A quick tip to max HP/Stamina faster.

Quink666

28 minutes ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

Wow, good tip. Can it be done on ps3 version as well?

As long a new game+ works the same way im guessing it will work. Meaning you can start a ng+ at anytime.

I have no personal experience with the PS3 version. 

• 2 weeks later...

Time attacks don't increase your health or stamina, I believe. Also a tip to make it faster: you don't actually have to save your game. The game auto saves after you kill each colossus. So just quit to the main menu after being in the shrine again to save some more time.

Why does it have to be the first 2 rather than just the one is what I am wondering. Any reason for that?

On 3/3/2018 at 3:06 PM, Quink666 said:

As long a new game+ works the same way im guessing it will work. Meaning you can start a ng+ at anytime.

I have no personal experience with the PS3 version. 

Also this is inaccurate. You cannot start a NG cycle any time you want on the PS3 version. Each playthrough is individual. So on PS3 you actually have to play the entire game (and time attack if you want weapons and items) and complete the game over and over in order to max Hp/Stamina. Bluepoint did everyone a favor by allowing HP/Stamina gains and items to carry over as well as allowing for you to start a NG+ anytime after the first playthrough's completion. If you have any questions about the PS3 version (or PS2) let me know and I will be happy to answer them.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 1:02 PM, LurchSkywalker said:

Why does it have to be the first 2 rather than just the one is what I am wondering. Any reason for that?

Also this is inaccurate. You cannot start a NG cycle any time you want on the PS3 version. Each playthrough is individual. So on PS3 you actually have to play the entire game (and time attack if you want weapons and items) and complete the game over and over in order to max Hp/Stamina. Bluepoint did everyone a favor by allowing HP/Stamina gains and items to carry over as well as allowing for you to start a NG+ anytime after the first playthrough's completion. If you have any questions about the PS3 version (or PS2) let me know and I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you for the clarification. I have finished my first run on ps3 and wanted to try this method, but I have found there is no NG+ option like ps4 version has.

Is there any easy way to achieve max HP / Stamina other than play around 3-4 entire runs?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I swear to god this trophy is just killing me. I’ve grinded away for several days now, I’m on my 6TH PLAY THROUGH, 1 normal, 5 on easy. Really don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I have 31 lizards, 119 fruit eaten. My stamina bar has hardly moved in the last 2 play throughs and only seems to move an inch IF I get a couple of lizards before I kill a Colossus. 

Now, if I eat any fruit, my health bar immediately becomes greater than the stamina bar, even though I thought I maxed out the health bar long ago, can any of you guys help? Driving me crazy.

This is my current health/stamina bars:

70702055-356-A-413-F-97-B6-BBEE7-D6-ED01

Edited by ziggypop_79

23 minutes ago, ziggypop_79 said:

I swear to god this trophy is just killing me. I’ve grinded away for several days now, I’m on my 6TH PLAY THROUGH, 1 normal, 5 on easy. Really don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I have 31 lizards, 119 fruit eaten. My stamina bar has hardly moved in the last 2 play throughs and only seems to move an inch IF I get a couple of lizards before I kill a Colossus. 

Now, if I eat any fruit, my health bar immediately becomes greater than the stamina bar, even though I thought I maxed out the health bar long ago, can any of you guys help? Driving me crazy.

This is my current health/stamina bars:

70702055-356-A-413-F-97-B6-BBEE7-D6-ED01

Pretty sure 6 playthroughs should have gotten you the trophy. Try what i suggested in the top of this thread. Kill the 3 first Colossi then start a new NG+ and repeat. Since the 3 first are all real easy and quick to kill you should get it in no time. I only needed 2 playthroughs and about 90 minutes of grinding the first bosses. Not sure if the trials gave any stats though.

You might be able to use this video a reference if he indeed has max HP/stamina bars. Try and compare them with yours as best you can.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

as much as I'm loving the game, the grind to max the stamina is really boring after 4 playthroughs and knowing all the colossi mechanics. I now started with the OP method to beat the first two colossi and start a new game, and I hope to see some results soon. I'm almost ready for the big climb and seal the Platinum.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 15/2/2018 at 9:21 AM, mekktor said:

Ok this tip may in fact level you up faster but I have to ask anyone planning on doing it... why would you rather do this more repetitive method to level up a little bit faster and possibly even leave you with bad feelings about the game instead of just playing through the game a few times and having fun with it? Serious question.

Personally, after playing through the game a bunch of times and going through the bosses specifically even more times due to the trials, both the 1-2 grind and going through whole playthroughs feel tedious to me. So I'll just pick the method that is more time efficient by far, which is the former.

If there was a way to grind this in a boss rush fashion, where you went through all the bosses one after another and get health/stamina for each, then I'd probably choose that. But there's no such thing and the travel time inbetween bosses tends to get longer the further you go into the game - plus, to begin with I definitely don't like all bosses equally. Phaedra is extremely dull and so are Plegia and Basaran. Frankly, the less I need to kill those enemies, the better.

Once I'm done with my deathless speedrun and start grinding this I'll just put some music on and hack away at Colossi 1 and 2 until it's over. Far from ideal but at least it's completely brainless, given how close to the starting point they are and how quickly they can be killed (you can even jump onto #2's back from above and remove the whole bit where you need to shoot its soles).

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 7/16/2022 at 6:32 AM, Umdytr said:

If there was a way to grind this in a boss rush fashion, where you went through all the bosses one after another and get health/stamina for each, then I'd probably choose that. But there's no such thing and the travel time inbetween bosses tends to get longer the further you go into the game - plus, to begin with I definitely don't like all bosses equally. Phaedra is extremely dull and so are Plegia and Basaran. Frankly, the less I need to kill those enemies, the better.

To me Plegia is the most frustrating colossus as this game has the funniest swimming style i have ever seen and this colossus could just walk the whole court, leaving Wander struggling in the water helplessly.

And I was struggling with the final colossus a lot during the TA, it is just too long a trip and easy to be set back for big chunk.

• 6 months later...

Final numbers were 72 colossi, 32 lizards.

Each lizard is worth 1/8th colossi (so 8 lizards = 1 colossus). You need about 75 colossi to max out stamina.

The trophy popped for me after slaying Valus in a NG+ but I didn't get a notification. Apparently it happens to a lot of people. Trophy won't show up during the death cinematic. Always check your trophy list if you think you should have it by now.