What to play, plat alone or 100% also.

iM-iConZz-Be

I'm so confused about this question ?

Do you want easy platinums, hard platinums or non plat games(100% only)?

If you're asking about what to do. 100% games with or without plat is all skill depended so if you want to stay on a 100% profile just check how hard the game is for you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I'd recommend against a 100% account.

It'd negatively affect your playing habits too much. You'll start to get stressed if you're not able to 100% games, you'll avoid potentially fantastic games that seem too difficult or too much effort, and eventually you'll get into a cycle of just seeking out crap that shows you don't actually care about what you're playing as long as it gets the numbers up.

And is it worth it just to be able to say you got 100% completion in a selection of games cherry-picked specifically to maintain that 100%?

I say just play whatever you want without worrying whether it's easy, hard, or has a platinum or not. Only you can really decide how or even if you enjoy trophy hunting, but you won't be able to if you disregard whole groups of games right off the bat.

offtopic: With someone giving the advise not to 100% with 99.4% and 294 I had to check you out and omg I'm fanboying hard. holy shit all those Assassin Creed games stacked you've got yourself a follower

??

Why limit yourself? At some point, you might want to play something different, so why set arbitrary rules for yourself?

When I started this account, I wanted 100% with only good games. That didn't last long. 100% is still in reach (technically...), but it was only a matter of time before I stumbled upon a game that I didn't like. But at least I can say every game I've played is one I thought I would like. I'd much rather have that on my account than a game I knew I wouldn't like, just because I wanted an easy platinum or whatever.

I'm not sure I understand your other questions. Are you asking if you should only go for easy or hard platinums? There are lots of people who do the former, and very few who do the latter. Personally, I like a challenge, but I'm not always in the mood for a challenge. So, again, why limit yourself?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It'd negatively affect your playing habits too much. You'll start to get stressed if you're not able to 100% games, you'll avoid potentially fantastic games that seem too difficult or too much effort, and eventually you'll get into a cycle of just seeking out crap that shows you don't actually care about what you're playing as long as it gets the numbers up.

And is it worth it just to be able to say you got 100% completion in a selection of games cherry-picked specifically to maintain that 100%?

I say just play whatever you want without worrying whether it's easy, hard, or has a platinum or not. Only you can really decide how or even if you enjoy trophy hunting, but you won't be able to if you disregard whole groups of games right off the bat.

I completely agree with you on all points.

I've been trying to maintain a 100% account, and it does cause a lot of stress at times that just isn't worth it really.  I enjoyed gaming more on my old account when I didn't care about 100% and could just drop games once I stopped enjoying them.

I've personally not been doing the "avoid games that seem too difficult" thing, and have just been playing games I think I'll like (although sometimes I'm wrong, like Ginger which is glitchy garbage that I thought was going to be a fun platformer, or Coffin Dodgers which seemed like a hilarious concept, but was very poorly executed), and keeping at it until I get 100% regardless of how long/difficult that journey is.  Which means I should stop playing free PSPlus games, because more often than not, I don't enjoy them, but that's not the point here.

But yeah - going at it from the attitude of "I want things I can complete easily" and ending up with 30min/1hour plats that you ONLY played just because it was an easy plat?  Not worth it, and even though it's not much time/money, it's still a waste of both IMO.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with an easy plat, as long as you played it because you like it and not because you wanted an easy plat (I do have some point and click games, but they're like a guilty pleasure, and I have every single one I could find on the App Store on my phone, because I love them).

100% agree that you should play the games you want.  If you then want to 100% them all, go you, but if not, that's fine as long as you enjoyed your time with the games, as that's a lot more important.

Also off-topic - your profile is very impressive, Shadiochao!  You're like my idol on the account I one day want to have!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I disagree with most of the above. It's entirely dependent on the person.

For me it's positively affected my gaming habits, as I constantly seek to delve outside of my comfort zone and improve my playing ability. The euphoria you get from accomplishing something that seemed too difficult in the beginning is priceless. A little patience and a splash of determination goes a long way. If this kinda thing is stressing you, then you're probably taking gaming too seriously, trying to rush through games to accumulate plats or actively trying to compete on the leaderboards.

Only takes a small amount of research to find out if any of the games you want to play have unobtainables in them, and if that's the case then simply play it on an alt account. Although this is extremely rare and unless you're playing vintage FIFAs or some very old titles/niche indies you won't have this problem.

Having a 100% account doesn't have to equate to possessing a huge number of plats, so you don't have to churn out crap all the time if you don't want to. If you don't care for the leaderboards (full of team accounts, buyers and whatnot), then the world is pretty much your oyster. Is it worth it if you're cherry picking games? Probably not. Is it worth it if you're playing everything you love and getting the most out of it? Absolutely.

In the end, don't let me or anyone else dictate your play-style. Do whatever you want to do. Our opinions are all subjective.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

if you're obsessed with having 100% profile you can always make alt account and complete 1 game (for lazy people it can be one of those easy platinums or whatever). mission success - your very own 100% profile :)

32 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

For me it's positively affected my gaming habits, as I constantly seek to delve outside of my comfort zone and improve my playing ability. The euphoria you get from accomplishing something that seemed too difficult in the beginning is priceless. A little patience and a splash of determination goes a long way. If this kinda thing is stressing you, then you're probably taking gaming too seriously, trying to rush through games or actively trying to compete on the leaderboards.

Only takes a small amount of research to find out if any of the games you want to play have unobtainables in them, and if that's the case then simply play it on an alt account. Although this is extremely rare and unless you're playing vintage FIFAs or some very old titles/niche indies you won't have this problem.

Having a 100% account doesn't have to equate to possessing a huge number of plats, so you don't have to churn out crap all the time if you don't want to. If you don't care for the leaderboards (full of team accounts, buyers and whatnot), then the world is pretty much your oyster. Is it worth it if you're cherry picking games? Probably not. Is it worth it if you're playing everything you love and getting the most out of it? Absolutely.

In the end, do whatever you want to do. Our opinions are all subjective.

Well said. I totally agree. In most games i have a time over 1 year from first to last trophy it's because only in a 2nd attempt i left my comfort zone and did something maybe hard, maybe hidden and i am happy to see or do more than i consider normal according to my gaming habits...

To the OP: i wouldn't limot myself to just easy or just hard games with or without a platinum trophy. Yes i do prefer less online trophies and dlc trophies in my games but i do them sometimes because i want a challenge (applying to mp trophies mainly)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

This is why I only ever play games on physical media. Shitty games on disc are quite rare, compared to digital downloads.

That's certainly true, but it's also pretty much impossible to find a diamond in the rough on disc. Disc games can be cheap, but they NEVER get as cheap as digital games. And while some of the digital shit for cheap is just that - shit, there are lots of good games hanging around as well that you just can't find on disc.

However, I positively LOVE physical copies for larger games, since discs often get cheap much faster than digital. As I've bragged before, I found a steelbook copy of FF XII for $15 last December. I don't think the digital version has ever been cheaper than $25 in the states.