When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

I was using it as Vita storage for a long while until Sony patched that functionality out for no apparent reason. Still got over 100 games in my backlog for it and it stays plugged in, so I'll be playing it for at least another two years. While I'm sure the store will eventually go down, I don't think Sony will ever patch out trophy syncing functionality. 

• 1 month later...

Wanna unlock the platinum for Blur, The Saboteur, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (100% dlc) and finishing the Skate 2 & SC: Chaos Theory story.
I also got few ps1/ps2 classics to play. That's it. 

Played or platinumed every game I wanted to do back at my friends house. Bought a ps3 last year to tackle the last few games I skipped back in the day and luckily I'm almost done.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

On 2/18/2018 at 2:37 AM, MidnightDragon said:

For those of you who still play your PS3, when do you think you’ll stop doing so? It's still going to be a long while for me. 

I'll probably keep playing until I run out of games. I still have a long PS3 backlog. It's also my preferred platform over PS4, I like my free online, XMB and PS3 controllers' battery life is awesome. Also, the games were mostly sold as complete experiences. Plus, you can fit your entire collection (or most of it) on the drive. The same cannot be said about the PS4. It's probably my least favourite PS generation so far

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 12:13 AM, Helyx said:

Realistically, probably 2020...perhaps later.

So optimistic 6 years ago. At this point, I'd be surprised if my PS3 backlog was finished by 2030.

• Haha 1

If you're in my part of the world, none of the PlayStation 3 catalogue is backwards compatible, so having it around is handy for those games which never got a modern treatment (my favourite PS3 game being one of said games). I still have my original hardware (console and controller) from the PS3's launch, so I guess I'll stop whenever it dies on me... Which I'd hope isn't anytime soon; all of my consoles are regularly cleaned and taken care of. My Nintendo 64 still runs so my PS3 has no excuse! :P