When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

7 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Absolutely love PS3, it's the place I get the most enjoyment when gaming. I love been able to play any game and 9/10 times it only has a tiny update and I'm playing within 1-2min. It's also nice knowing the majority of the games aren't a broken mess like today's games. 

And the trophy ping, by far the best imo, and you can clearly hear it. 

Also as a PS4 Pro owner knowing I can play any game in silence is a great feeling lol. I have to Super Slims I mainly use and even when they are both running I can barely hear them. 

I still love my PS3 Slim for the above reasons too! No waiting for big updates to download, or ridiculously sized games, most of the time it is putting a disc in and maybe installing a small update. It is crazy how times change since then, and yes, the game quality was definitely better then, with less bugs and glitches plaguing our love for gaming. 

The PS3 trophy sound is iconic and nostalgic too, it is a sound we can never unhear after many years of hearing it. 

I must admit, my PS3 Slim is not a loud machine by any means, especially compared to my PS4, but it runs well after all this time and it says a lot about the quality the PS3 era gave us in terms of hardware and software. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Also as a PS4 Pro owner knowing I can play any game in silence is a great feeling lol. I have to Super Slims I mainly use and even when they are both running I can barely hear them. 

13 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

I must admit, my PS3 Slim is not a loud machine by any means, especially compared to my PS4, but it runs well after all this time and it says a lot about the quality the PS3 era gave us in terms of hardware and software. 

Interesting to read that about the fan noise in ps3 slim/super slims vs PS4 models. I bought a 2nd hand PS4 last year (hard and expensive to find units in new condition) and even after replacing the thermal paste, the fan noise is quite annoying, something I definitely didn't happen all these years playing in my super slim ps3, I thought it was due to the ps4 I bought being an OG Fat model from 2014, but it seems that is quite widespread issue.

On 3/23/2024 at 9:04 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Once my Premium Plus runs out I will be going back to PS3 for a bit and I can't wait. Absolutely love PS3, it's the place I get the most enjoyment when gaming. I love been able to play any game and 9/10 times it only has a tiny update and I'm playing within 1-2min. It's also nice knowing the majority of the games aren't a broken mess like today's games. 

And the trophy ping, by far the best imo, and you can clearly hear it. 

Load times might be a bit longer than you remember. I just cleaned up my last few trophies on Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day from 9 years ago and the wait between menu screens was the real test.

Still, I intend to finish my PS3 backlog.

So my limit is based upon, the amount of games available to platinum, obviously games with dead servers, online trophies or multiplayer are out of the question.

I read every games trophy list before I attempt to play the game.

If a Game is a straight forward Platinum with no multiplayer trophies... I'll play it. Also depends if I can get the DLC physical copy of a game. I mean there are enough games to keep me busy on a PS3, PSVita, PS4 and 5, that are straight forward Platinum trophies no bs.

• Confused 1

Still have the PS3 but left those days behind now.

There are so many great games stuck there though which pains me, like Dragon Ball games, GTA IV, inFamous, Fallout, Assassin's Creed 1, Battlefield Bad Companies+3, older Saints Row, so, so many.

But I can't go back to that for them, they must be brought forward.

Edited by J-S_93

6 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

But I can't go back to that for them, they must be brought forward.

That may be too much to ask for the studios affected, unfortunately. Far too many great games are stuck on the PlayStation 3. From what developers have shared about how tricky the system was to work on, it seems we shouldn't expect the revival of some of those IPs for some time - if at all.

Those who have access to PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus Premium should consider themselves lucky, these services are not available where I am in the world so it means being locked out of PS3 games unless I am using the PS3 itself. I'm not complaining about this as I enjoy using my PS3, but additional accessibility wouldn't hurt.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

I still have many of my old consoles. I definitely enjoyed the ps3. I'm still mostly on my PS5/PC but I still like to go back to my older consoles every now and then. I still got a backlog of games on ps3 so I'll be playing till the end of time if possible 😄

I guess that i will play on my ps3s as long as I will play videogames at all. That was my generation when i was in school so it is very special for me, I have 2 FAT (1 which can play ps2 games, 1 slim and 1 superslim) and i change them every few months. I have a big backlog and I play some old classics too, so its never getting boring. But atm I do playing more on my PC ...

Edited by Philipppowitsch