Can't believe it. Online isn't working

ChristianHenares

If the servers are in fact closed, I think that it is a scam that the game could still be available for sale on the store without a big red warning sign saying the servers are closed.  They want to keep getting money, but don't want to pony up the cash to let people keep playing what they keep selling. /rant

That does suck for you though.  :(

9 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

If the servers are in fact closed, I think that it is a scam that the game could still be available for sale on the store without a big red warning sign saying the servers are closed.  They want to keep getting money, but don't want to pony up the cash to let people keep playing what they keep selling. /rant

That does suck for you though.  :(

That's nothing, I once saw the F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin map pack DLCs on sale and the servers have shut for that game too hahaha. Companies not even knowing their own game got shut down but still selling things that benefit the multiplayer of the game, easy money for them :D 

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

That's nothing, I once saw the F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin map pack DLCs on sale and the servers have shut for that game too hahaha. Companies not even knowing their own game got shut down but still selling things that benefit the multiplayer of the game, easy money for them :D 

I can top that...A couple of weeks ago, I saw Wal-Mart STILL selling copies of MAG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I can top that...A couple of weeks ago, I saw Wal-Mart STILL selling copies of MAG

I think Sony and Warner Bros should have known the servers were shut down before putting it on the PSN Store and actually promoting it as part of the Warner Bros sale. Walmart is a supermarket and isn't solely based on the sale of digital media. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I think Sony and Warner Bros should have known the servers were shut down before putting it on the PSN Store and actually promoting it as part of the Warner Bros sale. Walmart is a supermarket and isn't solely based on the sale of digital media. 

Image result for give that man a trophy meme

No need to fight!!! EVERYBODY WINS!!!!

Related image

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

I can only go by the US store, but it is does say the server is closed

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PCSA00009_00-0011223344556677

That isn't the same game?  That link is to Hot Shots Golf.  This is talking about Everybody's Golf which makes no mention of closed servers or lack of online support, at least not on the Canadian store.

Am I confused about this somehow?

And on a side note, just because worse things have happened, does not mean that we should just accept this as ok.  They are all problems.

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

That isn't the same game?  That link is to Hot Shots Golf.  This is talking about Everybody's Golf which makes no mention of closed servers or lack of online support, at least not on the Canadian store.

Am I confused about this somehow?

And on a side note, just because worse things have happened, does not mean that we should just accept this as ok.  They are all problems.

The US and Canada had the name Hot Shots Golf up until this new game.  Everybody's Golf is what has been called in Europe and Japan.  Considering this is on the Everybody's Golf for the Vita, that is where the confusion can come in.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jasondm300 said:

The US and Canada had the name Hot Shots Golf up until this new game.  Everybody's Golf is what has been called in Europe and Japan.  Considering this is on the Everybody's Golf for the Vita, that is where the confusion can come in.  

So this most recent version of everybody's golf still has their servers open, and it is the older version of the game that doesn't.  That would explain why this game doesn't mention no online servers.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

So this most recent version of everybody's golf still has their servers open, and it is the older version of the game that doesn't.  That would explain why this game doesn't mention no online servers.

The PS4 Everybody's Golf is perfectly fine and the online servers are up and running.  The PS3 and Vita Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Named just Everybody's Golf in Europe to add to the confusion) is closed and has been closed since December.  

• Like 1

Yes, it's been known for a while. Sorry you can't get the plat. Hopefully, you haven't earned a trophy yet. If you did, but haven't updated your trophy data. I think you would have to delete your profile on your Vita and boot it up again. But before doing so, I hope you have saves of your games prior to playing Everybody's Golf.

Edited by Edunstar84

I bought Everybody's Golf for full price earlier because I was very interested in the game and I knew about the server shutdown beforehand. Too bad you didn't notice the product page mentioning the online services are not available anymore. But don't let the unobtainable platinum stop you from enjoying the game. 

I'm not sure if I can ever obtain the platinum due to its difficulty but I can live with that because the game is tons of fun to play. :)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...