Cross Region Gaming!

OFFICER_OILDAB

So I have a few questions: Is Cross Gaming considered cheating? Do you get penalized for doing it... And if not, how does one go about doing it (more particularly on the Vita)?

I have looked this up several times and feel like Im going in circles. All I ever find are answers on how to use more than one account on a vita, nothing about using the games from other regions. Either that, or I come across answers that state you simply can't play cross region games without importing a physical copy.

Please do not tell me this can't be done. It clearly can be done with hundreds, if not thousands, of players doing it.

If anyone has answers Id greatly appreciate it.

Whoever can give me an accurate method to do so, I will gift you Gold Membership on PSNProfiles(after verifying it works)! xD 

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB

There's a reason why you keep finding answers telling you can't do it without importing physical copies, it's because you can't. The vita only allows one user. You cannot buy and download a game from the Japanese store say, and then play it using your American account. Well you can but that'd be hacking which is frowned upon here and it's unlikely you'll be given the answer. You can do it on the PS3 and PS4 though as they allow multiple users

You can only have one account at a time active on your psvita. Which means you can only use the Playstation store from your account's region. You cannot download digital games from other regions. Even if you import a copy of a game, you will not be able to get any of the DLC for it as well. As the DLC you download isn't compatible with the game's region.

It's imo, one of the vita's biggest flaws honestly.

Edited by xZoneHunter

32 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

So I have a few questions: Is Cross Gaming considered cheating? Do you get penalized for doing it... And if not, how does one go about doing it (more particularly on the Vita)?

I have looked this up several times and feel like Im going in circles. All I ever find are answers on how to use more than one account on a vita, nothing about using the games from other regions. Either that, or I come across answers that state you simply can't play cross region games without importing a physical copy.

Please do not tell me this can't be done. It clearly can be done with hundreds, if not thousands, of players doing it.

If anyone has answers Id greatly appreciate it.

Whoever can give me an accurate method to do so, I will gift you Gold Membership on PSNProfiles(after verifying it works)! xD 

Just because it isn't what you want to hear, that doesn't mean it's not true. To play a game from another region, you have to import a physical copy. That's the only way to legitimately do it. That's why everyone says the same thing,

The hundreds/thousands of players who play games from other regions on vita, all import. That's why I have games from other regions on my account.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

To answer your other question, cross-region gaming is generally NOT considered cheating or even frowned upon. However, if you end up with digital-only titles from another region on your Vita, that's a clear indication you hacked your Vita and is likely to have consequences. So don't do that.

EDIT: Clarified that digital-only titles are only problematic on your Vita. Obviously no such issues for PS3/PS4.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Just because it isn't what you want to hear, that doesn't mean it's not true. To play a game from another region, you have to import a physical copy. That's the only way to legitimately do it. That's why everyone says the same thing,

The hundreds/thousands of players who play games from other regions on vita, all import. That's why I have games from other regions on my account.

On the contrary, it has nothing to do with what I want to hear. The fact of it is that it cant be true if other people are doing. There are accounts that show they have cross region games played and have the platinum for. Games that simply do not have physical copies. If a game does not have a physical copy, then how does one import it? 

Are you telling me the players doing it CANT play digital only games cross regions, and that these are just magically showing up on their account?

Just because you dont have the answer and you yourself do not know how people are playing digital only titles cross regions, does not mean it CANT be done.

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

To answer your other question, cross-region gaming is generally NOT considered cheating or even frowned upon. However, if you end up with digital-only titles from another region on your Vita, that's a clear indication you hacked your Vita and is likely to have consequences. So don't do that.

EDIT: Clarified that digital-only titles are only problematic on your Vita. Obviously no such issues for PS3/PS4.

Okay, its not cheating or frowned upon. Plenty of people do cross region gaming on their ps3/ps4 no problem. I get that. I understand how to do it even...

What I dont get is if you have to have a hacked vita or whatever to be able to do such things? Then wouldnt others be flagged for doing it? Yet they are not. You yourself would even advise against it. Which is having a jail broken vita is the only way to do it, i certainly wont. But non of these other players seem to be suffering from any repercussions

4 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

On the contrary, it has nothing to do with what I want to hear. The fact of it is that it cant be true if other people are doing. There are accounts that show they have cross region games played and have the platinum for. Games that simply do not have physical copies. If a game does not have a physical copy, then how does one import it? 

Are you telling me the players doing it CANT play digital only games cross regions, and that these are just magically showing up on their account?

Just because you dont have the answer and you yourself do not know how people are playing digital only titles cross regions, does not mean it CANT be done.

Custom Firmware on the Vita. You won't find help or instructions posted anywhere on PSNProfiles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Okay, its not cheating or frowned upon. Plenty of people do cross region gaming on their ps3/ps4 no problem. I get that. I understand how to do it even...

What I dont get is if you have to have a hacked vita or whatever to be able to do such things? Then wouldnt others be flagged for doing it? Yet they are not. You yourself would even advise against it. Which is having a jail broken vita is the only way to do it, i certainly wont. But non of these other players seem to be suffering from any repercussions

Like I said, importing physical copies is the only way to legitimately do it. This is a forum for legitimate users. Not hackers. No one here is going to help you learn to hack your Vita.

It can't be done, nuff said :awesome: 

You may be confusing some games because Japan has MUCH bigger market for physical games so even something you would not expect may have a physical copy.

As for the other games. Yes, they should and will be flagged. The problem is that actual use of CFW to get trophies on Vita-tan wasn't successful until like year ago.

For this reason, flagging of Vita games wasn't available for a long time and many players may still have this mindset until this day.

But now, we CAN flag Vita games as well so cheaters like that will be abolished.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It can't be done, nuff said :awesome: 

You may be confusing some games because Japan has MUCH bigger market for physical games so even something you would not expect may have a physical copy.

As for the other games. Yes, they should and will be flagged. The problem is that actual use of CFW to get trophies on Vita-tan wasn't successful until like year ago.

For this reason, flagging of Vita games wasn't available for a long time and many players may still have this mindset until this day.

But now, we CAN flag Vita games as well so cheaters like that will be abolished.

Rofl xD You may be right. I might be confusing some titles for digital only. Ill look into that more for sure. But Im almost certain I have seen digital only titles with multiples completed on the vita. 

That is also why I asked if it was considered cheating. I wouldnt do it if it was considered cheating, as I have stated in a response to another user. I simply wanted to know how others were doing it. If people are hacking their vitas and modding them, that is all I needed to know. 

Some people would rather just be all aggro xD Thank you for this info friend.