already 350 hours in xD29063743_2145551792128378_35639280417448

Congrarts!!! ✌️

• Like 1

On 26/03/2018 at 9:32 AM, smudgedhorizon said:

I’ve had my silver crown update 3 times now, my game is trolling me HARD! 

Any tips at all on measuring him? I’ve fought so many now and so many I was convinced were huge I feel like I’ve lost the ability to size him at all ?

I have no idea tbh. I didn't even know I was a fighting a mini Teostro until I saw the crown at the end lol However, the video guide @Tamikuz posted seems like an excellent guide for measuring the elder dragons and one I'll be using for the rest of the elder dragon crowns. Sorry I couldn't be more help :)

11 hours ago, Darpiom said:

interesting indeed but didnt seem logical to me.. manipulating monsters sizes by crafting item 1f644.png 

if someone tries  and confirms this, please let us know though

I've been following this guys advice on how to get crowns and he isn't convinced by the max potion workaround. He calls it a "waste of time".

https://www.trueachievements.com/a247016/giant-crown-master-achievement

P.S. anybody else feel dirty posting links from a xbox achievement site onto psnprofiles? Just me? I'll stop so ?

7 hours ago, megatonante said:

Through videos and experience. Afterall the most common monster you see should be normal size.

Usually the "heel" of the monster is used in comparison to your hunter's head.

Unfortunately I have seen a lot of videos. My brain just can't comprehend black diablos I guess. I can see obvious larger one. Just normal/small I've seen no difference or I've just never seen a small as he's still pretty big regardless. The videos I've seen on YouTube show people getting small crowns after shock trap and they're slightly shorter than left foot and I've killed dozens that "seem" like that to no avail.   

Maybe I'm just pissed since he's annoying to kill lol.