When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

363212.jpg?b64lines=IFdlJ3JlIGdvaW5nIHRvIGtlZXAgb24KIHJvY2tpbmcgdGhlIFBTMyBmb3JldmVyLiAKIEZvcmV2ZXIsIGZvcmV2ZXIsIGZvcmV2ZXIuLg==

Honestly this is my intention ^

Once consoles go full digital only I am going to consider stopping at that point and just go backwards again.

I already have a sizable backlog of PS4, PS3 and VITA games, not to mention a host of pre-trophy consoles from my youth that I still want to get back to - Mega Drive, Mega CD, PS2, N64, Dreamcast, Saturn, Wii U and newer mini consoles.

• Like 2

When the licenses stop functioning for the trophyless games and I'm gonna stop playing almost all games with trophies on PS3 when the trophies stop syncing with my PSN account. There's virtually no chance whatsoever the trophies will stop popping (they save to the system). But a future where most or all PS3 trophies stop syncing with PSN? That seems dead certain. 

• Like 1

Once I've finished my current backlog for it. Of course, that's easier said than done, considering how I've got quite a few games left in the to-play list (e.g., Splinter Cell HD collection, every Ratchet title that isn't 1, 2, or All 4 One). Given my fondness for making spontaneous purchases, though, it's quite possible that I'll end up getting sidetracked and add even more games to it, so who knows when I'll actually complete it? :P 

Working on some plats I can get and still buying some games that are cheap. Can you even still at least co-op some games on ps3? I mostly just avoid online games or games with online trophies, sad I took it for granted. 

I really don't know.

I still have the German version of Dead Space 2 to do, CSI Fatal Conspiricy, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom, Book of Spells/ Potions. Its a pretty long list all whilst working on some PS5 games and one or two PS4 (Nearly done with PS4 tbh)

• 2 weeks later...

Once I've worked through all the titles on it I've bought but never touched or when it stops working. Whichever comes first. Been trying to convince a friend to sell me his practically unused one since he never games, but it's a hard sell for reasons. Sort of hoping we find a proper replacement eventually.

Stop? I just started playing it hahah

Being someone that got his first playstation console 3 years ago when the PS5 came out, there are still so many good games out there that you can only experience with the PS3 (comparing with other playstations only). 

I bought a PS3 a few months ago and so far I've played for the 1st time: GTA IV, Alice Madness Returns and Madagascar Kartz.

I didn't have much time yet but I still plan to play: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, God of War Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus, Infamous 1, Puppeteer, Rage, COD Black Ops 1, X-Men Origins Wolverine, The Saboteur and probably many more if I get there! 

• Like 3

I'll stop playing it when I'm done with my gaming log. I've still several games to do, pretty long like many Tales of titles or Metal Gear Solid ones.

Kingdom Hearts, Shadow of the Colossus...

And Dragon's Crown. Hope online still works by the way. IIRC it's much much easier to do with real players cooperating.

Edited by ChouShirakawa

I think I will never stop playing on my PS3 :D at least as long as I still have some games to play and to get the platinum trophies of them.

I play PS4 and PS5 games for years now but since last year I started to play more on my PS3 when I need a break from all these Open World and long games which almost all the modern games nowadays are (except for Indies)

So I decided to finish these PS3 games to enjoy the "good old" linear games haha and even buy some PS3 games which I didn't play back then so I think it will never stop😅

PS: I still have one of the first PS3s which can read PS2 games and every now and then my brother and I play some battles in Def Jam: Fight for New York (hopefully we will get a remaster of remake of this game same day :D even though I don't think this will happen because of the licensing issues) so as long as my PS3 works I will use it for this game haha

• Like 2

Maybe no timeline, but there are only a couple of games that, one day, I will go and Plat. I started Fallout 3 in 2009 and plan to finish that off one day. I have one trophy left for the SOCOM: Special Forces plat (the Elite play through) - I had to put that game down due to the difficulty and just never came back to it. There is also Dead Space 2 which I started and just didn't get through it for some reason.

Not sure I can be bothered with the Batman Arkham Asylum challenges.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:46 PM, espjh2 said:

I have one trophy left for the SOCOM: Special Forces plat (the Elite play through) - I had to put that game down due to the difficulty and just never came back to it.

Same here.. I somehow 100% on my other account... 

But many years later I tried to finish it on this account, but have so much difficulty.. 

Which one are you stuck on?

When the hardware stops working. I recently bought 3 more PS3's so I can play on and on and on. I hope Sony at least allows us to synch trophies for as long as possible. I don't really care about game servers, but synching is important. However, if they do end it, I'll still play my games. PS3 is by far my fave Gen. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...