Demon's Souls NEW SERVER

Coplex-XVII

Apparently someone set up a set Demon's Souls servers to keep the online portion still afloat. I have a friend who wanted me to drop the weapons to him through this server but I wanted to verify if that's even allowed so he doesn't get banned. I think it's cool someone put the servers back up but if it causes his trophies to look illegitimate then he should just do it himself.

Anyways if anyone happens to know if it's allowed or not please let me know it's appreciated :)

Here is the reddit of the server apparently. Anyways thank you for your guys help. Happy hunting!

I think they're going through a lot of trouble for a game that's pretty easy to plat solo. If they make the server public so people can pvp and coop again, that would be cool. If it's private, what's the point? If they make them private just to have you drop items, they are easily putting in more ours and effort than just running it solo.

Edit: I guess I didn't answer your question. Well, take this into consideration: gta5 for ps3. There are modders who can place a bounty on you which would take care of a problem Rockstar created and locked out a trophy. Having a modder do it is no more or less effort than it was when it was legit. So none of the leaderboards are altered in a bad way. This won't help people get a faster time to plat. This won't affect anyoneadversely in any way. However, this site continues to vilify and flag people who obtain it this way. Also keep in mind that this is the only site that does so.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Would this be similar to private modded servers. If you get in could trophies start popping. Might count as hacks later for trophies? Idk want to risk it.

If the trophies pop in the wrong order then it's a flaggable offense. The question is if the trophies pop up in a way that is okay if the online servers were up but not available now, will he get flagged?

I've seen game sessions for games that servers have been shut down and there are services that provide some type of fake LAN set-up for online trophies that are technically unavailable. It's definitely a grey area since the feature is no longer in the game and I don't think we've had a case that called this into question.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think they're going through a lot of trouble for a game that's pretty easy to plat solo. If they make the server public so people can pvp and coop again, that would be cool. If it's private, what's the point? If they make them private just to have you drop items, they are easily putting in more ours and effort than just running it solo.

It's only "private" in the sense that it's not run by the devs, anyone who does the DNS change can access it while the server is up

This wasn't set up just for people to still earn trophies easy, assuming that is being incredibly short sighted. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Pretty easy unless a certain stone doesn't drop after a couple of hundred hours of playing, Yes it can be pretty easy or pretty impossible. This is my favorite Souls game and I don't see this as allot of trouble, I see it as a fan base with a workaround for a brilliant game that imo is worth playing regardless of getting the shiny plat.

This sounds just like the Mario Kart Wii community, the servers were shut down like 2012. But because of private servers alot of pepole still play it till this day, not only for that, but alot of other games has regained theire online function. 

It’s not something that automatically connects you to the online, this is something you have to do yourself, but there are always setup guides if you look the right places.

To get my point across, i don’t see why pepole should get flagges for earning online trophies if such servers are avilable. This is just good opportunity to regain the possiblity of earning perviously unobtainabe trophies. All we need is a bit more public knowledge about it, saying it works within the game rules.

Well, not that Demon Souls has any unachivables.

This is just a way to make people try to get items quicker. That's honestly why they're considering putting a new server up so the game could be done faster.

I'm not risking going on a private server however. I've been on private servers for various games in the past and all people seem to do on them is tweak everything to their own advantage.

If it's public, I'm okay with it.

• Like 1

If anyone wonders, the official servers are down, and this is custom servers etc. Go play, have fun with it, nothing wrong with this, but if you use it to earn trophies out of order etc, you'll most likely get flagged for it.

If you just beat the game first, then get co-op drops, and spend like 10+ hours before you get all weapons, you likely won't get flagged.

Just to be clear, nothing wrong with using the servers IMO, have fun with it. Enjoy it! Just don't use it to earn trophies too fast or out of order with the official servers down. It's not like the game requires online servers to get the platinum. Only one item in the game is not obtainable with servers down, and it's not required for platinum.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

Thank you everyone for the input. 

I didn't ask if the game was easy to solo though, I have all 3 platinums and I did fine solo. 

This was just to see if it's even allowed if they are popped legit through drop trading as people did on the actual demons servers if that would cause the account to be flagged.

If they are popped all dodgy and out of order of course that makes sense for flag but I strictly mean if the trophies related to the weapons and rings were dropped for a user through the online service via this server would it constitute for a flag. 

Thank you guys.

2 hours ago, Coplex- said:

Thank you everyone for the input. 

I didn't ask if the game was easy to solo though, I have all 3 platinums and I did fine solo. 

This was just to see if it's even allowed if they are popped legit through drop trading as people did on the actual demons servers if that would cause the account to be flagged.

If they are popped all dodgy and out of order of course that makes sense for flag but I strictly mean if the trophies related to the weapons and rings were dropped for a user through the online service via this server would it constitute for a flag. 

Thank you guys.

Pretty sure I answered this in my last post. At least beat the game first, don't get all weapons or drops etc too fast (at least 10+ hours, and at earliest right before the very last boss), don't learn all magic spells before after good ending and you should be fine. AKA earn the trophies as if the servers are down (the official servers are down).

Edited by MMDE