THQ Nordic Revives Nickelodeon IPs for 2018, Possible Remasters?

Terra

Just found this article here

https://games.mxdwn.com/news/thq-nordic-and-nickelodeon-team-up-to-revive-classics/

Looks like there is the potential for remasters or ports of some of the 90s-2000s THQ Nickelodeon titles but THQ Nordic will announce availability in a few months. If their is a remaster for Battle for Bikini Bottom, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. 

EDIT:

Full list of possible new IP's or Ports here
https://thqnordic.com/article/thq-nordic-and-nickelodeon-bring-back-selected-game-titles-past

List of IP's

• Back at the Barnyard
  • Catscratch
  • Danny Phantom
  • El Tigre
  • Invader ZIm
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot
  • Rocket Power
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • Spongebob Squarepants
  • Tak and the Power of JuJu
  • The Fairly OddParents (United States Only)
  • The Ren & Stimpy Show
  • The Wild Thornberrys 

Edited by Terra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DarkSoleride said:

I thought Activision held the publishing rights for Spongebob no? 

I'm assuming THQ Nordic acquired the rights to the titles that only THQ Published, not the ones Activision did. Titles from the early 2000s were published by THQ and developed by Heavy Iron Studios If I can remember

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'd get the games for Avatar, Danny Phantom, and El Tigre. Really liked those shows and never got to play those games when they were released. If Fairly Odd Parents gets a remaster too, I'd be surprised if it was exclusive to US.

I'm hoping for a remaster of the Nicktoons Unite trilogy, that would be awesome. I'm not sure why they are saying Fairly OddParents is exclusive to the United States. Shadow Showdown was one of my favorites and I'd hate to see that remain only in the U.S

1 hour ago, Terra said:

I'm assuming THQ Nordic acquired the rights to the titles that only THQ Published, not the ones Activision did. Titles from the early 2000s were published by THQ and developed by Heavy Iron Studios If I can remember

oh okay coolio,

I want a lot of these games hopefully Fairly Odd Parents will come to Europe if not import time! 

27 minutes ago, Terra said:

If they do, their better be some good trophies! Hopefully one for the dreaded Kelp Slide 

I wonder if 1. It would have a plat. It could have a Jak and Daxter style list. or 2. They would release by itself or in some sort of bundle.

(Also, that stupid rolling ball puzzle in the Mermalair should get a trophy, I hated that.

• Like 1

SpongeBob games on the PS4? Especially from back then? Yes please, would like to play them as well.  Seen a bit of gameplay for Battle for Bikini Bottom, but never did play it myself, but would love to.  Hopefully they do bring back games, either as remasters or the whole, PS2 to PS4 port thing that has been happening.

Hopefully their full focus is on the Darksiders series. Doesn't seem like these will be the heavy hitter games that rack in the $$$.