When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

Until I run out of games that it has that are in my backlog or the game get ported or remastered onto PS4 or PS5 then I'd play that version instead. With remakes it depends because sometimes I want to play the original and see the original design choices that sometimes get lost in translation. But yeah it still has a few hidden gems unavailable on a newer system 

• Like 1

Honestly, I've pretty much stopped playing altogether. Even though I still have a substantial backlog of games, I just can't find the motivation to dive back in. The controller is a far cry from the DS4 in terms of quality. Yet, there's this persistent urge that nags at me, reminding me of all the PS3 games I haven't even started or finished. My console is still connected to my TV, and I see it every single day. But that's all it is: I see it, and it stares back at me, like a hungry dog eyeing a piece of your kebab.

img_00786udba.jpg

5 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Honestly, I've pretty much stopped playing altogether. Even though I still have a substantial backlog of games, I just can't find the motivation to dive back in. The controller is a far cry from the DS4 in terms of quality. Yet, there's this persistent urge that nags at me, reminding me of all the PS3 games I haven't even started or finished. My console is still connected to my TV, and I see it every single day. But that's all it is: I see it, and it stares back at me, like a hungry dog eyeing a piece of your kebab.

img_00786udba.jpg

You can use the DS4 as a controller for the PS3. It will pair perfectly fine without the need for any third party devices.

On 9/25/2023 at 10:35 AM, RalfH89 said:

Thinking about picking one up to clean some things up. Haha. 

One day later, I bought a PS3 and Assassin's Creed 2 very cheap, and with a one year warranty!

AC2 is the top one on my trophy advisor from days gone by. 

IT'S TIME!

On 6/10/2018 at 3:00 AM, Viper said:

I have a hefty backlog of PS3 games still, but I have noticed that I've slowly migrated over to my PS4 more often. I usually have to convince myself that it's time to get a PS3 games done.

So, I have no time frame, I can imagine still playing the PS3 when the PS5 is out. But I am slowly fading away from it.

How true this was. I still have that backlog of PS3 games. Hell, I've only added to it over time. But I really don't play it hardly at all anymore...I think I've played one PS3 game this year (X-Men Destiny) and that was back in February. I think it comes down more to what I have to play, requires multiple playthroughs and highest difficulties and when I look at what I have to play on PS4 or PS5 that's less taxing I tend to gravitate towards them instead. 

There is a part of me that wants to really dive head first back into the PS3 and just knock out that backlog and retire the console. But that's not going to happen. I think at this point PSN will be shut down on it and we won't be able to earn PS3 trophies anymore before I even finish what I have...at that point I'd probably stop. For now it'll continue being the occasional console I play when I'm in the mood.