Jimmie Johnson's Anything With An Engine Digital Version US Store 0.99$

2i0gr6c.jpg

This price is only available from 3/13/2018 04:00 pm to 3/27/2018 05:00 pm.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2032-NPUB31471_00-JJAWAE0000000001

Game is now on sale with PS Plus discount to 90% off till 27 March. Normally the game is 1.99$ for not Plus Members And 0.99$ with Ps Plus members. You have to know if you buy this game on digital and you boost with someone the online trophies that person needs also the digital version.

It is not the best title, but really recommended for people that are looking for a rare game on their lists. A Mario kart ripoff as well. But can be fun for people that like to do racing games also.

If you don't have PS Plus on your US account and you are from another region, than upload anything to the PS Cloud with your dummy account and you can try out 2 days trial PS Plus for free (This does not always work, so beware). That way you can buy the discounts in the Playstation Store. I do that all the time as well and it always works for me.

Have fun!

Edited by TazDevilz1986
Add the correct price for No Ps Plus members.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Just curious how a digital game could be considered rare...?

He means rare from th perspective that not many people own the game (just over 1000), and there are fewer than 50 with the plat to date.

I have both the physical and digital version platinums, and did a guide on .org

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/jimmie-johnson-s-anything-with-an-engine/258493-jimmie-johnsons-anything-engine-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

If you are going to pick it up, please note a couple of things. As noted, you cannot self boost between a digital and physical version of the game - they will not connect.

The AI in this game is brutal. I'm not sure I've seen worse rubber banding ever in a racer. It is absolutely unforgiving.

Please read very carefully my warning about the difficulty and the way the game saves progress. Do not play events on anything other than all-star if you want the plat, or you may well end up with a progress blocked save. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, diskdocx said:

He means rare from th perspective that not many people own the game (just over 1000), and there are fewer than 50 with the plat to date.

I have both the physical and digital version platinums, and did a guide on .org

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/jimmie-johnson-s-anything-with-an-engine/258493-jimmie-johnsons-anything-engine-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

If you are going to pick it up, please note a couple of things. As noted, you cannot self boost between a digital and physical version of the game - they will not connect.

The AI in this game is brutal. I'm not sure I've seen worse rubber banding ever in a racer. It is absolutely unforgiving.

Please read very carefully my warning about the difficulty and the way the game saves progress. Do not play events on anything other than all-star if you want the plat, or you may well end up with a progress blocked save. 

Thanks for your awesome guide, bro. The AI kicks my ass everytime on the last lap and sometimes on the last stretch. LOL

ericperez18.png

2 hours ago, ericperez18 said:

Thanks for your awesome guide, bro. The AI kicks my ass everytime on the last lap and sometimes on the last stretch. LOL

ericperez18.png

As I said, it is extreme rubber banding, probably one of the worst AI I have dealt with in a racer. There is no point trying to run fast, clean laps. Hang back and stay close, then unload your weapons and hit the short cuts on the last stretch. 

Fortunately you can re-race the events you do poorly in, and try to earn more points. You don't need to finish first in each race, just first overall, so sometimes getting a second or third can move you up in the overall standings if the leader finishes last or well down.

imo the game is very rare (the disc version) and im pretty sure nobody even knows about the digital until now since its on sale

i use to weekly look for ps3 discs and buy in bulk, ive only seen this game ONCE, ever. and i bought it when i did. ive never seen it anywhere since then. im sure you could prob find it on amazon etc. but i can say from a shopping experience i know when some games are rare to find based on never seeing them anywhere on hunts. id prob rank it in the top 3 rare discs i own. 

and i totally agree on the ai being brutal, on i think the castle map when i originally played it i got past the level with a crappy car. so now since i advanced i cant beat jj on that one race because my character just isnt good enough. jj always wins no matter what at the last turn that is nearly impossible to make

Edited by melodicmizery

17 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i use to weekly look for ps3 discs and buy in bulk, ive only seen this game ONCE, ever.

I guess that depends on where you look. A quick search on eBay and I found at least 15 really cheap copies. And they are always there and never sell because the game is not that rare. Being an US release it's even quite common in Europe. It's like that World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars game which people say is such a rare "gem" but they have loads of them in the bargain bin at my local GameStop becaues they have too many of them. Again, depends on where you look.

Aquanaut's Holiday (english language version) is probably my rarest PS3 physical, but when I went to Korea they had it everywhere. Same with the korean stack of The Cursed Crusade. And the polish/russian stack of Tintin - of course it is rare in some parts of the world, but when I visited Poland I could get three of them for $10.

And let's not talk about all the different variants of Class Of Heroes 2G...

17 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

and i totally agree on the ai being brutal, on i think the castle map when i originally played it i got past the level with a crappy car. so now since i advanced i cant beat jj on that one race because my character just isnt good enough. jj always wins no matter what at the last turn that is nearly impossible to make

Totally agree on this tho. It's up there with El Chavo Kart as one of the most rubber banded racing games ever, it's amazingly stupid.

Edited by grifteskymfning
spelling

• 4 weeks later...
On 17-3-2018 at 8:22 AM, grifteskymfning said:

I guess that depends on where you look. A quick search on eBay and I found at least 15 really cheap copies. And they are always there and never sell because the game is not that rare. Being an US release it's even quite common in Europe. It's like that World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars game which people say is such a rare "gem" but they have loads of them in the bargain bin at my local GameStop becaues they have too many of them. Again, depends on where you look.

I think I have seen you say that before about World of Outlaws for PS3. You are from Sweden right? Looking online I can only find a single copy of the game on an .SE domain and it costs more than 65 EUR there.

I can not find a single copy here in The Netherlands at all. I have never seen one in second hand game stores, or online on our own ebay. I can only find copies on eBay itself, none here in The Netherlands though. And they still cost between 50 and 120 EUR when shipped from France, Germany, UK or even further away.

Maybe you are confusing the PS3  game with the PS2 version? Because the PS2 game is much cheaper and much easier to come by indeed. It will generally cost between 10 and 20 EUR.

• Like 1

I've platted the game and the ai is rubbish, to win some races you just need pure luck. Not much skill needed, just luck to win the races. And if i remembered correctly the controls are pretty bad, but it is still quite enjoyable thats why i pushed through