Crown Guide.

LordNEET

42 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

Wait do you mean all the quests have a higher change to give a golden crown?

The three that happened before (Deep Green Blues, Coral Waltz, Wildspire Bolero), the one that starts this week (Effluvial Opera), and the one that starts next week (Rock N Roll Recess). All have higher chances for large gold and mini crowns.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:06 PM, megatonante said:

I wonder if save scumming is detrimental for crown hunting.

Yesterday and today I found giant Diablos and giant Rathalos. It's interesting the fact that in the same investigation, I found silver crown Rathalos/Diablos and then gold crown Rathalos/Diablos. As if investigations spawn with a predetermined range size. If you get the correct investigation, you will have what you need. As if there are investigations where the range size is on the mini side, or normal side, or giant side.

If it's like this, then save scumming will not help since you will keep using the same investigations that proved themselves to be not in the desired range.

I've used save scumming for Small Black Diablos and it worked.

I've also finally got Giant Kushala with save scumming. Thank god.

I'm only missing Small Lavasioth for platinum but i'll wait for next week event.

1 hour ago, VaR0_XxTh3b said:

Seems that large Val is a myth, I've been hunting him for over a week, 110 kills, and nothing, even the biggest ones where silver crowns.... Anyone in the same situation?

me ??

even crying here didnt work for two weeks

3 hours ago, VaR0_XxTh3b said:

Seems that large Val is a myth, I've been hunting him for over a week, 110 kills, and nothing, even the biggest ones where silver crowns.... Anyone in the same situation?

i had a little bit over 100 kills before i got small vaal, and he was one of the last ones i needed

3 hours ago, VaR0_XxTh3b said:

Same situation here. No matter what I do or what size, I can't seem to get that damn crown. Bizarrely enough, we had a huge Vaal yesterday and when we killed it, it dropped a damn mini crown?!?!?!?!?! As if the game just wants to troll us. 

That being said, Vaal, Kirin and Bazel build my Trinity of Depression. Seems like the game is programmed not to give me crowns for them whatsoever unless I really, really, really waste my time on them 24/7. And even then it's down to pure luck. 

6 minutes ago, ihate_ray said:

Last elder I need is kirin but I can't event find investigations for him. I try joining sos but pups get one shotted by him -_-

I had the same problem, you might have to finish an optional quest called "lighining strike twice" or something like that, and go back to coral vale and find some tracks and you should get kirin investigations.

8 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

I had the same problem, you might have to finish an optional quest called "lighining strike twice" or something like that, and go back to coral vale and find some tracks and you should get kirin investigations.

I got to coral and I can only find one kirin track. Out of the whole place it's just one and it's in the same spot over and over again

4 hours ago, ihate_ray said:

I got to coral and I can only find one kirin track. Out of the whole place it's just one and it's in the same spot over and over again

you don't need kirin track specifically to get kirin investigation. you can get other monsters tracks. 

I can't find large bazel in the event : (

Crying here really work wonders: bazel gold crown found. 

Now I will wait for the other events. 

Edited by megatonante
  • Like 1

It's been a good weekend for crown hunting. Got large Vaal, large B. Diablos, large odogaron, large Radobaan, and small Bagel. Just need both crowns for Kushala and Nerg then all the elder's recess monsters, but there's an event for that coming up. The platinum is getting closer and closer

Three days and counting and i still haven't gotten a single mini crown from the effluvial event. Just need a mini girros and mini radobaan and i'll have all crowns for this event. 

Edit:

Literally 5 minutes after posting the above i got both mini crowns in the same event ??

Edited by Miles_Warren
  • Like 2